• Kovacic
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Lamps decisions just were really baffling when you think about it. Amount of crosses we put in that second half and he did not bring on Giroud who is great in the air. Just mind boggling.

Is this really what we are now? Just play with a classic #9 and start dumping crosses onto his head? All that money spent and we're playing Burnley-esque football. Why didn't we just hire Big Sam when he was available? 

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Although we have a decent midfield on paper, I think the lack of physicality presence is evident and the need for a physical and technical player such as Declan Rice is clear. When we play the so called better teams who have a combination of technical and physical ability, we come unstuck. Pogba when he came on against us earlier in season was running the show because no one was able to deal with his skill and physicality. Xhaka today, the press was non existent and he looked all of a sudden a good player. I think it is the reason we struggle, especially away from home against any decent opposition. To constantly batter teams without a physical midfield, you need to move the ball quick and press efficiently, similar to how City have done in recent years under Pep, however our pressing style is non-existent.

Rice is a good player but we are truly fucked if we need a 21-year-old to come rescue us. 

10 hours ago, Muzchap said:

He must have lost the dressing room or needs to try and get things across in a different way.

Because it isn't working. We look so poor in all areas.

I've been thinking just that.

The result has hurt me deeply, not just because it was Arse, but because of the lack of desire, lack of ideas, no pressing, playing Reece and Chilly when they weren't  fully fit.

We just sauntered through the game, rudderless, I seriously call our midfield into question theres no passion no desire mind you that can be said about the whole team, we need to bring in at least 2 midfielders the only atm worth his salt is Mount but even he is looking jaded.

I don't rate Jorginho, Kovatic plays 1 good game then 5 or 6 bad one's, Havertz is going to take a long long time to acclimatise, Kante has got to be his usual defensive midfielder not pushing upfront.

This is a team that went 17 unbeaten, that has lost the plot and the manager too.

The annoying thing is after the first 5 minutes when Arsenal kept coming at us you knew how it was going to go. We had no chance at all it was just all them. Thought maybe 2nd half things be a bit better but nope same again!! Definitely took us by surprise and they deserved it

Yes they may lose again but the fact is we were crap and got the result we were deserved. Be nothing to do with turning up for one game blah. We didnt and haven't for a while 

A lot of lip service after the game from CHO, Mount, Lampard etc, it's time to stop all this "we know we can be better" shite and prove it.

That WHU win papered so many cracks and the performance itself was total shite, that's why most predicted we would lose against Arsenal. 

Lampard, Mount, CHO, Reece, Tammy etc, I do not care one jot about calling them out, they need to start fucking proving they care about this club and that goes for them all.

14 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Well, if its any consolation.

Arsenal beat United at Old Trafford a few weeks ago by 3 goals., only for Arsenal to end up 15th in the following weeks and United ending up vying for 2nd place right now. (The same United that lost 6-1 this season at home, and crashed out of CL).

That's why I'm telling folks to put this game (and this shitty December month) behind them.

Sorry BA but I cant just put this fucking game behind me, I felt dishonoured, it was an embarrassment I havent felt for a long time. I dont care about udt ( a team that gets pts handed for free ) and I dont care about Ars who has been on their knees since the season kicked off. Our standards must be higher than this.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

WHAT? Where did you get that from? it was 0-1! Scored with a pen. The only other PL game Arsenal scored three was their opening game against Fulham.

Ars have not been able to buy an open goal for months vs anybody, we handed them 3.

We have two creative players in our first team squad and those two are Billy and Ziyech. One is injured and never played a PL match with Pulisic together and the other one never plays and I hope he gets a loan move.
Our three midfielders are not competent enough to play better passes, so at the end of the day, crossing is the only way this team knows to beat opponents without Ziyech. Even under Mou, we played like that until Cesc came in. We are not prime Barcelona and prime Barcelona had insane midfield players like Xavi, Bus and Iniesta. Compare that with Mount, Kova and Kante [emoji23]. I know some of you might say that Mount will get to Xavi level, but I don't see how he is going to turn into a creative mastermind. You either have the potential or not.

And no, I don't get the comparisons with Liverpool. We are not Liverpool. They have Salah (scored more goals than CR7) and Mane. We don't have them.

And no, I don't care if Lampard is our coach or Sarri. Just the level of midfielders we have is underwhelming and I don't expect more than our current quality without Ziyech.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well to be fair, they only scored one ‘open play’ goal against us but yeah, us handing them 3 was definitely shocking.

I expected us to struggle against Arsenal, but conceding THREE against them, I was shell shocked. 

This result proves Arteta will most likely get one over Lampard as long these two remain coaches.

We got lubricated end of, who the fuck is smithrowe? That dude outplayed Kante ffs, and why scare the players like this huh? Why tell me this is dangerous etc? You fire them up and you tell the players to show them no respect and kill them in first half. Nahh something is wrong here, everything from desire to tactics and so forth.

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Only Chelsea can make people like Smith-Rowe and Rob Fucking Holding look slick.....

Exactly my point...this shit has happened too many times. We just became the laughing stock of football, it was that bad.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

Exactly my point...this shit has happened too many times. We just became the laughing stock of football, it was that bad.

And I keep hearing people say they are tired.....that bullshit as well. Other teams looking miles fitter than us and not only that but there was an article on The mail the other day saying over the Xmas period we are only travelling 20 odd miles whilst other teams are all over the place. The excuses for this team are laughable, people need to look closer to home, it's the attitude of players, lack of desire and coach that stands with his arms folded giving zero direction.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Rice is a good player but we are truly fucked if we need a 21-year-old to come rescue us. 

Only because he seems to be Lamps/Chelsea's number one target. But any player who has a bit of physical presence in midfield and can pass would help. Rice, Ndidi... Our midfield is way too lightweight and they have  not yet got the cohesion to play quick, pressing football.

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

And I keep hearing people say they are tired.....that bullshit as well. Other teams looking miles fitter than us and not only that but there was an article on The mail the other day saying over the Xmas period we are only travelling 20 odd miles whilst other teams are all over the place. The excuses for this team are laughable, people need to look closer to home, it's the attitude of players, lack of desire and coach that stands with his arms folded giving zero direction.

Excuses man, lack of pre-season is a golden one I see alot. No no the shit is all wrong, and I for one wouldnt dare put money on us winning vs Villa and City. Both teams will school us.