• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

and potentially Sane (who came in for Foden)

plus even David Silva and also Ilkay Gündogan

7 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Only Mahrez KDB Bernardo and Sterling to worry about...

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

3 hours ago, blu35_army said:

and Foden now....

FT on Thursday - Chelsea 1-5 Man City...

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

FT on Thursday - Chelsea 1-5 Man City...

even I am not THAT pessimistic ffs

:(

that result would devastate our top 4 chances (as it crushes our GD as well)

HUGE game tomorrow

Manure v Sheff U

if Manure runs riot in that one the pressure is on us immensely

especially if there is super corrupt shenanigans and Shitty get their bans 100% overturned (I cannot see both years being overturned though, Shitty are flagrant abusers)

Chelsea: Three key clashes in the match against Manchester City

https://theprideoflondon.com/2020/06/23/chelsea-three-key-clashes-in-the-match-against-manchester-city/

In Chelsea’s upcoming match against Manchester City, there will be some key clashes to look forward to. These key clashes could determine the match.

Thursday’s match against Manchester City will be an interesting one. There could be some really good clashes between the two clubs. N’Golo Kante going up against Kevin De Bruyne will be one of the more important key clashes to this match. Cesar Azpilicueta against Raheem Sterling will be another good one. And finally, how Mason Mount deals with Kyle Walker.

N’Golo Kante vs. Kevin De Bruyne

This is one of the most important clashes in the match. Kante is arguably the best center defensive midfielder in the world. De Bruyne, on the other hand, is arguably the best center attacking midfielder in the world. Both Kante and De Bruyne are their teams’ best players.

Kante’s amazing defending ability and speed will be key to stopping De Bruyne from running City’s attack. The City attacker’s incredible passing ability is what sets up many of Manchester City’s goals. Depending on how well Kante locks up De Bruyne could be what decides the outcome of this match.

snip

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea: Three key clashes in the match against Manchester City

https://theprideoflondon.com/2020/06/23/chelsea-three-key-clashes-in-the-match-against-manchester-city/

In Chelsea’s upcoming match against Manchester City, there will be some key clashes to look forward to. These key clashes could determine the match.

Thursday’s match against Manchester City will be an interesting one. There could be some really good clashes between the two clubs. N’Golo Kante going up against Kevin De Bruyne will be one of the more important key clashes to this match. Cesar Azpilicueta against Raheem Sterling will be another good one. And finally, how Mason Mount deals with Kyle Walker.

N’Golo Kante vs. Kevin De Bruyne

This is one of the most important clashes in the match. Kante is arguably the best center defensive midfielder in the world. De Bruyne, on the other hand, is arguably the best center attacking midfielder in the world. Both Kante and De Bruyne are their teams’ best players.

Kante’s amazing defending ability and speed will be key to stopping De Bruyne from running City’s attack. The City attacker’s incredible passing ability is what sets up many of Manchester City’s goals. Depending on how well Kante locks up De Bruyne could be what decides the outcome of this match.

snip

Hmm, 

Kdb play on the right 

Kante play on the right 

🤔🤔🤔

Just now, communicate said:

Hmm, 

Kdb play on the right 

Kante play on the right 

🤔🤔🤔

De Bruyne as a No 10 or AMF, if you prefer, plays down the middle a lot, and if Kante plays in the middle again (and even if he starts at RMF he slides over on defence a tonne), well there you go

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

We must play Kante as DM again, he did so well vs Villa mopping everything out. Go strong from the get go, be compact and murder them.

Pep would be doing cartwheels if we do that.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Pep would be doing cartwheels if we do that.

Why would he? Thats the Kante we know and love, just mopping everything in his path like with Conte. He aint 25 anymore either, whatever stamina he has he should use that way vs the big teams....imo of course.

8 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Why would he? Thats the Kante we know and love, just mopping everything in his path like with Conte. He aint 25 anymore either, whatever stamina he has he should use that way vs the big teams....imo of course.

Pep's players are notoriously known for their press and expertise in blocking off channels. 

For goodness sake, we saw even against Villa how Kante struggled to create space for himself to allow a transition from defence to attack. 

Just now, Tomo said:

The last time Kante played sitting DM against a big team we were 3 down at half time. City will bait him into vacating his position to press and it will carnage. 

If you see Kante's thread Nikki posted a clip where we were struggling to play out against Villa because Kante wasn't taking up the appropriate positions for a pass and this was against one of the worst sides in the league who weren't bothering to press us, imagine how it will go against City? Also as i'm assuming Tomori won't be starting we won't be playing with a technically astute CB which makes Jorginho or Gilmour (possibly both) an even bigger must.

Furthermore Kante's been fine against the big sides a RCM, these type of games aren't where the current issues with him lie.

I'm hoping Lampard spotted this in the Villa game

16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Pep's players are notoriously known for their press and expertise in blocking off channels. 

For goodness sake, we saw even against Villa how Kante struggled to create space for himself to allow a transition from defence to attack. 

He still did mighty fine didnt he though considering he hasnt played for months, it was between him and Puli for me for motm.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The last time Kante played sitting DM against a big team we were 3 down at half time. City will bait him into vacating his position to press and it will carnage, and that won't even be the biggest problem.

If you see Kante's thread Nikki posted a clip where we were struggling to play out against Villa because Kante wasn't taking up the appropriate positions for a pass and this was against one of the worst sides in the league who weren't bothering to press us, imagine how it will go against City? Also as i'm assuming Tomori won't be starting we won't be playing with a technically astute CB which makes Jorginho or Gilmour (possibly both) an even bigger must.

Furthermore Kante's been fine against the big sides at RCM, these type of games aren't where the current issues with him lie.

City will press no matter the condition and players, and if he can help the defence out then why not? Lets be honest this defence and the way they are setup gives us all nightmares, he could be a huge help vs city. I would love to see Billy Kova and Kante in midfield in this game

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

He still did mighty fine didnt he though considering he hasnt played for months, it was between him and Puli for me for motm.

City will press no matter the condition and players, and if he can help the defence out then why not? Lets be honest this defence and the way they are setup gives us all nightmares, he could be a huge help vs city. I would love to see Billy Kova and Kante in midfield in this game

His highlights were winning the ball back, not leading a transition.....

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Because if he's infront of the defense we won't be able to play out effectively and the ball will keep coming back at us and eventually with all that pressure they'll crack us even if Kante has his best ever game.

I can accept losing to City but i can't and won't accept more games like 17/18 where they toyed with us and we couldn't string any proper moves together.