• Kovacic
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

18 minutes ago, Blues11 said:

Puli was our most dangerous starter, no he wasn't at his best obviously but he at least drove the ball at opponents and put some pressure on Arsenal. Everyone else just crosses and passes back worried about losing possession. When Cho came on you finally had another guy to help at least hold the ball and push forward...Frank is just playing all these guys out of position. Cho is a natural winger and should have easily been given a chance after seeing what Werner has been doing on the flank. Either start Werner in the middle or don't start him at all. If you want him to come on in the second half and run at people then fine, but asking him to be a winger and play most of the game has obviously not worked even before the results of yesterday.. Imagine Puli and Cho on their game on the flanks and Werner making runs in the middle? Frank would never because Tammy or Giroud always have to play so we can whip crosses over and over...

Being the most dangerous in that 1st half was useless, almost everyone was awful. Pulisic is very2 good, but in just 5 minutes CHO showed that he is a better rw than puli. 

With timo as st, I think I had this conversation many times.  The question is what do you want him to do? 

7 hours ago, Mana said:

WHAT? Where did you get that from? it was 0-1! Scored with a pen. The only other PL game Arsenal scored three was their opening game against Fulham.

Yes, I got the scoreline wrong.

But my point was that they lost. Everyone was praising Arteta ball at the time, and threw Ole under the bus. It took just 3 weeks for people to realize that the result meant nothing in the grand scheme.

3 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Yes, I got the scoreline wrong.

But my point was that they lost. Everyone was praising Arteta ball at the time, and threw Ole under the bus. It took just 3 weeks for people to realize that the result meant nothing in the grand scheme.

Sorry mate but cant compare udt to us....its not level playing field as we keep seeing game after game. If it was level playing field then udt would at least be 10pts worse off.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

Sorry mate but cant compare udt to us....its not level playing field as we keep seeing game after game. If it was level playing field then udt would at least be 10pts worse off.

Not sure I follow,. What part of Chelsea/United is not on a level playing field? You mean squad strength?

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

Not sure I follow,. What part of Chelsea/United is not on a level playing field? You mean squad strength?

No I mean all the bs favours they are getting game in game out. I would say though that on paper our squad is better.

3 hours ago, communicate said:

It is quite simple how to explain our losses, defensively both our fb were not fit. Plus our two winger pretty didn't help them. Arsenal pretty much had a field day on the wing thought they played 343 (I watched the game in patches) but they played basic 4231. Not sure it was fitness issue with puli or Werner but when you are not discipline defensively you need to produce on the other end otherwise **** happened.

Offensively, I think until the end of the season either cho or Ziyech need to play. Both Werner and Pulisic are just super2 direct. 

What does this say about Lampard then? He knew what he had going into the summer and he bought his own players to add to the squad but is now struggling to fit them in and how to use them. We're in December and we're talking about Werner being used out wide like a winger while god knows where Havertz fits into all of this.

Also, people can talk till the cows come home about needing Ziyech, Pulisic bla bla bla but at the end of the day, our football is still bloody predictable. Having Ziyech back would just mean another outlet for us spamming crosses into the box. Nothing new. And FML if we spent all that money only to remain a one man team and with a Sam Allardyce-esque football. 

Just now, Atomiswave said:

No I mean all the bs favours they are getting game in game out. I would say though that on paper our squad is better.

Ah okay. 

Even if you think United are getting favorable decisions from VAR, the stats this season are not as skewed as they were last season, and certainly not to a degree where it influenced all their games since Arsenal.

Also forget United, what about Everton who beat us when they were lying in 10th place?

6 hours ago, Jason said:

What does this say about Lampard then? He knew what he had going into the summer and he bought his own players to add to the squad but is now struggling to fit them in and how to use them. We're in December and we're talking about Werner being used out wide like a winger while god knows where Havertz fits into all of this.

Also, people can talk till the cows come home about needing Ziyech, Pulisic bla bla bla but at the end of the day, our football is still bloody predictable. Having Ziyech back would just mean another outlet for us spamming crosses into the box. Nothing new. And FML if we spent all that money only to remain a one man team and with a Sam Allardyce-esque football. 

Our signing has been very good on paper but other than Chilwell who imo is pretty much a plug and play the rest is more of a question mark. I think Lamp thought 4231 was the idea. It didn't work quite well because Havertz struggled and we need kante to cover everyone. 

Spamming cross is not a problem. Pool does that all the time, they just do it with far more intensity. Offensively our problem is more on puli + werner. Against wolves, I said we were Pulisic fc against Arsenal we were no one fc. Both of our flank were useless offensively and defensively. We made arsenal looks good because we didn't attack and defend properly, it was a joke. 

Once CHO came in, I thought we look far better offensively. Now both flanks work offensively. Pulisic is far better on the left. oOn the right side I said last year I love willian, mount and james combination on the right. It was the same with cho. He is not as direct as puli and he hold the ball better. it works very2 well.

8 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Just another piss poor of a performance where we were too predictable and 1 dimensional.

Yeah well my point is that the formerly 10th place Everton is now sitting in 2nd place.

Its not just United who had upswing in form and table position.

Granted we should be more stable than those teams., but at this stage of the season you can't call anything.

4 hours ago, communicate said:

Spamming cross is not a problem. Pool does that all the time, they just do it with far more intensity.

Oh it is a problem when all we do is give the ball to James to spam crosses onto the head of the Abraham or Giroud. There is very little to no variation with the kind of crosses we put in - we have even put high crosses into the box for Werner, Pulisic etc to win in the air FFS! - and we only do it from the right side. 

4 hours ago, communicate said:

Spamming cross is not a problem. Pool does that all the time, they just do it with far more intensity. Offensively our problem is more on puli + werner. Against wolves, I said we were Pulisic fc against Arsenal we were no one fc. Both of our flank were useless offensively and defensively. We made arsenal looks good because we didn't attack and defend properly, it was a joke.

Crossing to Firmino is one of the plays Liverpool try. They also look to cut back to the midfield from crossing positions and try to play through the middle.

With Chelsea its side to side and cross. No variation

Whats been more apparent for me this weekend watching the top teams and to a certain extent Wolves, is just how good they are in tight areas at playing quick fire, rapid football, retaining possession and then driving at teams.

Instinctive finishing as well was another thing. Mane's finish against WBA....Chest finish bang, Maupay snap shot bang......It's rare I see us do it but with added quality.

I'm not sure what they done in training apart from laugh and take the piss out of each other....oh and flick peoples ears