Harry Kane

Supermonkey92

7 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

I actually don’t think the club would have an issue in structuring a deal worth £120m, considering the amount of player sales we are going to generate.

Levy will demand more than that probably around £150m - £200m.

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Levy will demand more than that probably around £150m - £200m.

Who is going to pay that? City have players + cash, but ultimately, do you want someone else's rejects? I mean, Ake has been injury prone all year, Laporte is a good player, but are they after a CB as a priority? Jesus? The guy lost his hunger after a year of pay checks. Unless they offer Sterling to a deal, which I doubt Sterling goes for surely?

What I'm saying is, are there actually that many clubs that will pay for Kane? We may be the only viable cash choice, I don't disagree there would be serious unrest amongst fans, but there already is. What is the alternative for Levy? Let Kane devalue and devalue, sell him next season for 50-60m? 

~edit~ To clarify, I'm not saying that this will come off, I'm saying that what is the alternative that Spurs have if we are the only ones with the cash structure to do it.

Edited by DH1988

9 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Who is going to pay that? City have players + cash, but ultimately, do you want someone else's rejects? I mean, Ake has been injury prone all year, Laporte is a good player, but are they after a CB as a priority? Jesus? The guy lost his hunger after a year of pay checks. Unless they offer Sterling to a deal, which I doubt Sterling goes for surely?

What I'm saying is, are there actually that many clubs that will pay for Kane? We may be the only viable cash choice, I don't disagree there would be serious unrest amongst fans, but there already is. What is the alternative for Levy? Let Kane devalue and devalue, sell him next season for 50-60m? 

~edit~ To clarify, I'm not saying that this will come off, I'm saying that what is the alternative that Spurs have if we are the only ones with the cash structure to do it.

City maybe, Levy doesn't want to sell Kane anyway.

24 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

A question ... what happens when a club does a cash + player swap but the player doesnt want to go to that club?

Life for example city offer cash + laporte to spurs but laporte doesnt want to go to spurs ...

Then it won't happen. Or City will need to pay extra cash up for Laporte not going. 

Also City getting rid of Laporte would be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Even for Kane. Stones has been rejuvenated but he is still vastly inferior to Laporte.

Edited by OneMoSalah

24 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Then it won't happen. Or City will need to pay extra cash up for Laporte not going. 

Also City getting rid of Laporte would be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Even for Kane. Stones has been rejuvenated but he is still vastly inferior to Laporte.

They are desperate to win cl, and Kane will get them over the line. 

Both teams in the cl final had false 9, but that false 9 will get destroyed with a top striker like Kane.

Short term false 9 helped us, but i don't want us to go that route. Can't ever replace a top striker in a team. 

Edited by Fernando

hace 14 minutos, Fernando dijo:

Both teams in the cl final had false 9, but that false 9 will get destroyed with a top striker like Kane.

Short term false 9 helped us, but i don't want us to go that route. Can't ever replace a top striker in a team. 

I dont think Kane will get them over the line. I really don’t. You need more than one player. Its a team thing.

Plus, for me, Pep will never get it over the line with City or any other club because he will do what he did against us. He will always have that inclination to do something bold. I don’t know why but he just has this in him.

This is why he failed at Bayern in Europe. Too much inclination to tempt fate and try be too smart. Sometimes they were deservedly beat but sometimes he was a huge contributor towards it

Edited by OneMoSalah

46 minutes ago, Fernando said:

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

City won the Premier League, League Cup and got to the Champions League final basically without a striker. They didn't lose the final because of the lack of a #9 but because Guardiola went and complicated his approach for the game. Liverpool also won the Champions League and Premier League without a recognized #9 in Firmino. Of course, you need the others to score their fair share of goals (like Salah and Mane at Liverpool) but City and Liverpool have shown it can be done. And not to mention, Tuchel seems to like the front 3 being very fluid with their movement and like them to be interchangeable. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

City are not winning the CL with Pep. 

I think they will really struggle now. This year was the perfect opportunity for them to win. Next year will see Byern, Madrid, Liverpool, Ourselves all come back stronger. 

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

I think they will really struggle now. This year was the perfect opportunity for them to win. Next year will see Byern, Madrid, Liverpool, Ourselves all come back stronger. 

We've also showed the whole world how to successfully beat them. 

hace 2 horas, MoroccanBlue dijo:

We've also showed the whole world how to successfully beat them. 

I still think if they'd beaten us in either of the two games we had played prior to the final it would of been a different game all together. One off games are weird to analyse maybe from outside of the performance point of view but I felt mentally, we had their number from the two big wins v them prior when nobody’s gave us a chance as well as the emotion and mental element for them in their first final perhaps being an issue/overwhelming them. 

Something I think that has hardly been mentioned is also it was Agueros last ever game for City and for guys like Kevin de Bruyne, Fernandinho, Kyle Walker, Gundogan, Mahrez, this may have been their best/one or their last chances to win a CL. It is that sort of nature where you might get to a final one year and then never again or it might take another 5-10 years depending on how lucky you are. Or less if your ever luckier. It just depends. 

I feel they just wanted it far too much after seeing Pep’s line up which, I just get the feeling the outside factors affected Pep’s thinking for the starting 11 as well as the obvious talk of City winning it in the build up maybe put extra pressure on or gave them extra confidence. Plus Pep’s had the pressure on him to win a CL outside of Barca since being at Bayern. Everyone knows he’s great and hes got all the leagues, the cups, the domestic records etc but hasn’t won a CL in 10 years at two very good teams whilst others have or have gone further with less resources/time. Maybe these things didn’t contribute as much or maybe they did more but I feel they cannot be discounted in any regard. 

And performance wise, I dont think its as if we did something that wasn’t obvious prior to these games beforehand or the final itself. City play a high line and have always done so with Pep, going back to under Conte when we beat them 3-1 at the Etihad and also I think Leicester stuck it on them also that season, maybe twice? We played the perfect game in the first half really but we didn’t reinvent the wheel by any stretch of the imagination and on reflection the only thing that didn’t make it a near perfect performance was the lack of a killer goal to relieve the pressure on us in the second half. Don't get me wrong there will be other teams who try this approach and fail, but there will be other teams who have the same sort of joy as there has been in the past just not in games of the same magnitude.

I just don’t think Pep will get into a final in the next 5 seasons although again I doubt he will remain at City past maybe the end of the next season. I have this feeling he’s got some sort of mental block/problem since 2012 ironically enough. Every time since then, when they go out people seem to question his tactics or approach the majority of the time. He said after we beat Barca over those two legs and went through back then he would analyse his approach and make amendments if necessary or something along those lines after people were questioning how can a team that played that well, with that much of the ball, that many attempts not go through. I seen the highlights v Lyon last season IIRC and Monaco also a few years ago and also thought the same, I mean is he just overthinking things too much? Plus as good as City or Bayern are/were with him, they will never be at the level of that Barcelona team. Nobody will ever ever be in modern football unfortunately.

20 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

City fans think Jesus and 30m would be enough 😂

More like 100m plus Jesus.

They also think they should sign Kante, Grealish and new full backs and want Rodri, Cancelo, Gundogan out wtf 😂

No surprise, the are used to buy buy buy, so now they demand this and that. Kante you say? What an absolute joke, what in their minds has convinced them they can get Kante? Thats straight up out of this reality.

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont think Kane will get them over the line. I really don’t. You need more than one player. Its a team thing.

Plus, for me, Pep will never get it over the line with City or any other club because he will do what he did against us. He will always have that inclination to do something bold. I don’t know why but he just has this in him.

This is why he failed at Bayern in Europe. Too much inclination to tempt fate and try be too smart. Sometimes they were deservedly beat but sometimes he was a huge contributor towards it

Nahh to me Pep was scared, he tried everything in 3 games to sus us out, DM or no DM, 2 DM's or all attackers etc, he failed. This was not Pep going crazy he is scared of us and so far do not know how to counter our way of playing hence he keeps trying but to no avail. He also said before the final that you cant get close to Chelsea, they will destroy you.

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You