• Kovacic
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Excuses man, lack of pre-season is a golden one I see alot. No no the shit is all wrong, and I for one wouldnt dare put money on us winning vs Villa and City. Both teams will school us.

Pre-season or lack of it is a lame and pathetic one, same for everyone.

I think we will beat Villa, City will destroy us though

"In football it's basics, it's not the tactics or systems, it's do you want to run, do you want to back your team-mate up, do you want to sprint or jog or do you not want to run? And we took that decision rather than the right one."

'For today, Timo wasn't giving us enough with or without the ball. Some of it we have to give him time. I keep saying the same thing because it's a different league but we also have to get there quickly.

'We'll see about the tiredness - I'll have a conversation with him."

What a joke of a manager. 

25 minutes ago, Stats said:

Only because he seems to be Lamps/Chelsea's number one target. But any player who has a bit of physical presence in midfield and can pass would help. Rice, Ndidi... Our midfield is way too lightweight and they have  not yet got the cohesion to play quick, pressing football.

But expecting a 21-year-old to come in and completely transform our midfield is asking a lot. Rice alone is not gonna solve our midfield problems.

And is Lampard even capable of implementing quick, passing, pressing football? He's been here for 18 months and by far the most common football that we play is get the ball out wide to James and then spam high crosses into the box. We aren't even the highest crossing team in the league and yet, our football is so predictable. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

But expecting a 21-year-old to come in and completely transform our midfield is asking a lot. Rice alone is not gonna solve our midfield problems.

And is Lampard even capable of implementing quick, passing, pressing football? He's been here for 18 months and by far the most common football that we play is get the ball out wide to James and then spam high crosses into the box. We aren't even the highest crossing team in the league and yet, our football is so predictable. 

Might not solve it alone but issue is we get completely bullied sometimes and at least with Rice he offers that physical protection. Some of our midfield, it is too easy to knock them off the ball. And I think when we have not implemented that style of quick, pressing football then you need some form of physicality to help. United for instance are above us with a game in hand, but what I think helps them even when they are playing shit is that they don't necessarily get rolled over because they outmuscle opponents physically. The players we have in midfield are very lightweight and players who would look well in a Guardiola team but they aren't able to perform the quick, pressing way for us.

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Pre-season or lack of it is a lame and pathetic one, same for everyone.

I think we will beat Villa, City will destroy us though

Only way we will beat Villa if we turn up good for 90min and even then its gonna be cross after cross and hope one finds the net. Thats not a solid foundation.

We currently need a creative mastermind for our midfield in case Ziyech is injured. Lampard clearly does not rate Billy, Bate and Anjorin. Aouar would be the solution,but he might go to Arsenal. Aouar is a different level than Mount

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

We currently need a creative mastermind for our midfield in case Ziyech is injured. Lampard clearly does not rate Billy, Bate and Anjorin. Aouar would be the solution,but he might go to Arsenal. Aouar is a different level than Mount

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

According to Ornstein Aouar isn't high on Arsenal's list anymore, they might go after Brandt instead.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Our recent record against Arsenal is actually shocking. The days of us slapping them is officially over. Thanks Lampard and Sarri.

You forgot Conte. 1 win in 8 games against Wenger.

Sarri at least won 2 of the 3 games against Arsenal, including that 4-1 spanking in Baku.

Maybe it's easy to say this on hindsight but Lampard starting with both James and Chilwell did not turn out to be such a bright decision, was it? Both could hardly run, were nowhere near their best and James ended up making a stupid challenge for the penalty. Instead of potentially saving them for Villa, we might end up missing both. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bamford said:

What a joke of a manager. 

First, Lampard didn't want to rest Werner at all but is now suddenly thinking about it. :lol:

Second, what games has Lampard been watching all season? "Timo wasn't giving us enough with" - Even on his better days, what does Werner even provide in an attacking sense with the ball? He's not a winger, he's not going beat player 1 v 1, dribble past them etc. What does Lampard really expect him to do apart from him just passing to a teammate? :carlo: 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Maybe it's easy to say this on hindsight but Lampard starting with both James and Chilwell did not turn out to be such a bright decision, was it? Both could hardly run, were nowhere near their best and James ended up making a stupid challenge for the penalty. Instead of potentially saving them for Villa, we might end up missing both. 

I am not sure why force both when your backup is Azpilicueta. 

It is quite simple how to explain our losses, defensively both our fb were not fit. Plus our two winger pretty didn't help them. Arsenal pretty much had a field day on the wing thought they played 343 (I watched the game in patches) but they played basic 4231. Not sure it was fitness issue with puli or Werner but when you are not discipline defensively you need to produce on the other end otherwise **** happened.

Offensively, I think until the end of the season either cho or Ziyech need to play. Both Werner and Pulisic are just super2 direct. 

You folks checked out AFTV? We really really did give them a better gift than they could have hoped for....their gloom utterly vanished in thin air, now they want Arteta to stay, they are so proud of Arsenal suddenly.....bless their souls cuz they still havent figured out they will lose their next match. Sadly for them they cant play us every game.

2 hours ago, communicate said:

It is quite simple how to explain our losses, defensively both our fb were not fit. Plus our two winger pretty didn't help them. Arsenal pretty much had a field day on the wing thought they played 343 (I watched the game in patches) but they played basic 4231. Not sure it was fitness issue with puli or Werner but when you are not discipline defensively you need to produce on the other end otherwise **** happened.

Offensively, I think until the end of the season either cho or Ziyech need to play. Both Werner and Pulisic are just super2 direct. 

Puli was our most dangerous starter, no he wasn't at his best obviously but he at least drove the ball at opponents and put some pressure on Arsenal. Everyone else just crosses and passes back worried about losing possession. When Cho came on you finally had another guy to help at least hold the ball and push forward...Frank is just playing all these guys out of position. Cho is a natural winger and should have easily been given a chance after seeing what Werner has been doing on the flank. Either start Werner in the middle or don't start him at all. If you want him to come on in the second half and run at people then fine, but asking him to be a winger and play most of the game has obviously not worked even before the results of yesterday.. Imagine Puli and Cho on their game on the flanks and Werner making runs in the middle? Frank would never because Tammy or Giroud always have to play so we can whip crosses over and over...