Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea

Jase

Justo ahora, Mana dijo:

If Burnley beats Liverpool tomorrow, this is no longer a final and we can rest players for the CL final.

Either way must win v Villa regardless. Which we are more than capable of.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

If Burnley beats Liverpool tomorrow, this is no longer a final and we can rest players for the CL final.

Whilst I'd rather Burnley do the job tomorrow and we don't have to suffer through at the weekend, I think having to continue playing full throttle with that edge until the very end of the season may benefit us come the final. 

City's last two games with Newcastle and Brighton are proof that they've relaxed a little and their standards have dropped a bit. That isn't always easy to just flick the switch and bring that edge and momentum back into your game. 

hace 18 minutos, Mana dijo:

No, it's not a "must win" if Burnley does the job. We are guaranteed CL football. 

Granted, that doesn't mean we should throw the game.

Id still think just win it, get a convincing performance. Dont want to be losing a game prior to another cup final.

Gather momentum and winning breeds confidence. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Justo ahora, Mana dijo:

I'm not saying for us to throwaway the game, of course it'll be great if we win. A draw doesn't hurt either. But I just don't believe we should go "full throttle" when we have nothing to play for on that day (again IF Burnley beat Pool).

Also I'm just throwing it out there, losing a game prior to the final doesn't mean you'll lose the final. Just like winning a game prior to the final doesn't mean you'll win it. Have a look at our last season's FA Cup final.

Aye thats true valid points. Suppose we will see tomorrow.

Klop is through.
Leicester will not find it easy against Spurs but if we don't win things become adventurous.
We must win this and we can.
It's more impotrant than the champions league final against City. It's a strange thing this but it is so.

Wonder what scenario would be better for us: 

- Liverpool lose/draw today, so we can get Villa game easy and even rest some important players.

- Liverpool win today, so we will have one more competitive game this weekend and our players stay sharp while City has been pretty much on Holiday since PSG game.

8 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Wonder what scenario would be better for us: 

- Liverpool lose/draw today, so we can get Villa game easy and even rest some important players.

- Liverpool win today, so we will have one more competitive game this weekend and our players stay sharp while City has been pretty much on Holiday since PSG game.

It's now number 2...

So gotta win win win win

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Oi! That final is even more important! 

Considering our chances are minimal and the potential of going into that match from 5th place, the pressure will be off the charts want to avoid that for sure.