• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

What has that got to do with lampard? We have a transfer ban. The fact is without hazard now we are reliant on others to be good.

Mount has been great for us going forward. CHO RLC etc will be great and of course its not all on mount. But he is key. His age means fuck all.

My point is if we're basically fucked if we become a one-man team again and are heavily reliant on a 20-year-old to be good! 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, Jason said:
Played there after Giroud came on and still did F all. 

I thought we went to 4-4-2 late on

Looked 3-4-3 to me with Azpi playing as the RCB of the 3 and Pedro occupying the RWB role.

We are miles behind Barcelona who disposed of this team with the utmost of ease.
Barcelona are playing space age football, despite their two sh*ters against Roma and Liverpool.
I saw Barkley insisting to take the pen, he was saying to the others "me-me-me". He was looking confident but no serious penalty taker goes for the roof of the net like that. Name one.
This team of ours apart of everything else is low on stamina. The chances created in the second half were very few compared to the first half. Only the free kick Willian won and then the keeper saved Alonso's shot was the product of a decent move and the penalty was from set piece.

Crat cray level of injuries
I do not think I have ever seen thsi before with us
maybe some of the old heads will correct me
Rudiger
Emerson
Reece
Wee Baldy God
RLC
Van Ginkel (meh)
Mount now (sob, so hope it is a nothing burger)
CHO

MADNESS 
giphy.gif

Good news.

Rudiger is close
Kante is close
Reece played for u21s
CHO played for u21s

I reckon we'll see reece and callum vs grimsby

Rudiger and kante at the weekend probably

Looked 3-4-3 to me with Azpi playing as the RCB of the 3 and Pedro occupying the RWB role.

Abraham leading the line and Giroud out wide or vice versa?

Doesn't seem probable to me

We are miles behind Barcelona who disposed of this team with the utmost of ease.

Barcelona are playing space age football, despite their two sh*ters against Roma and Liverpool.

The side that were completely outplayed and should have lost for the second time this season?

Please stop with these needless hot takes

1 minute ago, Hutcho said:

Good news.

Rudiger is close
Kante is close
Reece played for u21s
CHO played for u21s

I reckon we'll see reece and callum vs grimsby

Rudiger and kante at the weekend probably

And Emerson. 

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Abraham leading the line and Giroud out wide or vice versa?

Doesn't seem probable to me

It doesn't have to be strictly that in terms of position and it wasn't the case. We were just a giant mess in attack. 

Worrying times when we continue to lose matches we should easily have won. The play depends heavily on Mount. Since when is Barkley the pen taker when he is a squad player? 

Pedro, Alonso, Willian once again disgusting. I would much rather watch some young players out there having these shitty games and gather experience than those washed up has beens. 

But few teams can cope with this amount of injuries. We have 6 probable first teamers out injured. 

We have no chance going far in CL anyway so better try and defend the EL title. 

Looks like our luck ran out with that clinical performance at Wolves. We remain highly inconsistent and wasteful. It will take time and key players becoming match fit till that changes but I believe it will. We the fans should try ourselves in temperance and serenity for at least this season otherwise it will be too annoying to take all these shitty results yet to come tonheart. 

It's only 2 games but the more I look at our 3-4-3, the more I feel like it's being used solely to protect us defensively more than anything else. Don't look to have any cohesion or decisiveness when going forward. 
It is to protect us defensively but not sure you can say that when we just scored 5 goals using it. It works we just need better delivery from azpi wide. When we won the league with it we had moses who produced good delivery from rwb. Its a system that protects us defensively and works better with attacking mids than out and out wingers (I. E. That guy again... Mason Mount).

We had a bad game which we shouldn't have lost but 2 games isnt enough to say anything definitive.

The other key point is we haven't played either system with our best defender and midfielder both in it yet. We could look solid with the 4 with them 2 or even better in the 3-4-3. We don't know yet

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's only 2 games but the more I look at our 3-4-3, the more I feel like it's being used solely to protect us defensively more than anything else. Don't look to have any cohesion or decisiveness when going forward. 

It definitely makes us more defensively solid, Valencia hardly created anything of note in open play tonight and Wolves created very little at the weekend.

The biggest problem was the quality from out wide. We worked the ball very well at times in the centre through Jorginho and Kovacic and switched play well but Azpi and Alonso simply don't have good enough delivery.

It would be interesting to see how 3-4-3 would work at times when players are fit and Emerson and James can be wing backs, with Rudiger leading the defence too.

The wing backs are the key in that formation as it allows the 3 to be more narrow in a similar way to how Liverpool and City play and unfortunately at present that's the weak area of this side.