Marina Granovskaia appreciation thread

NikkiCFC

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Lets see where all these new transfers take us. Until then...

To be fair, the decisions are not on her. She's the negotiator and she has gotten the deals done at a fair price (maybe marginally high price for Chilwell, Havertz).  But point is she did not muck about with the coach's wishlist and got deals done two weeks before the new season!

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

:lol:

This thread is one dud signing away from becoming 'Marina Granovskaia Bashing Thread'...

No one has received more stick on this forum than her and real vile stuff as well mainly because she's a woman in a man's world. People are under the ridiculous misapprehension that she chooses who to buy and then give her untold grief when buys go wrong. Anyone wanting to know how a football club works watch Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix chief executives (or similar role) negotiate the contracts and wages and nothing else. I had a look on the Shed End and they have a similar thread going coincidence ?

54 minutes ago, Strike said:

To be fair, the decisions are not on her. She's the negotiator and she has gotten the deals done at a fair price (maybe marginally high price for Chilwell, Havertz).  But point is she did not muck about with the coach's wishlist and got deals done two weeks before the new season!

Who are we going to blame then if Kai, Werner etc flop like Morata?

Who is then actualy responsible? And dont say Lamps because if he makes these decisions, blame is on the one who authorised him to do so. 

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Who are we going to blame then if Kai, Werner etc flop like Morata?

Who is then actualy responsible? And dont say Lamps because if he makes these decisions, blame is on the one who authorised him to do so. 

The decision makers - Cech, Marina, the coaching team (Frank) and others if there is anyone else involved- share the responsibility. From what I've read Marina is involved in the negotiations. 

Just now, Strike said:

The decision makers - Cech, Marina, the coaching team (Frank) and others if there is anyone else involved- share the responsibility. From what I've read Marina is involved in the negotiations. 

What about prior to Lamps arrival? 

There was Emenalo before, but who was responsible in the time between?

I am not critical based on this summer, but more with history of Marina deals. 

Who made decisions on Drinkwaters, Kepas etc?

39 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Oh for fucks sake mate of course it's down to Lampard he's the manager. If the coach turns up late Marina's fault, if the canteen runs out of chips Marina's fault. She negotiates transfers and contracts nothing else I can't believe your so naive.

Yup because Lamps is here only since 2019 and we were absolutely superb on transfers before right? We also created hell of a team project in the last 10 years 😄

I couldnt give 2 tosses if Marina only job is to negotiate. She is a director of football or whatever we call that and this position DEMANDS knowledge on scouting and players because that is how a project can be successful. If she is only capable to work with numbers and negotiate, she doesnt have the right qualifications and shouldnt be DOF at all. 

Neither should Lamps or any other manager pick these players. Managers come and go and you are then stuck with bunch of Jorginhos who dont fit.

Every club needs a DOF who picks the strategy and follows a long term project. Which manager and players to bring has to tie in so that everything progresses and works. 

No wonder we have been a total clusterfuck in europe and PL (with exclusion of two titles who were definately not a proof we are anywhere near dominanant and improving side because we were crap in europe and the following seasons after winning title), yet you seem to be perfectly content and happy with that.

The entire board should be fired years ago for the KDB and Salah fuckups, not to mention all the garbage we spend the cash and time on. 

So yeah, I will judge Marina to be anywhere near deserving a praise once this season actualy kicks in and Kai, Ziyech, Werner, xyz deliver results.

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yup because Lamps is here only since 2019 and we were absolutely superb on transfers before right? We also created hell of a team project in the last 10 years 😄

I couldnt give 2 tosses if Marina only job is to negotiate. She is a director of football or whatever we call that and this position DEMANDS knowledge on scouting and players because that is how a project can be successful. If she is only capable to work with numbers and negotiate, she doesnt have the right qualifications and shouldnt be DOF at all. 

Neither should Lamps or any other manager pick these players. Managers come and go and you are then stuck with bunch of Jorginhos who dont fit.

Every club needs a DOF who picks the strategy and follows a long term project. Which manager and players to bring has to tie in so that everything progresses and works. 

No wonder we have been a total clusterfuck in europe and PL (with exclusion of two titles who were definately not a proof we are anywhere near dominanant and improving side because we were crap in europe and the following seasons after winning title), yet you seem to be perfectly content and happy with that.

The entire board should be fired years ago for the KDB and Salah fuckups, not to mention all the garbage we spend the cash and time on. 

So yeah, I will judge Marina to be anywhere near deserving a praise once this season actualy kicks in and Kai, Ziyech, Werner, xyz deliver results.

giphy.gif

There has been he consensus that she does not pick our targets just leads the negotiations. If we apply this logic to our sales and extensions, she also does not pick the players to be sold or offered new contracts. She can only be judged by the terms of deals, contracts and negotiation outcomes. So she can be blamed for the fucked up no sale and extension of Alonso, Kepa's and Drinkies wages e.g. So it is a bit weird that we praise her now, when the only spectacular deal this window so far is Ziyech who we signed way under market value and on a decent contract. Werner was release clause, Havertz will go for above market value. I still think she excels most in sales. The real cock up was obviously Willian to Barca. on the other hand the Hazard and Schürrle sales were out of this world.

I honestly think the involvement of Lampard and Petr in the transfers is what helped us identify quality players and eventally convince them to join us. Those two were not there before and our record was mixed. I always attributed this to the lack of football knowledge on the board.

Overall I would give Marina a 7/10 for deals alone but i make it 8/10 bc of her dignified and professional presence and the good relationships she has established across Europe after we lost a bit of respect on an execute level after Peter Kenyon left.

The difference is we have Petr Cech this year which makes Marina's job easier. He talks to players to convince them coming to Chelsea. Top players know what top players want to hear, what their concerns and ambitions are. We should have appointed someone like him years ago.