Chelsea 1-1 Villarreal

Jase

4 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Well from my info it is a channel and it will be showing the game.

Up date, my bad bruv it appears that the channel is for Ireland, and not us...sorry.😳

Haha, no worries man. Least I no am not just a thick cunt now haha

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

The 26-man Chelsea squad as listed on UEFA’s official website:

Goalkeepers:

Kepa Arrizabalaga
Marcus Bettinelli
Edouard Mendy
Lucas Bergstrom

Defenders:

Antonio Rudiger
Marcos Alonso
Andreas Christensen
Thiago Silva
Kurt Zouma
Ethan Ampadu
Ben Chilwell
Reece James
Cesar Azpilicueta
Emerson Palmieri

Midfielders:

Jorginho
N’Golo Kante
Christian Pulisic
Mateo Kovacic
Mason Mount
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Hakim Ziyech
Faustino Anjorin
Kai Havertz

Forwards:

Tammy Abraham
Timo Werner
Armando Broja

Appears that we will go into the season with only 3 cme -.- 

Big Ed

Azpi     AC.     Rudi

RJ.    Kante.   Kova.    Alonso

Ziyech.        Timo

Kai

is what I expect. By far not our best lineup but should be enough if we don’t have a massive fitness disadvantage which I expect we will have 

4 hours ago, milka said:

usually as we lose a cup match at the beginning of the season  the whole season is rubbish afterwards

so win this fucking cup for prestige 

Getting Roman the only 2 trophies he lacks (and one of them the club overall lacks) is a BFD. Plus, just being able to call ourselves World Champions for the first time ever, after 117 years of football is a massive reward.

It also removes the stigma of being the one English Club to get into the FWCC and not eventually bring it home (Manure and Pool both failed on their first attempts too). We will better Manure's record, as their first attempt they were by far the biggest fail ever. Not only were they the only UEFA side in history to not at least make the final, they did not even make the 3rd place game. They crashed out massively in the group stage. And they dropped out of the FA Cup just to go for it. Super fucking massive all round fail.

So if we win now, we can tell those Manc cunts (they are far worse about us not having a world championship than Pool is) to ram it up their fucking batty crease. I am so sick of hearing it from them ever since they finally won it the season after the Moscow CL final nightmare. Even then, in what was close to the weakest FWCC field ever, they barely squeaked out a win versus a shit LDU Quito (Ecuador) side 1 nil. That Corinthians team that nipped us in 2012 would have battered Manure if the Mancs played as shit a game as they did in the 2008 final. Hell, even in the semifinal, the let in 3 goals against a far from world class Osaka Japanese side. We pounded a really decent Monterrey Mexico side in our 2012 semi.

36 minutes ago, Mana said:

To me - winning these two trophies (FWC and SC) is more of a priority than winning the league this season. You can win the league any season, but winning these two bad boys is extremely rare - FWC even rarer because you only qualify if you win the CL. As mentioned, never won the FWC as well.

Liverpool won these recently too. This Chelsea squad (especially when Lukaku gets here) are stronger than the Chelsea squad that attempted this in the 2013/14 season. We got to win these this time.

🤣 Winning those trophies won't mean half as much as winning a league title even with the novelty of winning it for the first time.

55 minutes ago, Strike said:

🤣 Winning those trophies won't mean half as much as winning a league title even with the novelty of winning it for the first time.

absolutely disagree

I would take a guaranteed double continental and global cup win and a top 4 (but not 1st place) 

ALL DAY

over losing the cups and winning the league, especially if it is Citeh who win and NOT Manure or victimpool (and a bonus if we finish above them)

Those two trophies are INSANELY hard to win, as you have to win the CL just to get in one and then either the CL or the EL for the other (and if you get in via EL, the CL team is often far better than you, look at us v Villarreal, we are vastly superior)

IF we only win the EPL this season

and lose

UEFA Super Cup

FIFA World Club Championship (staggeringly hard to win after this one last time under the old format)

League Cup

FA Cup

CL

I am NOT going to be satisfied AT all

the only thing that could have made that worse, is if we had played just now in the Community Shield and lost as well (which we almost always do, we are so shit in it)

a chance at 6 or 7 trophies, including 2 continental  and one global, and losing them all save for the league is NOT acceptable.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

absolutely disagree

I would take a guaranteed double continental and global cup win and a top 4 (but not 1st place) 

ALL DAY

over losing the cups and winning the league, especially if it is Citeh who win and NOT Manure or victimpool (and a bonus if we finish above them)

Those two trophies are INSANELY hard to win, as you have to win the CL just to get in one and then either the CL or the EL for the other (and if you get in via EL, the CL team is often far better than you, look at us v Villarreal, we are vastly superior)

IF we only win the EPL this season

and lose

UEFA Super Cup

FIFA World Club Championship (staggeringly hard to win after this one last time under the old format)

League Cup

FA Cup

CL

Would take it over winning Super Cup, CWC and losing everything else 👍

3 hours ago, Mana said:

I've seen Chelsea win the league 5 times in my lifetime already, I've never seen Chelsea win the CWC nor SC. So sorry, these are important to me. It will be great to wear the gold World Champions badge in the PL for this season.

SC maybe you can say..."well, we went there 3 times already" (even though we lost all attempts, but we got 1 SC in CFC's history anyway) but the CWC? This is needed. It is a very rare trophy to put in our cabinet.

Winning the league is important, but I doubt we will win it this season even with Lukaku. And there's always next season to attempt it as long we continue to have the ambition.

This is Chelsea's 2nd attempt in their entire history to get the CWC. And we don't know if we ever going to get a 3rd attempt. I'm not taking this for granted like you. We will be the only London club to be World Champions in addition to being Champions of Europe/Europa League Winners.

It's another piece of history, a unique trophy in our cabinet.

So get these trophies, and we will be happy days. Lose these trophies, in addition to not getting the PL/CL...then it just adds to WTF is going on with this club.

Because that'll be 5 losses in a final in 7 since Conte's FA Cup win.

I agree with the club world cup.

Super Cup? I'll trade that one for three point against Palace let alone the title.

Hi all

New to this website so hope I'm using it right.

I've got a couple tickets for Chelsea against Palace this weekend. I bough through mine and a friends membership.

My friend has got covid so I'll be taking my dad instead. Will there be an issue since it's not my dads name on the ticket, its my friends? I highly doubt they'll ID everyone going into the stadium but you never know.

Also do we need to do a covid test and have proof of results?

Cheers to anyone who has the time to answer

Archie