Sergio Aguero

milka

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's up to our recruitment team to find someone. There's always someone suitable out there especially for system based set ups like ours.

I know it's a different position but if someone last year suggested Wesley Forfana as the big CB option the two reactions from people would have been "who" or "lol" and look at him now. As nice as it's been to have Silva here the former would have been an excellent addition in hindsight..

Sorry, my memory isn't working now. When was the last time we made an unknown signing that turned out to be successful? 

8 minutes ago, Jas said:

Sorry, my memory isn't working now. When was the last time we made an unknown signing that turned out to be successful? 

Last summer (Edou).

1 minute ago, Jas said:

Fair. But what about outfield player?

Azpi, Ivanovic, Ramires (relatively unknown). 

Alonso say what you want was big success here.

Edited by NikkiCFC

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Fair. But what about outfield player?

A while ago but the point is, if we knuckled down and accesed out options and properly scouted players we will almost certainly find a good fit somewhere, Klopp basically built his great team using that method.

Furthermore I have got a lot of faith Kai can make that role his own so I'm not half as desperate for a marquee striker as others. 

Edited by Tomo

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Azpi, Ivanovic, Ramires (relatively unknown). 

All fair.

But that's a few from like almost a decade. Can the club suddenly pull one out of the hat this summer?

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Alonso say what you want was big success here.

Wouldn't consider Alonso to be an unknown considering he had played for Bolton and Sunderland before we bought him from Fiorentina.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

A while ago but the point is, if we knuckled down and accesed out options and properly scouted players we will almost certainly find a good fit somewhere, Klopp basically built his great team using that method.

Furthermore I have got a lot of faith Kai can make that role his own so I'm not half as desperate for a marquee striker as others. 

all you need do to see how a WC striker can lift a mediocre team is Kane

they would have likely drawn nil nil today without him against against a shit Wolves team

they would have never been in top 4 mix (likely not even top 7) for ages without him, certainly would not have made it to the CL final

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

all you need do to see how a WC striker can lift a mediocre team is Kane

they would have likely drawn nil nil today without him against against a shit Wolves team

they would have never been in top 4 mix (likely not even top 7) for ages without him, certainly would not have made it to the CL final

That is true but think there are different ways to build a team. You can build it around one player like Spurs have done with Kane or you can build a more all-rounded team. I know which one I prefer. 

7 minutes ago, Jas said:

That is true but think there are different ways to build a team. You can build it around one player like Spurs have done with Kane or you can build a more all-rounded team. I know which one I prefer. 

we need a ruthless CF

we are fucked without one

if we had a CF who simply converted only one third to one half (not even talking about a Kane level of snipering) of our CF's insane amount of blown chances/sitters, we would be comfortably 2nd

in the CL final, with a better chance to win

and would have won the FA cup

Edited by Vesper

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we need a ruthless CF

we are fucked without one

if we had a CF who simply converted only one third to one half (not even talking about a Kane level of snipering) of our CF's insane amount of blown chances/sitters, we would be comfortably 2nd

in the CL final, with a better chance to win

and would have won the FA cup

We wouldn't have won the FA Cup because our whole attack malfunctioned. None of the front 3 turned up and then we had Alonso and Azpi as the wingbacks. We didn't even create any chance of note.

9 minutes ago, Jas said:

We wouldn't have won the FA Cup because our whole attack malfunctioned. None of the front 3 turned up and then we had Alonso and Azpi as the wingbacks. We didn't even create any chance of note.

WC striker changes all that

6 minutes ago, Jas said:

lol Having one isn’t suddenly going to turn Alonso and Azpi into WC wingbacks…

the entire team structure, AND the opponent's structure is going to be changed with the addition of a super scorer

it is like adding Kevin Durant to Golden State

he forced the other teams to completely change their defence

and they became best basketball team in world for a spell

or Dan Carter in rugby for the All Blacks

Edited by Vesper

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You