Didier Drogba

DYC.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7770087/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"We will not be together next season," Drogba told France Football magazine.

"As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them (my team-mates) to their faces.

"They made me break down. I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club.

"But I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Looks like he is really leaving. :cry:

I grew up as a child watching Zola. The guy was magic- everything he did was special. I thought it would be impossible to see a better player. I never had the privilege of seeing Osgood, Greaves, Tambling, Dixon etc. but I would find it difficult to imagine a player as vital to the team and purely inspirational as Didier Drogba. In my eyes he is our greatest ever striker.

I cant belive i'm shred to tears... I wanted him to leave on a high... its best for all but he was always my favorite... even when i was angry towards him for diving sometimes... I'm just shred to tears... will miss you big African Elephant...

I grew up as a child watching Zola. The guy was magic- everything he did was special. I never had the privilege of seeing Osgood, Greaves, Tambling, Dixon etc. but I would find it difficult to imagine a player as vital to the team and purely inspirational as Didier Drogba. In my eyes he is our greatest ever striker.

I promised I would pick my all time Chelsea team that I had seen ... Still thinking about it but will tell you it will play old fashioned 4 4 2

and the twin strikers will be Osgood and Drogba

Very sad to see him leave. Possibly the best all-round striker the PL has seen in it's short history, and certainly the best that Chelsea have seen. A true legend of the club. Fitting that his last act was to win us the trophy that he, among others, were bought in to win. He was already an iconic figure within the club, but Saturday night confirmed his place among the true greats.

It wouldn't be fitting for a character such as Drogba's to leave on a whimper, he needs to exit in the finest way possible. He's done that.

Thank you for everything Didier.

you can't just say good luck to Drogba... he is a Legend, a Chelsea all time Hero, for me no one will ever fill his shoes, he ALWAYS stood up big time... never hold back, always showed his emotions... when he was shouting ovrebrö, when he was slaping vidic, everything showed how mutch he was commited... i whish him all the best in this world.

I stood by him when sheva came, when Torres came when Crespo was there, no matter who no matter where... Drogba was my #1... 100 fuck'n 57 goals, after reading this, it hurts more than I thought... just can't imagine someone else leading this Line despite Drogs...

'I still had in my head what happened in the African Nations Cup when I could have won the game for my team,' he said.

'But at the same time I was confident.

'I was just saying to myself "Today, we don't cry'"

'And at the end, when the boss jumped on me I said it again, "Today, we don't cry".'

now you (hopefully) made us all cry