• Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

13 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

No Reece james!@

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think he is the better choice at right back than Azpi. Aside from the assists, Azpi had an average game vs Villa defensively and I'm hoping Reece's terirble cameo is due to the fact he was in an unfamiliar position/rust. Azpi/Christensen on the right side of defense vs Sterling/Sane is asking for trouble

2 hours ago, Strike said:

I think he is the better choice at right back than Azpi. Aside from the assists, Azpi had an average game vs Villa defensively and I'm hoping Reece's terirble cameo is due to the fact he was in an unfamiliar position/rust. Azpi/Christensen on the right side of defense vs Sterling/Sane is asking for trouble

People said the same thing about Azpi before the reverse fixture back in November and he ended up keeping Sterling quiet. :chai:

James is bad defensively full stop. The only situations he's capable in are 1 v 1 when he can physically bully the winger. But sterling moves all over the place. He wont be stupid enough to let james get close to him. Hes not good enough yet for the big games unless hes a wing back

39 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

James is bad defensively full stop. The only situations he's capable in are 1 v 1 when he can physically bully the winger. But sterling moves all over the place. He wont be stupid enough to let james get close to him. Hes not good enough yet for the big games unless hes a wing back

agree

2 hours ago, Jason said:

People said the same thing about Azpi before the reverse fixture back in November and he ended up keeping Sterling quiet. :chai:

Fair but still think it can backfire this time. Reece can match the winger's athleticism and gives an outlet for a crossing option

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Fair but still think it can backfire this time. Reece can match the winger's athleticism and gives an outlet for a crossing option

James might have better athleticism but he has less experience than Azpi, for example. Playing James can also backfire if his five-minute cameo at the weekend was anything to go by.

Be interesting what line up City put out for this one. I reckon it will depend on how the Dipper's do tonight. If they lose to Palace, City I reckon will probably take this one seriously as it can allow them to put some heat on the Dippers as they have them straight after. 

If the Dipper's win or draw, I can see them going lightly on us as the league will then be 100% gone, they have bigger fish to fry and by doing so they can f*ck Utd over a bit.

That said, with the current CB and GK situation I am not entirely sure a reserve City side is going to be easy for us as we are bound to give them two gift wrapped chances anyway. 

As for James v Dave. Dave has to start this one. I love James but he cannot really defend that well and he look super rusty against Villa. For me, James should only be playing from the start against the teams we will have 60%+ of tbe ball against as we need Dave's defensive skill and experience in games like these. 

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Be interesting what line up City put out for this one. I reckon it will depend on how the Dipper's do tonight. If they lose to Palace, City I reckon will probably take this one seriously as it can allow them to put some heat on the Dippers as they have them straight after. 

If the Dipper's win or draw, I can see them going lightly on us as the league will then be 100% gone, they have bigger fish to fry and by doing so they can f*ck Utd over a bit.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Are you for real???:doh:

24 points left to play. Liverpool have 20 points advantage.