Didier Drogba

DYC.

I refuse to believe he's leaving. There's nothing stopping him & Chelsea from doing the Repeat. Besides Messi & Ronaldo....Drogba is the best Forward. I'll rather have Drogba @ age 35 than a useless Torres

Very bittersweet. Drogs was the most complete center forward of his era. No one had his combination of pace, technical ability, brute strength, and aerial prowess (both in attack and defense). The numerous moments of sheer elation he gave myself and many others whilst watching him in Chelsea Blue are something that shall always be treasured.

As much as i want him to stay, if he decides to go i would really be happy for him because u dont get a send off in this manner. And his last kick would penned with gold in history of the club as the midas touch which made us the champions of Europe.

In one game itself he became the hero to the villain to a Legend.

He won't be staying,that I am sure of.He still has some gas left in his tank and wants to feature prominently every game as he still has the ability.I wouldn't mind keeping him and selling Torres off so that Drogba will have the chance to play regularly but he's soon to be 35 and consistency may be an issue.

At the end of the day,we have to see what is best for the club in the long run.Bright prospects like Lukaku and Danny need to be given their chances and having too many striking options may dampen their chances.

Drogba is truly a Chelsea Legend and we all will miss his energy and commitment but its time we move on.

Wholeheartedly disagree with you. Hazard and Gotze are nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo's level. For a start they are totally different styles of players.

My point was that it's easier to replace a dribbler/skillful type player than it is to replace a target man/power type player. It's only been 5 years since we were talking about Ronaldinho as irreplaceable, and Messi has come along and Barcelona haven't missed a trick. It's plausible that in 10 years time Messi will hang up his boots/leave Barcelona and they'll already have a readymade replacement lined up who will pick up from where Messi left off. I don't think the same thing will happen for Chelsea with a new Drogba style player coming along.

True, targetmen with skill and pace are indeed a rarity (and a luxury) in football,That's why for all the Heskey's and Carew's you only have one Drogba.

Still there are others with potential. With the right manager and the right mentality, its possible to mould a similar sort of player out of someone else

As much as I'd like Drogba to stay, I'd be happy for him if he decided to leave, what a way to sign off from the club, he's won everything with us, what more does he have to achieve now, he is a legend and is arguably our best striker ever.