Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

21 minutes ago, Valdo said:

Well you can always vent here emoji108.pngGood to hear you're feeling partly better atleast.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

no, I was out of bounds (not with my subjects, but with my delivery)

if some had replied in kind it would have went nuclear shitshow

like I said in the beginning of the self-deleted post, I had fucking snapped, I really had (I mean in real life too, as too much shit was going on at once, I was in the middle of viscous argument with my BIL and one of his fuckstick mates, who I would have hit in the face with a ale bottle if I had not left it upstairs, lolol, I ended up physically throwing both of them out of our townhouse (the little fucker (his friend) used our fucking flat for an attempted major drug exchange, grrrrrrrrrr), and his mate came back with a posse of other goons so they got the coppers called on them, which is only the second time in my life I have had to have police involvement) My BIL is a little (not in size, he is a giant, lolol) posh cunt trying to cosplay gangsta gangsta. He is banned from here now permanently, it has been coming to this for months, if not years.

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we are going to move Jorginho on for Rice that is probably as close to undoing some of the good work of this window in terms of squad building we will get.

Personally I know many wont be thrilled to watch Rice passing it sideways 90% of the time and small teams just letting us have the ball because he isnt progressive enough to play through the lines. Also under pressure he isnt great so imagine him v a City or a Liverpool? Unlike Jorginho. Unlike Kovacic. Even unlike Kante. So if Frank goes to this heralded 433 like City played last season, which many believe with Rice holding, Havertz and Mount more offensive, does that mean those two will have to come a lot lot deeper to get the ball out of our own half into the more forward players? Unlike at City where De Bruyne and Silva where always positioned in half spaces because Rodri and Fernandinho could find them further up and find other players also?

It is definitely part of Rice's game that needs work on but he will ultimately be being brought for his defensive prowess. 

If Kante struggles for fitness like last season, we literally don't have one alternative midfielder with an ounce of defensive awareness and solidity.

Going back to your point however in the second half against West Brom, Kante played in the holding role and I wouldn't view him as the most progressive of players on the ball either. However on a number of occasions in that game (particularly in the second half) Thiago Silva bypassed Kante and was finding Havertz and Mount in space with quite a bit of regularity. And they weren't needing to drop extremely deep to receive either. His mistake aside, I think his comfort on the ball and playing out from the back would potentially help with that 'problem' if Kante or Rice were to play that role.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

no, I was out of bounds (not with my subjects, but with my delivery)

if some had replied in kind it would have went nuclear shitshow

like I said in the beginning of the self-deleted post, I had fucking snapped, I really had (I mean in real life too, as too much shit was going on at once, I was in the middle of viscous argument with my BIL and one of his fuckstick mates, who I would have hit in the face with a ale bottle if I had not left it upstairs, lolol, I ended up physically throwing both of them out of our townhouse (the little fucker (his friend) used our fucking flat for an attempted major drug exchange, grrrrrrrrrr), and his mate came back with a posse of other goons so they got the coppers called on them, which is only the second time in my life I have had to have police involvement) My BIL is a little (not in size, he is a giant, lolol) posh cunt trying to cosplay gangsta gangsta. He is banned from here now permanently, it has been coming to this for months, if not years.

Ive learned to never shit on your own doorstep!

I only properly watched 2 games last season. Everton and Dippers. And I dont understand how we have gone from playing so smooth and so attacking to how we are now.

The only real difference player wise (as our new lads are upgrades) is Billy G.

He worked well with Barkley,Kova and Jorgi

But then it all changed again and went tits up.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Ive learned to never shit on your own doorstep!

I only properly watched 2 games last season. Everton and Dippers. And I dont understand how we have gone from playing so smooth and so attacking to how we are now.

The only real difference player wise (as our new lads are upgrades) is Billy G.

He worked well with Barkley,Kova and Jorgi

But then it all changed again and went tits up.

It really started to go pear shaped when Lamps rammed Kante back into the line-up at RMF in a 3 man MF, plus when Rudiger came back from his abdominal injury (he was has been dogshit ever since, overall)

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It really started to go pear shaped when Lamps rammed Kante back into the line-up at RMF in a 3 man MF, plus when Rudiger came back from his abdominal injury (he was has been dogshit ever since, overall)

Yet he continued to play Rudi even in a 3 man back where even I know he doesnt fit there.

It worries me how FL does seem to make these same mistakes even after continually saying WE must learn from them. 

Im all for giving him time as long as theres improvements.

WH journalists I've seen on Twitter make it sound like the club is absolutely adamant that Rice won't leave. Just think we've left it far too late. If we had been tapping him up and negotiating several weeks ago it could've been possible. 

If RLC follows Barkley out on loan perhaps we'll look elsewhere for another midfielder. Or maybe we bring nobody at all and just hope Billy is ready when he's healthy to play big time minutes.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ruben or Ross plus Rudiger and 30m for Rice. Would be a decent deal in all and all. Still dont think Rice is or ever will be a 80m player but hey ho. 

Ross is gone and i doubt either Ruben or Rüdiger are very hyped about playing for West Ham... 

Maybe the club will somehow manage to pull off this deal by the end of the transfer window but it is almost bewildering that we do not seem to have a Plan B or an alternative option for the defensive midfielder position. If we end up not getting Rice, then what? Are we just gonna be happy with a half decent-half arsed midfield for another season again? Seems daft that we are seemingly putting all eggs into the Rice basket. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Maybe the club will somehow manage to pull off this deal by the end of the transfer window but it is almost bewildering that we do not seem to have a Plan B or an alternative option for the defensive midfielder position. If we end up not getting Rice, then what? Are we just gonna be happy with a half decent-half arsed midfield for another season again? Seems daft that we are seemingly putting all eggs into the Rice basket. 

I imagine the club have irons in the fire, Rice does seem first choice but it seems to me that there is an acknowledgement that DMF is needed. Further, the club are pretty good at keeping their cards close to their chest on certain deals. Ziyech, Sarr and Werner both went under the rader until done. My money is on one more signing as a minimum. 

Just now, King Kante said:

I imagine the club have irons in the fire, Rice does seem first choice but it seems to me that there is an acknowledgement that DMF is needed. Further, the club are pretty good at keeping their cards close to their chest on certain deals. Ziyech, Sarr and Werner both went under the rader until done. My money is on one more signing as a minimum. 

Maybe. But judging by the persistent rumors, you would think that Rice is the only defensive midfielder available in the world. It's clear that we have issues in midfield and yet despite having done well to sort out the issues at the back and in attack with new signings, we're leaving the midfield remain problematic. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You