Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Agree with the first (good defensively), but not with the second point. His contribution in attack was pretty mediocre as usual. A particular ridiculous play was when he attempted a long ball to Torres - nowhere near the target.

He didn't do much offensively, he barely does - what I meant is that he provided a platform for our attacking players and even Ramires to perform like they did today.

Did what he always does ,not a lot . But with JT and Cahill now looking very secure and all our great players turning it on ,you can carry him and no doubt Mourinho is getting the best out of all his players . A normal game for him , I did not notice any difference at all . Is that enough for us?

Did what he always does ,not a lot . But with JT and Cahill now looking very secure and all our great players turning it on ,you can carry him and no doubt Mourinho is getting the best out of all his players . A normal game for him , I did not notice any difference at all . Is that enough for us?

Right but perhaps the point here is that Mikel was key in making our defense line secure today. That whole idea of not letting your defenders exposed on one-on-ones against the attackers.

Was the same defense line bad when we conceded 5 goals in two games, or were they too exposed then?

To me we've been defending better and you gotta give credit to Mikel as well.

Now, is that enough? It was today. I agree that it isn't going to be enough, especially in different circumstances, such as when he has to join the attack in possession. He is a very one-dimensional player no doubt.

Right but perhaps the point here is that Mikel was key in making our defense line secure today. That whole idea of not letting your defenders exposed on one-on-ones against the attackers.

Was the same defense line bad when we conceded 5 goals in two games, or were they too exposed then?

To me we've been defending better and you gotta give credit to Mikel as well.

Now, is that enough? It was today. I agree that it isn't going to be enough, especially in different circumstances, such as when he has to join the attack in possession. He is a very one-dimensional player no doubt.

Trust me: Don't. Many before you have tried and failed!

Interesting stat : In their last 10, Chelsea have conceded a goal every 49 minutes without John Obi Mikel. They conceded every 137 minutes with him in those.

Bench the fucker, I say!

Hjper ... This is so multifactorial that stat is highly, highly unreliable. I would never base a conclusion it.

Cannot believe he scored again, I just couldn't believe my eyes when it happened! :lol:

And note that the 2 goals he has scored this season have come against teams playing in white (Fulham being the other) while Oscar also scoring in the same game. Oh also, Mikel's goals for the club have only come under Mourinho..