Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Looks like John Obi Mikel is on his way to turkey in January. Our source claims that he has agreed personal terms with Galatasaray.

well he played like a turkey tonight ,,,wonder if he will survive Xmas

I don't know who the co-commentator at Sky was, but everytime Mikel had the ball this guy criticized him. Sadly he was right, sometimes in games like this one truly finds out how slow, uncreative Mikel is. Someone should explain to the bloke that football is not chess, you can't play every ball safe. Its about taking risks.

I'm not sure if this is a new low for him because the Juventus, Arsenal and Rubin games were all pretty bad but he was terrible last night. He sucks the energy out of Stamford Bridge like no-one I've ever seen and seems to only be popular on social media sites with people who struggle to speak English properly.

I can't think of another player who has made about 300 Chelsea appearances and been so poor and unpopular.

I used to think Mikel would come good and be capable of controlling our midfield....but he's just too passive to be a leader in midfield.

I don't know who the co-commentator at Sky was, but everytime Mikel had the ball this guy criticized him. Sadly he was right, sometimes in games like this one truly finds out how slow, uncreative Mikel is. Someone should explain to the bloke that football is not chess, you can't play every ball safe. Its about taking risks.

It was Tony Gale. He is a bloody wanker! Whenever he commentates on our games, he will slate us at every opportunity, literally. His favorite comments are Chelsea are playing it so slow. And it was utterly hilarious to hear to him blaming Mikel because the other players were passing it so slowly in the attacking third. :doh:

Watching the pivot was hilarious though. A pissed off Oscar watching them play it to each other, side-ways and backwards, and finally lose it. Eventually Oscar comes deep and releases the other attacking players by making a clinical forward pass. Ah, has any other team had such a chronical pivot problem as Chelsea has had?

It was Tony Gale. He is a bloody wanker! Whenever he commentates on our games, he will slate us at every opportunity, literally. His favorite comments are Chelsea are playing it so slow. And it was utterly hilarious to hear to him blaming Mikel because the other players were passing it so slowly in the attacking third. :doh:

Mikel does play it slow though. There was a break in the second-half that he simply killed and that sucked all the energy out of the air. He shows no ambition, no passion, no aggression, no emotion, nothing. That's why there's no love for him because he doesn't show anything for people to connect with.

Look at someone like Romeu - he puts zip on the ball when he gets it. With him it's very much two-touch football whereas Mikel dawdles on the ball and that allows the opposition to re-align.

Watching the pivot was hilarious though. A pissed off Oscar watching them play it to each other, side-ways and backwards, and finally lose it. Eventually Oscar comes deep and releases the other attacking players by making a clinical forward pass. Ah, has any other team had such a chronical pivot problem as Chelsea has had?

It's been like that for years though and the constant has been Mikel. The only entertainment he provides is that he constantly makes those who defend him look like mugs.

Well he doesn't bring anything special to the team really. Oscar has he long range shots, Hazard has dribbling, Terry has leadership, Ramires has stamina, Luiz has bravado. What does Mikel give to the team? Nothing out of the ordinary. Good at passing the ball around (sometimes), fantastic at slowing the game down and changing it's pace and he is strong at holding up the ball. He is by all means a decent player but nothing special.

In a cantenaccio system where once that one crucial goal is scored, Mikel is probably a player you would want in your team. Strong, methodical and great at slowing down the game. Outside of a very defensive system I don't see his worth. A few seasons back however, I was convinced he was on the up and up. Improving everygame, becoming more dynamic on the ball but lately I think he has regressed greatly. I'd look for Mikel to shut down a game once it's won but he isn't a player that I necessarily want starting against a team that can leak in goals.