Didier Drogba

DYC.

Proper attitude, proper goal scorer and all wrapped he's a legend.

On the other side you have Torres saying he had to leave to feel important again…..Drogba is made to feel important because he wasn't cuddled into scoring goals, he just fucking did it.

Although when he was selected to start the match against United I said I wasn't comfortable with the decision (and even said I hope he could prove me to be wrong), I've been harsh on his current form before.

It seems like not only I underestimated The King, but I also owe him an apology. He's becoming much more useful than I thought he'd be and I guess he could offer to us the same kind of experience (that converted to goals) as Eto'o did last season, even if they're different kind of strikers. It's nice to have a guy like this in the team.

I think he's been showing (again, as usual) his character and is helping the team even when his body isn't the same anymore. The class, the commitment, the leadership, the dedication and the love were never in doubt for me, but I had plenty of doubts and complaints about the actual form. He's been playing better now than he did in Galatasaray last season imo, so maybe his heart and motivation to play for us are making a difference after all.

Don't forget, in form or not, his position as club legend gives a boost in the dressing room - Especially good for the morale of the younger players. I'd imagine this is part of the reason Mourinho brought him back, he's always been fond of an added dimension of psychology in the game.

Lol... I'm highly amused by all of the negativity so early in his return. Makes you question if the people here who doubt him know anything about the heart of this Lion

Are u actually going to go thru the whole thread and find out every idiot who was giving out his great and profound opinion on the legend? U will have a lot of work at hand. I would suggest u go to the date of our schalke match. The only reason I dint say anything to those wankers cos I definitely would have got a ban.

Why? Its harmless..and this thread is about the player, is it not?

Its harmless for us fans, I agree, but I also believe nostalgia is the emotional power that made Drogba playing here again, and its is slowly paying off for Mourinho, who also played this card to bring him back, but overall, nostalgia isnt the best of solutions to move forward, anyway, its not the topic here.

Walking a fine line fella, Chelsea Legend 11 won't stand for this outreageous disrespecting of DD.

In all seriousness, again, he's old and past it.

Just wish this wasn't my last memory/association with him, we really need to win something this season to take the focus away and for Didier to leave on a high. It's been said over and over again, but there really wasn't any better way to leave the club than the way he did in 2012.