Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Well, apparently he doesn't quite agree, based on his comments after coming on as a sub against Madrid in the second leg.

I too think he has got fairly enough minutes, especially considering that he is an injury risk, but at the same time feel he wants to be the player to start the big games and not just be a useful squad option.

I saw his post-Madrid comments back then and thought they were over-dramatic. 

The funny thing then is after he said what he said, he went and put in a run of average games, where he had little to no impact whatsoever. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I would still start Ziyech against City, so maybe Pulisic could have started the FA cup final just to keep things even.

Not sure Ziyech justifies a start in the CL final at this point. 

Mount will start. Werner likely too. It's between Havertz and Pulisic for the third spot.

49 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Well, apparently he doesn't quite agree, based on his comments after coming on as a sub against Madrid in the second leg.

I too think he has got fairly enough minutes, especially considering that he is an injury risk, but at the same time feel he wants to be the player to start the big games and not just be a useful squad option.

I would still start Ziyech against City, so maybe Pulisic could have started the FA cup final just to keep things even.

Why would anyone want to start Ziyech? He is absolute horsehit apart from very few lucky goals.

28 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He's been pretty effective against City to be honest. 

He rode his luck scoring 2 important goals vs them but overall his performances in the city games, in all his recent games were quite poor. I don't hink we can count on lightning striking three times here.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Why would anyone want to start Ziyech? He is absolute horsehit apart from very few lucky goals.

Ziyech operates fairly well in space, which City tend to leave behind their midfield.

Dun dun dun dun...Will we finish on a high or be mega pissed off..

How many times will they hit the post/fire over the bar/score offside?!

If Villa score in the dying seconds...

Eeek. Get job done!

Edited by Laylabelle

6 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Ziyech operates fairly well in space, which City tend to leave behind their midfield.

every attacker operates well in space. at least better than in no space. Pulisic and even Werner are way superior to ziyech in space tbf

Liverpool will demolish Palace. My guess is 4-0.

Leicester v Spuds is difficult to call right now. But something tells me Spuds will be up for it and get a result.

Villa will come out like their hair is on fire in front of their fans and with zero pressure on them. I think they’ll be extremely pumped up to come out and leave one on us. We absolutely have to assert ourselves early like we did against Leicester. 

We absolutely don’t want to have it come down to winning the final against City to determine our fate next season. That kind of pressure on our mentally weak players will be too much.

Leicester have their fans back for the first time since March..Liverpool home crowd..Villa home crowd..might not make a huge difference but it does create more!

Know had some dodgy decision go against but also had some dodgy performances which have got us into this slight possible mess. If we don't get 4th we've thrown a huge chance away. Especially if dont win next week....

14 hours ago, Valdo said:

What a crock of shit. 

If they pulled this stunt... the fans would riot in the streets. The FA would be demonized and the pressure would be extreme. 

I almost want it to happen.

Edited by DDA

Almost certain to be an early Villa onslaught in front of their fans which we need to be prepared to stand up to.

Having fans in the ground and Villa being able to play with freedom and no pressure could be extremely tricky, but it may also play into our hands if we remain calm. They may attack us a bit more than they normally would do which will hopefully leave spaces behind to exploit.