• Mount
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Ziyech
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Giroud has to start. Would like to see Ziyech and Pulisic on the wings, Werner needs a break in my opinion. Havertz, Mount and Kante in midfield please. 

Giroud might not be able to keep up to the pace of the game and counter attack can do the trick.

27 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Giroud has to start. Would like to see Ziyech and Pulisic on the wings, Werner needs a break in my opinion. Havertz, Mount and Kante in midfield please. 

How many breaks do Werner need now? He pretty much got one yesterday and will get one again in midweek. There will also be a free midweek for us in like 2 weeks. This is a game that suits his strengths.

And I'd be wary of starting Pulisic in this game. Just returned from injury and wouldn't risk overplaying him twice in 4 days so quickly, especially when this game will likely be a high pace game. We don't need another hamstring problem!

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

How many breaks do Werner need now? He pretty much got one yesterday and will get one again in midweek. There will also be a free midweek for us in like 2 weeks. This is a game that suits his strengths.

And I'd be wary of starting Pulisic in this game. Just returned from injury and wouldn't risk overplaying him twice in 4 days so quickly, especially when this game will likely be a high pace game. We don't need another hamstring problem!

I thought he still looked a bit slow when he came on yesterday. We have 8 games in 28 days in December so he will get enough game time.

Tend to agree regarding Pulisic, but then again we need him to get back to proper match fitness. His harmstring problems are also not exactly the result of overplaying him, he very likely has bad tendons and/or a bad posture, which leads to his harmstring problems. 

1 minute ago, Beigl said:

I thought he still looked a bit slow when he came on yesterday. We have 8 games in 28 days in December so he will get enough game time.

Well, he didn't need to go at full throttle when we already won the game 4-0, did he? There were only a few minutes left after all.

1 minute ago, Beigl said:

Tend to agree regarding Pulisic, but then again we need him to get back to proper match fitness. His harmstring problems are also not exactly the result of overplaying him, he very likely has bad tendons and/or a bad posture, which leads to his harmstring problems. 

It's about managing the workload on the hamstring, especially after just returning. We have a free game against Krasnodar. He can get back his match fitness in that one. 

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

Think we will have to be ruthless with this one and bench Oli, Leeds will be playing high and leaving space to exploit in behind, this games begging for Werner up top flanked by Pulisic.

Giroud should 100% start a good number of games in December, but not this one.

This all makes sense to me and I would add that Kova is in great form too which makes Saturday's team one of the most difficult selections Frank has faced so far this season.

13 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I thought this too but two points:

- Werner is not on form. 

- Oli makes an excellent pivot. He brings in other players so well, so what you do is have runners around him. I'm thinking Havertz, Mount as runners from deep and CHO (who's off the ball movement has improved massively - credit to the coaching team) as an in line runner means we have enough variation in there. 

Timo can always come off the bench if it doesn't work. 

This also makes sense to me though I would find it very hard to leave Timo out. 

Leeds are the sort of team that would've been a nightmare to play against for the Chelsea of last season. Fast, super athletic, all out attack.

Thank god Kante is back where he belongs and we have a solid defensive setup now. They will be a very difficult side to handle still but hopefully we don't allow them to get at us.

Such a selection dilemma for our attack. So many great options. Werner and Giroud for sure, but you can make a case for any of Pulisic, Ziyech, or CHO for the right side for this match. 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think Kova's current form makes him undropable this weekend. Kai to start on Tuesday maybe?

I was going with logic that Kova started all 4 games after the int. break and Kai just had his first start in this period. Mount also did not start against Sevilla so I expect Kova to miss this one.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Some good games this weekend. 

Spurs should get the result against Arsenal.  But West Ham and Wolves can take something from United and Liverpool. 

I've got a feeling Arsenal might get a result.

Given Spurs' form Arteta will be able to park the Boeing 747 without any shame and we all know how much Mou sides struggle against packed defenses. Plus there's every chance this will be Willian's 1 in 10 if you know what I mean.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:48 PM, Tomo said:

Think we will have to be ruthless with this one and bench Oli, Leeds will be playing high and leaving space to exploit in behind, this games begging for Werner up top flanked by Pulisic.

Giroud should 100% start a good number of games in December, but not this one.

Agree with you., but I'm expecting to see Tammy up top again. Lampard's post game comments about Pulisic tell me that he is likely to going to ease him back into the team slowly. Hopefully Tammy's pace will help with our counter attacks. Werner and him combined beautifully once this season.

1 hour ago, Azul said:

Sevilla play a high line and press at a higher level than Leeds, and look at how Giroud dealt with them. There's literally no reason for him to be on the bench.

To be fair it was Sevilla B. They made 8 changes from their weekend team too

I am curious how Giroud will do in this 4-3-3 with the first choice attackers running around him. Perfect game to start him I think.

Really good that this year (of all years) there are three genuinely good forwards in the squad managing minutes between them. If Oli gets a few starts in this December period, I think he will stay on at least till the end of the season.