Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I gotta admit this writer knew what he was talking about. How the facts are taken to Mikel. What he does on the pitch, but the most impressive thing about the whole article for me was this stat:

Mikel is the fourth non-British player to reach that total for Chelsea, behind undisputed club legends Petr Cech (459 appearances), Didier Drogba (341) and Gianfranco Zola (312).

He probably won't beat Cech, but I can seeing him getting by both DD & Zola. Mad props to him.

If mikel plays in the pivot with matic, he may be allowed to boom forward and we will see his natural game play. He has never/rarely been the more attacking CM in chelsea. If he plays with matic and is afforded that freedom, I bet people will be shocked at what he can do.

If mikel plays in the pivot with matic, he may be allowed to boom forward and we will see his natural game play. He has never/rarely been the more attacking CM in chelsea. If he plays with matic and is afforded that freedom, I bet people will be shocked at what he can do.

Hahahahhaha

Mikel's limitations are because of lack of ability/desire and not 'role' in the team.

I never liked Mikel as part of the spine of the team because I really don't think he's someone you can rely on in tough situations and I've rarely seen him dominate. Hopefully Matic becomes that leader in midfield for us and Mikel can go alongside him freed up from a fair amount of responsibility so he can express himself more.

It could be the making of him, or it'll simply underline how unnecessary he is.

I never liked Mikel as part of the spine of the team because I really don't think he's someone you can rely on in tough situations and I've rarely seen him dominate. Hopefully Matic becomes that leader in midfield for us and Mikel can go alongside him freed up from a fair amount of responsibility so he can express himself more.

It could be the making of him, or it'll simply underline how unnecessary he is.

Exactly. He was a central midfielder before he joined us so I feel he has never played his natural position. Even when paired with luiz, luiz goes forward and he stays back.

Matic staying as the DM will show Mikels true abilities or weakness.

Hahahahhaha

Mikel's limitations are because of lack of ability/desire and not 'role' in the team.

The role also helps. He is a boss for nigeria, because he plays the role lampard is playing for us.

Chelsea compete at a whole different level compared to Nigeria. Lets not even start those comparisons.

Don't go off topic on the point I'm making. I didn't say Nigeria > chelsea.

Its the position of play that suits him in my opinion. Lampard plays far better as a CM in a 4-3-3 the same way mikel will play far better as a CM.

Don't go off topic on the point I'm making. I didn't say Nigeria > chelsea.

Its the position of play that suits him in my opinion. Lampard plays far better as a CM in a 4-3-3 the same way mikel will play far better as a CM.

How did I go off topic there? You are the one thay brought in his performances for nigerian NT.

Having trouble understanding English?

I think the point of getting Matic was that Jose wants a dynamic pivot for his pressing system. So I think that the starting pivot players will be Ramirs and Matic. That said, I think Mikel will continue to play the role he's played since the start of the season.