• Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Makes sense. 

If we can stay compact and in the game with 20-30 minutes to go we can open up more then and have attacking options on the bench to do so.

Why go for Barkley from the start though. I think Kovacic is a much better defender and he was amazing in that 2-0 City win when we played similar tactic

6 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

This is a defensive move. I think he has set up us for counter attack. Clearly Sarri wants that trophy 

It's for sure more defensive.  Not sure it will be entirely about the counter attack.  But, Hazard has to play, and we need to defend better on the wings, so Hazard at CF feels like the only way to do both things.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Is Sarri trying to get the sack?

My desire to even bother watching this has evaporated.

We're much more likely to win the game with this lineup than with the one we played in the previous game

I think playing the false 9 was the best move. Hazard just can't play on the wing against city. He can't defend and give the FB any cover which willian will provide.

I think sarri has given us the best opportunity we could have asked for to win the trophy. 

Now let's hope the players show some grit.

19 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

It's for sure more defensive.  Not sure it will be entirely about the counter attack.  But, Hazard has to play, and we need to defend better on the wings, so Hazard at CF feels like the only way to do both things.

This. I don't understand how people don't understand this. Against City your winger need to be extra discipline. I like his choice. But again Sarri is dumb. 

27 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Why go for Barkley from the start though. I think Kovacic is a much better defender and he was amazing in that 2-0 City win when we played similar tactic

Are you talking where we got completely destroyed in the 1st half but they didn't scored and we scored from fantastic pass by luiz