• Kovacic
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He also gave the players a lot of credit, but you cant give them 100% credit if you lose 3-1 unless its exceptional

So? That again feels meaningless when the game was already gone by then. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

that feels like a throwaway comment in the wider context of what he said.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

That again feels meaningless

Exactly its only  'feelings'. We all feel aggrieved, but kneejerk *insert manager here* out, isnt necessarily that constructive as Abramovich has discovered

12 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Short term turnaround could be achieved simply by having Ziyech return. His range of passing covers up for several deficiencies in Lampard's team.

You’ve posted this a few times so I’d like to ask you this... 

Is a manager that dependent on one player, a good manager? Especially when he’s at a club filled with talent and just recently spent 200 million? 

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Exactly its only  'feelings'. We all feel aggrieved, but kneejerk *insert manager here* out, isnt necessarily that constructive as Abramovich has discovered

Kneejerk? It's most definitely not kneejerk when you see all the issues we have had under Lampard. Sure, we have had some good runs but games like today just reinforce those issues and issues that Lampard shows no sign of fixing. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You’ve posted this a few times so I’d like to ask you this... 

Is a manager that dependent on one player, a good manager? Especially when he’s at a club filled with talent and just recently spent 200 million? 

No, it won't make him a good manager.

Also, my comment about Ziyech was not meant to defend Lampard.

Jason had asked about what we could change to turn things for the better. I just remarked that Ziyech coming in could result in a turnaround. 

To me, Ziyech returning is not even that important, because the biggest problem in my IMO, is our complete lack of intensity & coordination in pressing. That's one of the things that Lampard is at fault for.

6 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

the biggest problem in my IMO, is our complete lack of intensity & coordination in pressing.

Its weird some games its there big time, but then its like they forget it for some matches. Today, the standing back was Sunday on Hackney marshes

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Its weird some games its there big time, but then its like they forget it for some matches. Today, the standing back was Sunday on Hackney marshes

Yep, can't put my finger on it. Lampard keeps bringing it up when it fails, just like he did today.

At this point, you have to ask why he's letting that happen in so many games.

Its not just 1-2 players either, its the whole team. That is one area he needs to shore up fast. 

4 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Cross, cross, cross.

Why do we always take the L from teams in bad form... cry...

Poor management. 

It is not rocket surgery. 

Amazing how little offensive ingenuity Lampard shows with his tactics and formations and where he puts players.

5 hours ago, Jap Si. said:

what is Boxing Day mean ?

In Britain, it was a custom for tradesmen to collect "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year.[11] This is mentioned in Samuel Pepys' diary entry for 19 December 1663.[12] This custom is linked to an older British tradition where the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families since they would have to serve their masters on Christmas Day. The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts, bonuses, and sometimes leftover food. Until the late 20th century there continued to be a tradition among many in the UK to give a Christmas gift, usually cash, to vendors although not on Boxing Day as many would not work on that day.

Lamps decisions just were really baffling when you think about it. Amount of crosses we put in that second half and he did not bring on Giroud who is great in the air. Just mind boggling. Although we have a decent midfield on paper, I think the lack of physicality presence is evident and the need for a physical and technical player such as Declan Rice is clear. When we play the so called better teams who have a combination of technical and physical ability, we come unstuck. Pogba when he came on against us earlier in season was running the show because no one was able to deal with his skill and physicality. Xhaka today, the press was non existent and he looked all of a sudden a good player. I think it is the reason we struggle, especially away from home against any decent opposition. To constantly batter teams without a physical midfield, you need to move the ball quick and press efficiently, similar to how City have done in recent years under Pep, however our pressing style is non-existent.

Happy we have a quickfire game coming round, albeit preferred it to have been Tuesday or Wednesday, however a whole week without football would have been too frustrating to bare. Hopefully we beat Villa and make some kind of amendment for yesterday's shocker.