• Kante
    • Mount
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Not an easy game from any stretch of imagination. They are well set up, well disciplined and know how to play against the big boys. Drew against city, Drew against wolves, won against United at home.

Will be a tough game.

31 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Not an easy game from any stretch of imagination. They are well set up, well disciplined and know how to play against the big boys. Drew against city, Drew against wolves, won against United at home.

Will be a tough game.

I think we will beat them 3-1 - I can see Almiron scoring and Tammy with 2 and Mount chipping in 👍

Good feeling about 2020

United have Liverpool away whilst Arsenal have Sheff United who can compete with anyone. Victory plus favorable results and we can be comfortably above the former and all but put to bed the latter. This could be a massive 3 points on the line for us with the very tough run of games we've got coming up. An absolute must win for me.

Another team that will set up deep and play for set pieces. I imagine Frank will deploy the same XI as today since we've got a full week to rest and prepare. Maybe Kova comes in for one of the 3 midfielders. I would keep Kante out of the squad even if he's fit because we'll really need him at 100% soon.

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Will be a tough game.

Not an easy game but we are defo playing them at a good time. They have several injuries and also have a game in the week against Rochdale, while we have a whole week's rest. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I imagine Frank will deploy the same XI as today since we've got a full week to rest and prepare. Maybe Kova comes in for one of the 3 midfielders. I would keep Kante out of the squad even if he's fit because we'll really need him at 100% soon.

Worth noting/remembering that we have Arsenal (h) 3 days after this trip to Newcastle. So we may see some rotation with that big game in mind. 

57 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Kepa

James---Rudiger---Tomori---Emerson

Jorginho---Kovacic

Mount

CHO-----------------------Willian

Tammy 

Azpi will be at LB for most of the rest of the season, and the next one as well if we do not buy anyone

I feel it in me bones :(

only time he will not be is if he is RB and James is benched/injured or Azpi is injured himself

Frank doesn't trust either Emerson or Alonso (except for Alonso as the LWB when we play a back 3)

which makes it all the more maddening if we do not buy an decent LB

Robin Gosens (I have watched a tonne of tape) is good enough for me for now and will not cost insane money, he is like Alonso with twice the pace and a better cross and a much higher motor and close to as good a shot

we should also at least try and make a move for Theo Hernandez from AC Milan who is now just streets ahead of Emerson

RB James and Azpi

LB Hernandez and Gosens

is a vast improvement over what we have now and the 2 LB's (if we just fucking dump Emerson and Alonso) will only cost around £20 to 30m net or so (the same as only buying Chilwell) Both Gosens (25yo) and Hernandez (22yo) are around 1.84m too, so great size and physicality for the EPL

Image result for Robin GosensImage result for theo hernandez