Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I hate to be the cu*t who says "I told you so" (who am I kidding, I love it! :P) but Mikel demonstrated perfectly today how the team differs with a proper DM. Keeping possession might not be as glamorous as scoring or assisting, but it is just as important to scoring.

I hate to be the cu*t who says "I told you so" (who am I kidding, I love it! :P) but Mikel demonstrated perfectly today how the team differs with a proper DM. Keeping possession might not be as glamorous as scoring or assisting, but it is just as important to scoring.

I think most people are aware of his qualities, only seen a handful of people suggesting he's a bad player.

I think most people are aware of his qualities, only seen a handful of people suggesting he's a bad player.

lol you need to come to this thread more often then :P. He's been called shit, below average, not good enough for Chelsea, he's been slagged off for going to the AFCONs with Nigeria, it's been said that we can't win trophies while he's in the team, he's even been called a weak human being!

Plus the discipline of staying back & assisting w/ the defense. Also trying to put a halt on the other side's breaks.

Good job by Mikel today but I'm not gonna hide from previous comments. I just don't care for Mikel. I'm a big fan of Romeu and that's not gonna change.

What does that have to do with supporting Mikel?

The only calm and composed central midfielder we have. Lamps is just to slow with the ball and our play grinds to a halt most of the time when he gets it. Ramires is either on fire or completely out of it.

Mikel looked like Carrick did for them in the first half. Broke up play, kept his cool and played some great balls. Never looks nervous or rushes, just quietly does the job.

Really don't understand why Rafa doesn't seem to like him. He should be the regular starter alongside Ramires with Lamps having the more reduced role. Frank can be our super sub.

The only calm and composed central midfielder we have. Lamps is just to slow with the ball and our play grinds to a halt most of the time when he gets it. Ramires is either on fire or completely out of it.

Mikel looked like Carrick did for them in the first half. Broke up play, kept his cool and played some great balls. Never looks nervous or rushes, just quietly does the job.

Really don't understand why Rafa doesn't seem to like him. He should be the regular starter alongside Ramires with Lamps having the more reduced role. Frank can be our super sub.

Because rafa is only here to sabotage CFC for the dirty red scousers. It's the only way they can pass us in the table <_<

Chalobah, Romeu, Ake, players with an eye for quick passing. Makes Mikel look slow. The positioning has been evolving and requiring more than what Mikel brings.

Well maybe it is good that Mikel has a limited role. He offers the freedom for the fluidity of the other CM and players like Luiz playing at CB can play with more freedom like we saw in the game against United today because he knows Mikel is there to sweep up the damage. It is important to have players like him. One of the most important roles IMO. Look at Busquets at Barca, has a limited role, maybe gets the odd goal a season but rarely goes forward. Executed perfectly.

His role today highlighted the ability to help the fluidity of the team. An important unsung hero at the club if you ask me.