Champions League Final 2021 - Man City 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

The biggest concern with City playing all those attackers is the likes of Azpi, Jorginho, Kante, RJ etc when they are pressed high. None really react well when they’re rushed.

We cannot allow them to do that or they’ll rip us to shreds. We have to force them back and be physical with their little munchkin players.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I was hoping Fernandhino or Rodri would be starting.... they can't deal with the pace of our midfield. The team Pep has started with it is far more dynamic.

Gündogan can't either, if he is their no. 6

City didn't play a Premier league match all season where at least one of fernandinho or rodri didn't start.

It's a very bold move, they could end up completely blitzing us but hopefully this is one of those times Pep has overthought things to his teams detriment.

1 minute ago, Jas said:

What's interesting? He was there too on the bench in the previous CL games.

2 keepers seems overkill unless tuchel wants him there for pens?

I understand its no different all season but just seems strange we could have another attacking player on the bench as an option if chasing the game.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

2 keepers seems overkill unless tuchel wants him there for pens?

I understand its no different all season but just seems strange we could have another attacking player on the bench as an option if chasing the game.

Well, Abraham seems a goner at this point. So, his exclusion, while a tad harsh perhaps, is kinda irrelevant.

Having said that, the bigger question is why do we have 2 left backs/left wing backs on the bench? 

We're one of the best in the world when it comes to protecting a lead, very hard to break down with our formation and shape. But when we concede first we're pitiful and against city this can't happen.

It's going to be a very tall task, and like others have mentioned, we need to be almost perfect here to win. 

I don't have any confidence in Werner and Havertz because they're not finishing chances they should be. Had been the case all season. Good movement and pace can only get you so far, it's time to finish some of these chances. I hope they prove me wrong.