• Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Also a bit rich for Lampard to defend Barkley when he knew he’s in the wrong. 

This isn't a Solskjaer case; Lamps made things clear, so Willian/Joringho were the only ones in the wrong.

Why can't people grasp that instead of coming up with their own theories.

Yes but why is he penalty taker?

Why is this club giving all these rewards to players who have done fuck all...

Lampard thinks he's the best candidate?

First choice PK taker isn't some sort of holy grail. Salah is Liverpool's best player, yet, he plays second fiddle to Milner in that situation.

Valencia is having huge internat issues and we couldnt take advantage of that at home. We realy should have won because I guess it will only be harder away in Valencia and Ajax will give us run for money.

Also its blatant how bad Pedro, Willian, Alonso...etc are. Nowhere near the top anymore. Being completely overshadowed by our younger players and basicaly any decent player in good european clubs.

I just hope we put all our eggs into youth basket because althrough thats a risk, they still provide more than our "experienced" players. They are that shit.

Willy had a nice game though, but that means he will suck in next 5 or so and he didnt even get a goal or anything. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

This isn't a Solskjaer case; Lamps made things clear, so Willian/Joringho were the only ones in the wrong.

First choice PK taker isn't some sort of holy grail. Salah is Liverpool's best player, yet, he plays second fiddle to Milner in that situation.

Because Milner actualy has certain pedigree and experience. Barkley is just a hyped up lad with nothing to back up.

And it has nothing to do with best player at the club or anything, but with respect/experience/coolness for such situations. 

Barkley isnt our best penalty taker, nor best player, nor someone with years of service for this club, nor inform, nor even regular player. 

Our pk taker should be either Jorginho or Willian.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Ah so when Azpilicueta tried telling Jorginho to take it and the confused looks on the players when they saw Barkley claiming it’s his, definitely looks like a team that knows Barkley is their penalty taker. 

Don’t be so obtuse. 

Because Milner actualy has certain pedigree and experience. Barkley is just a hyped up lad with nothing to back up.
And it has nothing to do with best player at the club or anything, but with respect/experience/coolness for such situations. 
Barkley isnt our best penalty taker, nor best player, nor someone with years of service for this club, nor inform, nor even regular player. 
Our pk taker should be either Jorginho or Willian.
Have you seen Barkley take a penalty anywhere?

You need to stop making assumptions based on things you've never seen. I would have vouched for Tammy to be first choice based on him have said experience you've alluded too, but he isn't cut out for that "pressure" just yet.

Willian shouldn't be in the convo & Joringho's style is suspect to say the least. Forgotten the Carabao Cup final already?

Ah so when Azpilicueta tried telling Jorginho to take it and the confused looks on the players when they saw Barkley claiming it’s his, definitely looks like a team that knows Barkley is their penalty taker. 
Don’t be so obtuse. 
I'd take the manager's word ahead of a random that thinks he knows better. [emoji1360]

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

I'd take the manager's word ahead of a random that thinks he knows better. emoji1360.png

Incredibly stubborn and close minded thought process then. As if a manager's word is gospel, let alone in this scenario when we've seen managers defend players since the dawn of time. 

Let's go with your theory. In training, Lampard must have told his players that Barkley is the first choice penalty taker. Must have been under his breath, because the bloody team captain and our regular penalty taker had zero indication of that. :rolleyes:

Incredibly stubborn and close minded thought process then. As if a manager's word is gospel, let alone in this scenario when we've seen managers defend players since the dawn of time.  Let's go with your theory. In training, Lampard must have told his players that Barkley is the first choice penalty taker. Must have been under his breath, because the bloody team captain and our regular penalty taker had zero indication of that. :rolleyes:

Our "regular" PK taker is in Madrid, last I checked.

Azpi wouldn't have a voice in a empty room, so his actions aren't of much importance. I just hope Barkley takes another PK and such comments will be nullified.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Have you seen Barkley take a penalty anywhere?

You need to stop making assumptions based on things you've never seen. I would have vouched for Tammy to be first choice based on him have said experience you've alluded too, but he isn't cut out for that "pressure" just yet.

Willian shouldn't be in the convo & Joringho's style is suspect to say the least. Forgotten the Carabao Cup final already?

Barkley missed tonight. Jorginho missed in the cup. And? Most will miss at some point. Even the very best.

The thing is would trust Jorginho prior to this game and I still do. Obviously Im not in the trainings mate but its my opinion on observations from the past few years.

Barkleys mentality is questionable at best, he almost always performs awful in games and its about as funny as sad that he is actualy our penalty taker in the club. Says plenty how low we have fallen. Its actualy my only issue with Lamps tbh if he actualy insists on Barkley being first choice pk taker. 

And why in the world would Tammy be the taker? Scoring record of those in second division doesnt make you cool as ice in first champions league game. And Im sure you know how high I praise him, but tonight I wouldnt place him to take it.

Anyway what truly bothers me was that convo prior to taking the penalty. Its just bound to be saved or missed because it brings all the bad mood to whoever takes the penalty. Make a decision before the game and whoever is given that role, leave him be to shoot.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Our "regular" PK taker is in Madrid last I checked.

Azpi wouldn't have a voice in a empty room, so his actions aren't of much importance. I just hope Barkley takes another PK and such comments will be nullified.

So Lampard just told Barkley on the side he's 1st choice? Because judging from the reactions of the players, they had fuck all idea. 

Continue to believe that if it suits you. 

15 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'd take the manager's word ahead of a random that thinks he knows better. emoji1360.png

I dont want to interfere, but thats just so narrow.

My granny could notice Emerson was the better player compared to Alonso and our former managers kept picking the later. Same happend with Ivanovic and Azpi few years ago.

Managers know way more compared to us but they also pack alot of extra baggage that we fans dont. Sometimes its as simple to just see who is better and not being manipulated by personal relationship, status at the club, paycheck, stats,....

It reminds me of tha good old being in love with someone. Everyone sees it that person aint good enough for you, but you dont because of many many little detalis that cloud that simple picture. Sometimes those people get it realy wrong, but sometimes they are very right.

So no, its definately not always true that manager is right.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:
Barkley missed tonight. Jorginho missed in the cup. And? Most will miss at some point. Even the very best.

The thing is would trust Jorginho prior to this game and I still do. Obviously Im not in the trainings mate but its my opinion on observations from the past few years.

Barkleys mentality is questionable at best, he almost always performs awful in games and its about as funny as sad that he is actualy our penalty taker in the club. Says plenty how low we have fallen. Its actualy my only issue with Lamps tbh if he actualy insists on Barkley being first choice pk taker. 

And why in the world would Tammy be the taker? Scoring record of those in second division doesnt make you cool as ice in first champions league game. And Im sure you know how high I praise him, but tonight I wouldnt place him to take it.

Anyway what truly bothers me was that convo prior to taking the penalty. Its just bound to be saved or missed because it brings all the bad mood to whoever takes the penalty. Make a decision before the game and whoever is given that role, leave him be to shoot.

You alluded to one being better than the other which isn't the case. Tammy would be my choice solely based on probably having more experience from the spot than our entire squad put together (something I've mentioned on numerous occasions).

If you think he can't hack it or have the nerve in a CL GROUP GAME, he shouldn't be at the club in all fairness.

I totally agree with your final point. Jorginho encouraged Barkley before he took it but Willian had to have his say.

57 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:
So Lampard just told Barkley on the side he's 1st choice? Because judging from the reactions of the players, they had fuck all idea. 

Continue to believe that if it suits you. 

Barkley takes another PK for us, it will silence you. I'll wait for the moment [emoji6]

I did not watch the game but the pk problem is something I don't care much. Conceding from another set pieces is something that is more concerning. It is almost a sin for any team let alone a good team to concede from set pieces.

My question for anyone who watch the game, how is our midfield? 

Against wolves, our midfield could not feed our forward, hence Willian was arguably our most important player because his ability to bring the ball from midfield to forward line. 

Our Champions League record has been a dumpster fire ever since the 2015/16 KO stage started.

- Only 3 wins in 11 games and 2 of them were against Qarabag.

- 1 win in last 7, 0 wins in last 4 games. (1 win since that 2-1 at Atletico under Conte)

- Only kept 2 clean sheets in that 11-game run, both against Qarabag.

- Overall, P11 W3 D3 L5 (vs 11 games prior to that - W6 D4 L1 + 5 clean sheets)

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

Our Champions League record has been a dumpster fire ever since the 2015/16 KO stage.

- Only 3 wins in 11 games and 2 of them were against Qarabag.

- 1 win in last 7, 0 wins in last 4 games. (1 win since that 2-1 at Atletico under Conte)

- Only kept 2 clean sheets in that 11-game run, both against Qarabag.

- Overall, P11 W3 D3 L5 (vs 11 games prior to that - W6 D4 L1 + 5 clean sheets)

11 games 🤔

Did we play 10 ucl games under Conte?