Kai Havertz

Blues11

Havertz: “Covid hit me hard. It lasted some four to five weeks before I could even think of getting back on to a football pitch. During the time I was ill, I was quite ill, to be honest. And I wish it upon absolutely no one.” 

Havertz: "Then the aftermath was difficult, too. I really had to work hard to get back to the pre-Covid fitness levels. You have to live with it. I haven't really explored London a lot or as much as I would have liked to.” 

Havertz: "It really is difficult to do any activities. You come home from training and are happy about every hour that you can spend inside your own flat. I do hope that later, London will give me much more joy.” (

• 1 month later...

Hopefully him and Timo get more PL goals this season, ie close to 10 or over 10. More confident in Kai than Timo though. Timo has to hit the ground running. No stupid misses. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Milan said:

Flick apparently said that Havertz has light flu-like symptoms.

@Magic Lamps any possible update? Is it serious or taken seriously considering the current world?

Just a regular cold/infect of the upper airways. He missed the final training yesterday. Don’t expect his availability for us to be affected . 

• 4 weeks later...

Looking back I really liked him last season as AM in 4231. It was just a couple of games very early in the season and I have no idea why it stopped? It looked very promising.

After we signed him everyone expected to see him in this position. 

Sevilla, Krasnodar in CL, Barnsley in Cup and 3 PL games (WBA, Palace, Southampton). In these 6 games he had 4 goals, 2 assists and 1 pen won.

After that Lampard changed to 433 (to accommodate Mount?) and the rest is history. 4231 is not very common formation these days but if you have Kaka, Zidane you play them as solo AM. Kai is this level talent.

Sure he had some good games as false 9 but now in this setup 3421 he really looks lost behind Rom with another AM/winger.

Lets try it I think it could work great. And Pulisic could be in great position to rediscover his form from first season as a winger. That would be amazing.

Edited by NikkiCFC

• 1 month later...

Glad he scored but offered next to nothing else up against the likes of Tarkowski and Mee.

This is the sort of game I think Rom would be better suited if he was fit, where their CBs are more physical and street smart and would be a bit more intimidated against a much more physically abled striker in terms of using his body and rolling CBs etc like Rom can.

Obviously then theres the chance creation arguments again but I still think Tarkowski and Mee probably would of preferred playing v Kai as a false 9 as opposed to Rom as a fixed 9. 

Kai is sort of an enigma at times, he does a few games and looks like he could be a very good player with a bit of fine tuning but then he looks completely ordinary for a few games after. Still young but he has to find a bit more consistency.