Sergio Aguero

milka

Interesting 

Not like Chelsea to sign a South American striker they were interested in before but only when they become old and even more injury-prone.

Pato, Falcao, and Higuain come to mind.

This guy King is very reliable. And I am fine with this. For free, 2 years contract. Basically only thing that can stop Kun from being success here are injuries. 

But we should all be optimistic about that.

29 minutes ago, milka said:

Interesting 

Not like Chelsea to sign a South American striker they were interested in before but only when they become old and even more injury-prone.

Pato, Falcao, and Higuain come to mind.

So what? If we sign Aguero, does that mean we're giving up on Haaland already? 

2 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

This is just Aguero agent doing his job calm down. 

Yup. I highly doubt Agüero wants to come here. He has often said how he hates England and the weather. For sure he will go to Spain. 

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yup. I highly doubt Agüero wants to come here. He has often said how he hates England and the weather. For sure he will go to Spain. 

Still he has been there for 10 years.. Couldn’t hate that much.

Reports he could join us are based on his desire to stay in England. Whatever, we’ll see. I wouldn’t mind it if we signed him up.

On 02/04/2021 at 03:05, NikkiCFC said:

This guy King is very reliable. And I am fine with this. For free, 2 years contract. Basically only thing that can stop Kun from being success here are injuries. 

But we should all be optimistic about that.

Please not another 30+ striker. Makes a big difference to the press having Aguero/Giroud and a younger, agile striker. Just bring in someone in their prime - If not Haaland then someone else in the prime age bracket

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Please not another 30+ striker. Makes a big difference to the press having Aguero/Giroud and a younger, agile striker. Just bring in someone in their prime - If not Haaland then someone else in the prime age bracket

Agüero and Giroud are hardly comparable. Agüero is still pretty fast and agile. He is the same age as Lewandowski and you do not complain about him physically declining. If we can get Agüero fit again and have him stay healthy he has one more 20+ PL goals season in him. Pep has treated him cirminally. He is still streets ahead of GAbriel Jesus. I do not think he will come here but if there is a chance we should go for him, definitely.

Aguero is basically how Werner is supposed to play his role at Chelsea. Aguero is fast, can score goals, has world class technical abilities and is very good at passing. I would still take him at Chelsea. 

If we get Lukaku/Haaland, they both would do well with Aguero

He seems like the kinda guy who will go to Spain and live the easy life in the sun for the remainder of his top level years.

Saying that, if the other big targets aren’t possible I’d take Aguero on a 2 year deal or something like that. 

Linked with Leeds :D

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportslens.com/leeds-united-linked-with-ambitious-move-for-sergio-aguero/345908/amp/

Lingard driving West Ham to Champions League, Drinkwater aims to play for Chelsea again, Aguero is linked with Leeds.. I don’t want to live on this planet anymore

According to Argentinian media we are close.

https://www.tycsports.com/premier-league/sergio-agueero-Chelsea-premier-league-id333742.html

Unless we change formation it will be something like this.

Havertz(Aguero)

Pulisic(Werner)  Mount(Ziyech)

If we get him in, its a huge signing especially for a free transfer.

I mean look at Cavani at United this season as an example. And considering Aguero is also younger and a better player probably at current when he is fit and firing. 

His injury record as we’ve mentioned before is also hugely exaggerated.

For 1 season, 18 months, 2 seasons, he would  be better than hanging our coat on the ever decreasing chance we might get Haaland or on the chance Timo Werner or Kai Havertz are going to score those sort of goals we need next season. Yes I would hope their goal returns improve but we need a striker who can get 15-20 goals a season also on top of players who can contribute 10+ goals from other positions such as Werner, Mount and Havertz.

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we get him in, its a huge signing especially for a free transfer.

I mean look at Cavani at United this season as an example. And considering Aguero is also younger and a better player probably at current when he is fit and firing. 

His injury record as we’ve mentioned before is also hugely exaggerated.

For 1 season, 18 months, 2 seasons, he would  be better than hanging our coat on the ever decreasing chance we might get Haaland or on the chance Timo Werner or Kai Havertz are going to score those sort of goals we need next season. Yes I would hope their goal returns improve but we need a striker who can get 15-20 goals a season also on top of players who can contribute 10+ goals from other positions such as Werner, Mount and Havertz.

I agree. Strikers his age or older are still performing at very good level in every top league. Benzema, Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo, Cavani, Ibra, Lewa. If we can  keep him fit and get one great season out of him it could make us title contenders. Reminds me of how ManUre signed RvP. Admittedly they signed him on the top of his game and maybe I am stuck in 2014 still thinking he is the best striker in the premier league. Obviously I'd rahte rhave signed him 10 years ago. But looking only at this season who has really stood out striker wise in PL? In the goalscoring charts no one has hit 20 goals yet and most guys up there have had like 10 pens. Only calvert lewin has a decent record of non-pen goals this season. Unlike some fantasy signings like Haaland, Agüero knows the league. Also he is maybe the best striker at creating goals on his own and scoring from half chances in big games the league has seen in the past few seasons. His fitness is obviously crucial and I have not seen him for weeks so no insight on this but I refuse to believe he has suddenly regressed this much that we should not be all over this. He complements our style of play well trying to move the ball swiftly on the ground. He reads space well and can pass. He also is not afraid to take a shot on from not-optimal positions. Pep has forcefully kept him small for 2 years now in order to push his crown prince Gabriel who is not even fit to tie Agüero's laces. But in CL Pep has paid the price for it and might well do so again in PL next season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You