Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Mikel was very very good Till ET frank did nothin but scored and really ppl cetiticise him? Whazz up with you he die what I expect from him Intercepted countless Times in The OPPOSITES half, much quicker passing quick one twos some very nice high Balls if just Drogba was there not the cunt Eto'o but not enough stamnia for ET thats what he should be blamed for but sideway passing? Seriously can some one get his stats from yesterday? He was NEARLY Perfect and I'm honestly surprised After his Last three outimgs when he was soooo Bad and back to old standards

Was Mikel "very good" compared to his usual terrible performances? I didn't think he was very good at all, he played ok at best.

No very good because he played better then 75% of our Team and did EXACTLY what I wanted him to do more. Quicker passing some one twos one touch a few Times (Look at he Goals Build up). He was much much more pressing high up, intercepted at least FIVE Passes in The OPPOSITES half and gave it straight back to our attack. Made two nice Luizesque runs, his Main Problem was stamnia, again, would really like to See The followong stats by him from yesterday, interceptions, interceptions opposites half, passes completed, forward longer 7 m, Time on Ball before release, dribbles one v one and sideway Backway passes

Was Mikel "very good" compared to his usual terrible performances? I didn't think he was very good at all, he played ok at best.

He was very good because he pressed very well and won the ball back in the opposition half many times, he never gave the ball away cheaply, always offered himself as an outlet when one of our players got pressed, played a few long balls straight to the striker, always covered for the fullbacks and Luiz when they made runs forward and defended well inside the box and made a couple of clearances when we got pinned back. What else do you want from a defensive midfielder? He can't do the job of the front four for them when they can't score.

It says something when an average performance where Mikel does the bare minimum is lauded as 'very good' by a very tiny minority.

I imagine his performance last night will be trumpeted by this tiny minority in much the same way Hazard's performance against Sunderland a few weeks was. When Mikel does leave, it would be mighty nice of him to take this minority with him.

Mikel was very very good Till ET frank did nothin but scored and really ppl cetiticise him? Whazz up with you he die what I expect from him Intercepted countless Times in The OPPOSITES half, much quicker passing quick one twos some very nice high Balls if just Drogba was there not the cunt Eto'o but not enough stamnia for ET thats what he should be blamed for but sideway passing? Seriously can some one get his stats from yesterday? He was NEARLY Perfect and I'm honestly surprised After his Last three outimgs when he was soooo Bad and back to old standards

In the entire match, mikel had 2 interceptions. Not sure how you can claim that to be "countless".

His midfield partner always seems to suffer when paired with Mikel ,Frank was not at his best last night and Rammy was awful at Stoke and against Fulham when paired with Mikel ,the theory is while Mikel is sitting back not running,tackling and playing sideways/backwards passes his partner in midfield is isolated and without help in the midfield battle,the defence is forced to sit far too deep due to Mikel's starting position and there is plenty of space for the opposition to work in,instead of our two DM's working together and engaging the opposition higher up the pitch,

Makelele was superb at winning the ball as high up the pitch as possible remember Lampard's goal v Bayern Munich in London when Makelele won posession deep in Bayern's half before playing the ball to Lampard who scored that brilliant goal? has Mikel ever done this?, this is what we need from our DM at the same time as being able to defend and win tackles when we are forced to defend.

He was very good because he pressed very well and won the ball back in the opposition half many times, he never gave the ball away cheaply, always offered himself as an outlet when one of our players got pressed, played a few long balls straight to the striker, always covered for the fullbacks and Luiz when they made runs forward and defended well inside the box and made a couple of clearances when we got pinned back. What else do you want from a defensive midfielder? He can't do the job of the front four for them when they can't score.

One that does track runners and does protect the back four not a mythical illusion that really does not exist and one that can win the ball as high up the pitch as possible a bit of aggression and running power would be nice as well ,in short lamposts are for dogs to piss up .