Christian Pulisic

the wes

On 9/23/2020 at 4:55 AM, Hutcho said:

Well yeah we knew that was coming. It's the problem with a lot of our fan base and the reason we get called plastics.

Because as soon as one kid has a bad game (apparently?) everyone wants to sell them and buy "insert player here who had a great game recently"

Nothing wrong with buying players to get better and improve the squad like we've done, we don't wanna be a team of just home grown talent. We are here to win things. But the expectation that anyone who is a work in progress should just be ousted is a joke. Especially someone who has come through our academy was a general consensus top 5 player (higher in my opinion) last season and is only 21.

I kinda new very quickly mount will become something like Willian or Oscar. Hated by fans but coach favorite. Fans will moan about his performance, yet he start again the next game. 😁😁

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

I kinda new very quickly mount will become something like Willian or Oscar. Hated by fans but coach favorite. Fans will moan about his performance, yet he start again the next game. 😁😁

So all it takes is some manager down the line to oust Mount then? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Valdo said:

He's probably on his way to be Robben 2.0, a very good player but he will miss 25% of each season due to injuries or precautions.

Robben still managed to be world class most of his career and scored a CL winning goal. Would be happy with Pulisic having the same ROI

Pulisic on taking the #10 and winning trophies...

https://www.goal.com/en/news/pulisic-ready-chelsea-no10-usmnt-favourite-shirt-willian/ktjqwpq8epnp1c1ho2ztz5rnv

“It meant a lot. It’s no secret that it’s been my favourite number. It’s the number I wanted to be.

“Now that Willian moved on this season, there was an opportunity there. I spoke with the club and everyone felt like I was ready for it, and I felt I was ready, and it’s a number I like.

“So it was a really proud moment for me last weekend to wear it for Chelsea for the first time.

“I understand what it means and how much history it has — how many incredible players have worn it before me — but I see it as my favourite number. I just want to do well.”

Pulisic claims to feel no added pressure after changing squad number at Chelsea, with the youngster used to being a focal point for club and country.

He added: “I’ve been No. 10 for the national team for a while, as well.

“It’s not something I’m thinking about too much, especially while I’m playing. Of course I want to perform, but I put pressure on myself for other reasons.”

Chelsea are looking to Pulisic to help inspire trophy challenges in 2020-21, with a summer of big spending seeing tangible success demanded by ambitious owner Roman Abramovich.

“Chelsea is a club with a lot of history that always wants to compete and win titles,” said Pulisic.

“Our goal is to finish at the highest standing in the Premier League and win every trophy available. Champions League included. We've got a great group of guys, we're going to compete, and we're hungry to win titles.”

Asked if the Premier League crown is a realistic target for the Blues, Pulisic added: “Absolutely. Why not? That's right where we want to be.

“I think that's realistic, and we're going to compete hard to get those trophies.”