Mikel John Obi

Badboy

AGAIN I SAY, If Mikel is as shit as Kojo claims to be, why hasn't he been sold yet? He's been with us for an eternity now, and every manager he's been under give him decent to many minutes.

Maybe nobody wants to pay Chelsea's asking price for Mikel?

He'll never be world-class but he's a useful player.

I just love how the fact that when the game changes, Mikel gets all the credit.

I remember last season, Lampard was taken off and i think it was Meireles or Anelka who was or even where put on in the midfield, and they hardly got any credit for changing the game, when that happened we dominated united and should of came back with 4 goals. That was when Torres missed the open goal, and a lot of other chances, but he still played very well that game, more lively than he has ever looked infact.

I actually liked Mikel last season, in AVB system the first set of games he was looking really good. But then once again he dissapointed, even though it was his time to flourish he still couldn't. Untill he starts putting in good games on a consistent basis then i will say i was wrong, but untill then i never see that happening. Infact if anything I've proven just everyone wrong at the end of last season. Everyone said i was an idiot, everyone said how stupid i was, i was the only one who was actually against Mikel being our starter, and now a lot of people agree with what i said, i bet some of them where the ones who even called me an idiot then.

Totally , I still remember our first game away at Stoke last season . ESPN did a icon analysis of Mikel about his positioning and inability to read the game . I didn't agreed with them at first, In fact I thought they were biased and racist . But then gradually i started to understand they were not biased or anything . They were truly right . He's just not good enough.

And I just don't understand why a great amount of Chelsea fan credits him for our Champions Leauge Triumph . If i'm not wrong Meireles was far better than Mikel , Pity he couldn't play the final . I miss him :wub:

I've never seeing a game where Mikel has done anything by him. He's been decent in the games where we are either dominating or defending for our life .

He's an average player , highly overrated . Well i know my opinion doesn't matter nor I've the credibility but i know majority of us has played or still play Football manager lol ? Well nobody bought him there . THIS IS HOW SHIT HE IS (:

gonna go with arsenal!

arsenal (with wilshere/cazorla/arteta) i think mikel would be better for them than arteta in that midfield(their usual)

on topic: i have bigger worries than mikel's role for our team, he fits in nicely with our more attacking players and im not going to disagree there are better midfielders but it wouldnt improve us much if we buy a world-class player to play the same role mikel does

WHAAAT? you are comparing Mikel with Arteta ? well Arteta may not be world class but he is way wayy wayy better than Mikel >.<

Well, to me, all the evidence is for Mikel yet you chose to ignore it. But I can admit that I might be horribly wrong about him and you completely wrong, but atm, no one has been able to convince me of that.

The board seem to agree with me on Mikel since we just gave him a 5 and half year deal. But you're lucky I'm not on the board, you'd probably get players like Dawson and Wigan's McCarhy! :P

Instead of what? Letting him go on a free? I wouldn't read anything into that except us having businessmen on the board.

I'm also going to defend myself against a couple of accusations made my some yappy little dog on this thread. Firstly, I'm not 40. Secondly, I haven't been constantly quoting him - I think I've quoted him twice in the last fortnight one of which was a comment he made about Lukaku in June as an example of the way some people perceived him.

Obviously little Cujo has a problem with sticking by his words, but no problem with insulting people that he wishes to ignore. I'd prefer he didn't lie about me in future.

There's a good boy.

WHAAAT? you are comparing Mikel with Arteta ? well Arteta may not be world class but he is way wayy wayy better than Mikel >.<

Where am i comparing them? I am just saying that Mikel would be better for Arteta's job at Arsenal because then they wouldnt get pwnd every time they dont have loads of possesion. In other words i think Arsenals midfield is way too offensive.

Where am i comparing them? I am just saying that Mikel would be better for Arteta's job at Arsenal because then they wouldnt get pwnd every time they dont have loads of possesion. In other words i think Arsenals midfield is way too offensive.

Oh okay , well they always have loads of possession . Even the game they lost , they are always dominating the midfield . They have more of the striker problems. and about Mikel , well he wouldn't even make the bench there . Wenger is not that stupid (:

IMO Mikel, as all of our midfielders is simply not made for a double pivot. He is perfect for the holding role in a 4-3-3, which worked so well under Ancelotti. Though his lack of shooting and running ability leaves to much up to his pivot partner. He is exactly the same type of player as busquets (bar being a diving, skinny cuntface). Also busquets would be swamped by playing in a double pivot with s.o. like Ramires or Lampard next to him.
Mikel's development really has stalled for years and he is to blame that he could not add some dimensions to his play when he was younger, but now we have to deal with that and Mikel is our best holding midfielder. Now we can either play fuckin 4-3-3 again, where all of our midfielders are played to their strengths or we can play a 4-2-3-1 where we will have problems with our double pivot we buy two players who actually ARE suited to form one. Besides our striker,owner and manager, the tactical deficiencies and mistakes that come along always playing at least one centre midfielder out of position in a system he is not suited to have hurt us the most this season.

People are always demanding the signings of Capoue/Benat/Cabaye, players who are acutally made for the pivot, but lets look at it differently, wouldn't it be easier to sign one out and out winger and play a

---------Mikel-----

---Rami-----Lamps/Oscar

midfield and play Hazard or Moses as false 9? We played most of the season under RDM, all games in the EL and also against ManU where demba ba could not hold up a single ball without a striker, so why not continue with it? Hazard, Lamps and Mata are responsible for the goals, also Ramires is a decent finisher. Think about it, in the games we played really well, 2nd half against Utd....err....2nd half against Brentford home.....1st half against Arsenal and unde RDM also against Utd 2nd half, tottenham away, did we really need a striker in these? Neither was there a striker goal nor more than 1 striker assist. You can say, they make runs, but I bet moses and Hazard can make these runs at least as good.

I mean, it is not a neccessity to appraoch any game this way, but our striker is in any case our weakest link in the offense and apart from the fact that is impossible to be worse than Torres, it would be great to have a plan B

He's not as bad as I and other certain members often make him out to be, but if he was as good as others claim he is there wouldn't be a total jizz-fest every time he has an above average game IMO. He's a solid player, but I don't dig this notion that he's "one of the most underrated players in Europe", because he's really not.

In a 4-3-3 system I believe he's one of the best holding midfielders in Europe, yes. In a 4-2-3-1 however I believe he's average, with an occasional stand-out appearance like this one vs. United.

---------Mikel-----

---Rami-----Lamps/Oscar

midfield and play Hazard or Moses as false 9? We played most of the season under RDM, all games in the EL and also against ManU where demba ba could not hold up a single ball without a striker, so why not continue with it? Hazard, Lamps and Mata are responsible for the goals, also Ramires is a decent finisher. Think about it, in the games we played really well, 2nd half against Utd....err....2nd half against Brentford home.....1st half against Arsenal and unde RDM also against Utd 2nd half, tottenham away, did we really need a striker in these? Neither was there a striker goal nor more than 1 striker assist. You can say, they make runs, but I bet moses and Hazard can make these runs at least as good.

I mean, it is not a neccessity to appraoch any game this way, but our striker is in any case our weakest link in the offense and apart from the fact that is impossible to be worse than Torres, it would be great to have a plan B

I think Hazard/Moses as a false 9 doesnt suit the PL and would get destroyed by the likes of stoke, in spain yeh would be great i think but here in the PL ... also a reason messi never scores against italian/english oposition (away).