Chelsea 3-0 Crystal Palace

Jase

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Good to see optimism around this place…. not even kicked a ball yet and you’d think it was all doom and gloom.

Line ups interesting but Tuchel did say it will take a while for some guys to get their fitness IIRC due to the Euros etc. 

Big chance for Timo today, personally would of played Kai instead but lets see how he does. Has to improve on that lacklustre performance in the super cup.

Still think we will have more than enough. 

Maguire, Shaw and the lads at Man UTD looked incredibly fit. Don't understand the narrative that they're not fit enough to start.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Tbf, though, Chilwell and James didn’t even play. How are they not fit yet but Jorginho is who played like every minute until the end of the tournament?

How the hell should I know? But Tuchel surely knows way more than any member here.v My guess is Chilwell and James did not really have heavy training loads and then left for vacation. So they are surely behind others.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Tbf, though, Chilwell and James didn’t even play. How are they not fit yet but Jorginho is who played like every minute until the end of the tournament?

I'd say it has more to do with options in Jorginho's position being limited compared to the wing back positions.

I think he's trying to strike a balance between starting a couple of them (Mount and Jorginho) and maybe looking to give a couple of them game time off the bench.

Just now, Azul said:

Maguire, Shaw and the lads at Man UTD looked incredibly fit. Don't understand the narrative that they're not fit enough to start.

Don't mind Tuchel with his bullshit they ain't fit to play...Chilwell hardly plays in the euro

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You answered your own question.

3 minutes ago, Azul said:

Jorginho, Mount and these guys played on EURO. Chilwell and James had last game in May. Plus all these guys had pre season minutes unlike our wing backs.

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Jorginho, Mount and these guys played on EURO. Chilwell and James had last game in May. Plus all these guys had pre season minutes unlike our wing backs.

James started against Scotland.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Good to see optimism around this place…. not even kicked a ball yet and you’d think it was all doom and gloom.

Line ups interesting but Tuchel did say it will take a while for some guys to get their fitness IIRC due to the Euros etc. 

Big chance for Timo today, personally would of played Kai instead but lets see how he does. Has to improve on that lacklustre performance in the super cup.

Still think we will have more than enough. 

I agree with you Mo

In TT I trust, he certainly knows his players better than some of the muppets on here.

36 minutes ago, Milan said:

Hardly surprising considering the internation tournament that finished last month and both our first choice full backs were there until the very end. Come September, the line up will look differently.

Chilwell didn't play 1 game for England soo......

13 minutes ago, Mana said:

"Not kicked a ball yet" Well, that is incorrect. These players were here last season AND the Super Cup. Just because it's a restart of the PL doesn't mean we should forget everything prior.

Improve? Massively improve. Like, he becomes a different player.

But you and I know, especially after his SC performance that's not going to happen. You can't just turn on a switch and become good (unless it's a one-off).

Super Cup is a weird one to gauge though, even today technically you could say its still effectively pre-season because its not as if Tuchel has had a lot of time with players who were away at Euros etc and it will take a few weeks to get some of them up to full speed and integrate any other signings. 

Not forgetting everything but I think some of the reactions to the line up and no signings bar Lukaku is a bit OTT. I mean if we go and get a good performance and result will anybody really care about the line up? I don’t think so. Even then I don’t think you see the finished team on match day 1. Plus Kai, Mount, James, Pulisic, all young players who are better after another season as first team players so theres that growth also. 

I do think Werner will never really be more than what he showed in flashes last season so I agree he has to become a totally different player, improving tenfold but whether he does that it remains to be seen and unrealistic based on pre-season so far. 

14 minutes ago, Azul said:

Doesnt mean anything though. Every club has different approaches and methods to pre-season and maybe Shaw and Maguire didn’t take holidays to get back as soon as they could after the Euros? Where they played virtually every minute (bar first 2 games for Maguire) so maybe they werent as rusty as some of the guys who didn’t play. Who knows.