Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Mikel does play it slow though. There was a break in the second-half that he simply killed and that sucked all the energy out of the air. He shows no ambition, no passion, no aggression, no emotion, nothing. That's why there's no love for him because he doesn't show anything for people to connect with.

Look at someone like Romeu - he puts zip on the ball when he gets it. With him it's very much two-touch football whereas Mikel dawdles on the ball and that allows the opposition to re-align.

It's been like that for years though and the constant has been Mikel. The only entertainment he provides is that he constantly makes those who defend him look like mugs.

Have to agree after last night though. Plus the Romeu point is really true. Could have kept him, but definitely in hindsight after what happened to Marco.

Mikel does play it slow though. There was a break in the second-half that he simply killed and that sucked all the energy out of the air. He shows no ambition, no passion, no aggression, no emotion, nothing. That's why there's no love for him because he doesn't show anything for people to connect with.

But it's not his fault is it if suddenly we just slow it down in the final third?

It was Tony Gale. He is a bloody wanker! Whenever he commentates on our games, he will slate us at every opportunity, literally. His favorite comments are Chelsea are playing it so slow. And it was utterly hilarious to hear to him blaming Mikel because the other players were passing it so slowly in the attacking third. :doh:

Yeah, you are probably right but I have to say his comments last night were spot on. Also, I find it strange Glen Hoodle doesn't manage anymore, he seems like a guy who knows a thing or two about this game.

We should definitely play Oscar in a deeper role, just try it out. We're that bad that we don't have anything to lose really.

Have to agree after last night though. Plus the Romeu point is really true. Could have kept him, but definitely in hindsight after what happened to Marco.

I've never had a problem with the backwards and sideways passes because that's what you need to do, but just do it a bit faster so that the opposition has something to think about. That's how you create space.

But it's not his fault is it if suddenly we just slow it down in the final third?

We're usually already going at a snail's pace by the time it gets into the final third. He touches the ball more than almost anyone else in the team so he helps dictate the tempo, but he plays like he's got arthritis.

He's just too fucking laid back. He was laid back in losing the ball last night, he was laid back in trying to chase after that lost ball and he was laid back when he was trying to chase down Ireland at the weekend.

Serious question - has anyone ever seen him sprint?

Yeah, you are probably right but I have to say his comments last night were spot on. Also, I find it strange Glen Hoodle doesn't manage anymore, he seems like a guy who knows a thing or two about this game.

We should definitely play Oscar in a deeper role, just try it out. We're that bad that we don't have anything to lose really.

Hoddle is one of the most progressive English footballing minds of the last 20 years....ergo he's fucked. The guy transformed this club and doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves either. If he was French then he'd be at a top club but he suffered after some admittedly weird stuff.

We're usually already going at a snail's pace by the time it gets into the final third. He touches the ball more than almost anyone else in the team so he helps dictate the tempo, but he plays like he's got arthritis.

I know Mikel isn't exactly the quickest of passers but let's not exaggerate as though he takes like 10 touches before passing it. Even when he pass it forward quickly, the front attacking players will still mess things up and slow down the attacks. And this doesn't just happen when Mikel is playing. Happens even with Lampard-Ramires in the pivot.

Was terrible last night from start to finish. Very sloppy which is very unlike him. I was happy with John so far this season because he has put in a good performance every time he's played, but yesterday was just not good enough.

He can barely even get games at Valencia.

I'd rather just give Chalobah a shot tbh, who is coming back in January.

Always thought Oriol was overrated.

He has been MOTM in 2 of the last 3 games he has played for Valencia.

He can barely even get games at Valencia.

I'd rather just give Chalobah a shot tbh, who is coming back in January.

Always thought Oriol was overrated.

The guy is coming back from one of the worst injuries you can get and is just starting to get games. He's actually looked pretty good as well.

Get rid asap, I can't bare watching him anymore. Give Chalobah a chance instead

as much as i would like to ged rid of him, i seriously doubt if it condusive to do so.

whoever we buy in his place would be cup-tied for the CL games which means we would have only rambo-lamps pivot for the CL nights. essien is finished, mvg is injured and we truly dont have an option but to keep him till the end of the season so as to atleast have an option of having a DM in CL except for rambo-lamps.

also i think the first one to be shown the door should be essien. he can be let go, bring in pogba/bender(s)/witsel to play in the PL while hope lamps can do the job in CL.

as much as i would like to ged rid of him, i seriously doubt if it condusive to do so.

whoever we buy in his place would be cup-tied for the CL games which means we would have only rambo-lamps pivot for the CL nights. essien is finished, mvg is injured and we truly dont have an option but to keep him till the end of the season so as to atleast have an option of having a DM in CL except for rambo-lamps.

also i think the first one to be shown the door should be essien. he can be let go, bring in pogba/bender(s)/witsel to play in the PL while hope lamps can do the job in CL.

Yea, didn't really mean in January (which is asap tbf), but this man shouldn't be playing for us next season. I'd still like Chalobah to get some games though, can't be worse than Mikel.