• Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)

14 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

I may be remembering wrong but I think the city vs arsenal final played last year was of a similar nature. It was a bygone conclusion before the match even began.

This might be worse. Way worse 

Difference between us and Arsenal is they actually get smashed when the world expect them too, we have an uncanny nack of doing the opposite.

Last time we lost a final we were obvious underdogs for was Cardiff 2002.

10 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

still remember the 2 games against them in that 15-16 season, very stubborn side, it will be no walk in the park, William was having his fairytale season with freekicks remember?

I thought our game away to them was arguably our best display of that season (not saying much i know), we wasted golden chances to seal the win inside 20 minutes.

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Well now we have our 2 season ban there will be some on here never be happier.

They can moan like fuck when we see what its like to really suffer!

Like going back to when we were skint and had to sell all our good players many moons ago. We then ended up with some class youths who won us promotion. Could we do this again ??????

1 minute ago, Starman60 said:

Like going back to when we were skint and had to sell all our good players many moons ago. We then ended up with some class youths who won us promotion. Could we do this again ??????

Not sure mate if we have the right mentality at all levels to do that.

But I know I had a great time when we was in the 2nd Div. Didn't take away any of the fans (THEN) support.

Different times tho. We have become spoiled. Victims of our own success.

Supporters thinking that the home cups are meaningless.

All just makes me laugh.

25 minutes ago, DYC. said:

In midfield? And make midfield even softer? That does not sit well with me.

ACM.

Willian presses high at times. Pedro is like a butchers dog.

Both give us more in the way of offence than Barkley/RLC/Kova           

Just now, Unionjack said:

Not sure mate if we have the right mentality at all levels to do that.

But I know I had a great time when we was in the 2nd Div. Didn't take away any of the fans (THEN) support.

Different times tho. We have become spoiled. Victims of our own success.

Supporters thinking that the home cups are meaningless.

All just makes me laugh.

Great days, great fans,  But the boys did play in a "carefree " manner, and they were only boys. I agree we have become victims of our own success.. Jeez I went bloomin nutty when we won the Full Members Cup!!:blush: Now we're not happy playing in the Euro Cup

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

I’d rather see Alonso in left midfield than leftback. I’ve always seen him more as a midfielder than a defender/fullback. His troubles at LB do not surprise me.

And Chels is too soft and predictable in midfield for me. He’d add some physicality and Alonso can get into the box and cause trouble. Let Kante sit deep instead and support Jorginho, which allows Odoi to attack them hard on the right

I know this is out of the box but that just how I think. I need Sarri to do something. He’s so rigid. People love comparing him to Guardiola but Pep makes (slight) tactical tweaks and employs players in different  positions all of the time. He’s nothing like that and he’s losing me because of it.

Alonso in midfield?

Not with the way he "passes" the ball around. You would have to wait an eternity for him to just shift the ball onto his left foot before he releases it, and hope that no one nicks it off him in between.

6 hours ago, DYC. said:

Kepa

Azpilicueta - Rudiger - Luiz - Emerson

Kante - Jorginho - Alonso

Odoi - Higuain - Hazard

He will never start Odoi across from Hazard. With Hazard in our team, it require the other winger to be extremely solid defensively. Alonso on the left wing is an interesting option but is he better than Barkley in term of helping our team against city pressing.

14 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

it is difficult for barkley to score if david luiz ...<_<

im not a big fan of Luiz freekick style, strike the ball with power, if it goes in its amazing of course, but just like Ronaldo's style  it goes way over or against the wall most of the time, of course from distance its very useful just like Lamps, Drogba and Alex used to do for us, but very near the box its more like Alonso, William, and maybe Barkley territory, or Zola, Ballack, Mata, Oscar, etc in years past, where technique, placement and a little force is required, the bend and curl in the ball to get it over the wall and to drop in the far top corner, it keeps the GK guessing almost 100% of the time, and if its done just right the GK stands no chance, i prefer this style. Cheers

Give them all a fuck off big line of marching powder before they go out so they start like they WANT to win. Ive bot seen us start good in ages.

We always tend to be better in the 2nd half.

Maybe we should have a 45 minute game against the yoofs or ladies team and come straight onto the pitch from it.

25 minutes ago, Mana said:

Honestly, I don’t give a monkeys about this final. 

We should be paying attention on Wednesday’s game against Spuds and getting 3 points. That’s 100x more important than this tinpot final. Our last PL game was the 6-0 horror show.

Top 4 is massive, especially now that EL is much harder to win this year, just by looking at the remaining teams.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’d rather lose the final and beat Spuds, then to win the final THEN lose to Spuds. Winning both games is the best scenario I know, but our form is terrible right now.

Yeah. I agree. We win this game then great but we have bigger priorities. Spurs also have an extra day rest. We play our 'best team' to play at such a high intensity tomorrow, then can they keep the same up against Spurs? Not so sure and that is the real crucial one. I won't care if we lose tomorrow as everyone is expects it. Just want to see a respectable effort from the team but we cannot afford to lose Wednesday's game at any cost. In fact, would go as far as saying it is a must win, espec with us being behind United and Arsenal having two games coming up which they should win.

5 hours ago, Mana said:

Honestly, I don’t give a monkeys about this final. 

We should be paying attention on Wednesday’s game against Spuds and getting 3 points. That’s 100x more important than this tinpot final. Our last PL game was the 6-0 horror show.

Top 4 is massive, especially now that EL is much harder to win this year, just by looking at the remaining teams.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’d rather lose the final and beat Spuds, then to win the final THEN lose to Spuds. Winning both games is the best scenario I know, but our form is terrible right now.

Sorry pal I have to disagree, winning a trophy at this point in the season is going to be a massive boost, could just be what we need.

Azpilicueta: Carabao Cup win is ‘everything’ to Chelsea
http://www.squawka.com/en/news/azpilicueta-carabao-cup-win-is-everything-to-chelsea/1083466?utm_source=newsnow&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss#PeMDJdomWJVde2cI.97

Letss hope every player picked leaves nothing behind tomorrow then, bleed blue! No embarrassment !!!