Christian Pulisic

the wes

20 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I really think and hope he is just there to train with the team and not play in the friendlies. If the context is reported correct, it sounds like he would have been excused to not join them.

No wonder he is constantly injured. travelling with an injury will only aggravate it. he should really put his body first but what he does is put his body on the line. Like he did going for that lost ball only to be crushed by the thug mctominay. He needs to be smarter and avoid unnecessary challenges and other physical dangers. As much as i love this wee little player,we have to think about signing another winger of his quality, cos he is to miss thousands of minutes in his career for us yet

14 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

No wonder he is constantly injured. travelling with an injury will only aggravate it. he should really put his body first but what he does is put his body on the line. Like he did going for that lost ball only to be crushed by the thug mctominay. He needs to be smarter and avoid unnecessary challenges and other physical dangers. As much as i love this wee little player,we have to think about signing another winger of his quality, cos he is to miss thousands of minutes in his career for us yet

Where are we getting another player of his quality from? Further, which player of that level is going to choose to come here if we have Ziyech, Pulisic and to a lesser extent Werner and CHO in the squad when there are other top teams that they would walk into the first XI?

For me, if/when we get another AM it will be a squad level player who knows they're going to be rotated if Ziyech and Pulisic aren't fit. Further, if we want to have a balanced XI we need to prioritise DM, CB and possibly CF before we start thinking about back up players. At the moment, we have the following in the untouchables category: 

Mendy, James, Silva, Chilwell, Harvetz, Mount, Ziyech, Werner, Puli (when fit). 

Arguments can be had for Zouma if Silva is playing. However, the fact of the matter is that Silva is 36 years old and could drop his levels with one moderate injury or too much football. Kante is also a possible untouchable but there are still questions about how effective he is in a No.4 role. At CF there are questions about Werner as a No.9 in a 433, however I am personally ok with him playing out left in a 433 if Puli isn't fit. 

Forr me another CB is priority No.1 then a DM to get a little more balance in midfield. After that, a CF will be required if Werner doesn't work in a 433 and/or Tammy does not continue to improve. 

It is looking like a couple more weeks. How do you keep having set backs? His body is just not suited to being a professional athlete.

https://theathletic.com/news/chelsea-kai-havertz-pulisic-latest/hbSIIXvN6iz5

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It is looking like a couple more weeks. How do you keep having set backs? His body is just not suited to being a professional athlete.

https://theathletic.com/news/chelsea-kai-havertz-pulisic-latest/hbSIIXvN6iz5

TBF, no fixed date was ever put on Pulisic's return and even more so when it's a hamstring/muscle problem. If people are constantly disappointed by the delay or how long it's taking to recover, then that's on them rather than the player etc.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

TBF, no fixed date was ever put on Pulisic's return and even more so when it's a hamstring/muscle problem. If people are constantly disappointed by the delay or how long it's taking to recover, then that's on them rather than the player etc.

Some people just don't have the body for professional sports. This has been a problem going back to Dortmound.

Tell that to the likes of Robben and Ribery...
For how young he is and how many injuries he's had, it's worse than Robben or Ribery. If you don't believe me then look at the stats.

We seriously need to start looking at other wingers if this keeps happening this season.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn KB2003 met Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Azul said:

For how young he is and how many injuries he's had, it's worse than Robben or Ribery. If you don't believe me then look at the stats.

We seriously need to start looking at other wingers if this keeps happening this season.

It’s right. Robben missed more games than Pulisic last season only twice while the pandemic have Puli a look in. I will now treat every game we get out of Puli as bonus. We need another left winger. 

It’s right. Robben missed more games than Pulisic last season only twice while the pandemic have Puli a look in. I will now treat every game we get out of Puli as bonus. We need another left winger. 
I'm comparing Pulisic and Robben from when Robben was around the same age and that was around 2004/05. Pulisic at 22 has had waaaay more injuries than Robben had at 22. Which is very scary to be honest.

3 hours ago, Azul said:

Jesus talk about jumping the gun.

He has struggled to stay fit for periods yes but he is quality and will get that break eventually. Bayern stuck by both Robben and Ribery who missed a lot of football over the years and they reaped the rewards because they were quality players. Even Thiago at times would be out with wee niggling injuries every now and then since going there. Again did they sell him because of it? No.

You’d think his career was over at the top level reading this thread at times 🤣 it is frustrating but its not unsolvable. Once he gets fit and is back flying again he will be our most influential attacking player again.