• Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

15 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Giroud was six meters offside but by the time the ball got to him the Atletico defenders covered him - that's why the goal counted.

Of course not. That's not how offside works. The key moment for offside decisions is the positions of the players at the moment the ball was last touched by a teammate. The goal stood because that last touch came from an Atleti player, not Mason Mount. The last time a Chelsea player (Mount) touched, Giroud was onside. Had Mason got a touch in that challenge the goal would have been ruled out.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

13 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

He was offiside but the Atletico defense ran back so he was covered in the end.

no, Hermoso on purpose kicked the ball backward

if he had not done it on purpose, then offside

Edited by Vesper

Just now, Vesper said:

lol, Tuchel has rehabilitated so many players I thought were shit for us

so I have no clue what we do selling wise

Chilwell is an issue atm, I so hope he doesn't go mental and demand to be sold

surely he must see the bigger long term picture

Under Tuchel in 8 games just 2 goals conceded and one was Rudiger own goal and the other one was Zouma mistake when he should never play that position. Tuchel knows this now and he was saving Chris for Atletico because Silva was out. So defence is sorted. 

Jorginho and Kovacic control the games very well. 

Still not happy with offensive part. 

Now it was Olie brilliance and when I saw lineup I thought this is the only way we could score. 

Last game it was penalty just like against Spurs. Against Burnley it was defenders and we didn't score against Wolves. We had another pen against Sheffield United and Werner goal against Newcastle was after corner. 

Very little from real offensive play. 

But I hope this will improve soon once Havertz, Ziyech and Pulisic start playing at expected level. 

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chilwell is an issue atm, I so hope he doesn't go mental and demand to be sold

surely he must see the bigger long term picture

TBH, thought chilwell was in a bad patch even before the whole Tuchel and formation change.

We are not even playing wingbacks, but left and right midfielders. Alonso and Odoi/James always roam and start from the midfield line, which IMO is key for this system to work and not become too defensive. Chilwell can prob play on the left, but I can definitely see why Alonso has been selected for now.

2 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Tragic really that Lampard destroyed so much of our season. We could be challenging for the title if we had had a proper coach like Tuchel from the beginning. Sad really. Tuchel NOW has to clean the mess the fraud left.

fraud is too harsh, he just was not ready to lead a monster club

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

TBH, thought chilwell was in a bad patch even before the whole Tuchel and formation change.

We are not even playing wingbacks, but left and right midfielders. Alonso and Odoi/James always roam and start from the midfield line, which IMO is key for this system to work and not become too defensive. Chilwell can prob play on the left, but I can definitely see why Alonso has been selected for now.

Chilwell would tear shit up if he was on Manure or Citeh or even back at Leicester (all 3 have LB issues), so than fuck he is not at any of those 3

13 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

But still he didn't play even in the cup game. And Emerson did. From 1st choice he is 3rd now. 

He is Lampard's signing. Maybe Tuchel is using him to basically say: I'm the boss now!