Didier Drogba

DYC.

What was more brilliant, imo, is that united had Rafael marking him for a set-piece! :lol:

Van Gaal was pretty much asking to concede a goal if he asked Rafael to mark Drogba :clown:

funny that you two mentioned this fact. I said this to a yanited supporter today. I asked why wasn't Fellaini or Smalling marking DD on that play. He said Fellaini was needed to mark JT & that Smalling doesn't have the intelligence to mark DD. He felt Rafael was the right choice & was surprised that DD scored :Goober:

The big man proved me wrong. Thought we were almost goners if he starts against United but he played well. Held the ball up well and linked nicely with others. Fantastic header for the goal too. Had no idea why Van Gaal put Rafael to mark Drogba rather than Van Persie, who was standing at the goal post. Absolutely ridiculous but not going to complain much about that. :lol: And if he was 100% fit, think he would have converted that chance in the first half.

Without meaning to start a flame war, having to see the horrible sight of Lampard in a City shirt makes me appreciate Didier even more.

Can't take to much on one match but maybe I was wrong, maybe he could better his first exit this time round?

The King! Might not be fit for 90 mins, but people should never doubt King Didier's big blue heart.

funny that you posted this, because Matic has noted this on the practice pitch & now in matches. We all knew that with DD returning, he will be a presence in the Locker room. After his past performances this week, we are reaping the fruit of this decision to bring DD back to Da Blues.