Christian Pulisic

the wes

Weston McKennie voted 2020 U.S. Soccer Male Player of the Year

McKennie beat out Chrisitian Pulisic and Sergino Dest for the award

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/weston-mckennie-voted-2020-u-s-soccer-male-player-of-the-year/

weston-mckennie.png

Weston McKennie was voted as the 2020 Male Player of the Year, U.S. Soccer announced through a press release Friday. At 22 years old, the Juventus midfielder is the fourth youngest player to ever receive that award with the others being teammate Christian Pulisic (19 in 2017 and 21 in 2019), and retirees Landon Donovan (21 in 2003) and Peter Vermes (22 in 1988).

"I want to thank everyone for this huge honor. It's been a journey, especially through these difficult times during the pandemic," McKennie said. "Our fans have stuck with us throughout and we really appreciate it. Hopefully in 2021 we can have many more memories together."

McKennie earned 44 percent of the total vote, beating out other notable USMNT players like Chrisitian Pulisic (27 percent) and Sergino Dest (14 percent). The 22-year-old made headlines earlier this year with a high profile loan move to Juventus, where he immediately made an impact when manager Andrea Pirlo slotted him into the starting XI. McKennie became the third ever American to score in a Serie A match with a header against Torino on Dec. 5 that helped spark a comeback victory for his squad.

He also had one of the best goals of the Champions League group stage against Barcelona earlier this month, with a flying volley in the penalty box.

Has anyone watched him plas as rw with Dortmund?
On the right he is pretty much useless. We got all his negatives and none of the positive. 
I watched him back then as a RW and he was nothing special and that is why I did not want him to come to Chelsea. Did not know he was much better at LW.

His crossing was his best asset back then

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

I watched him back then as a RW and he was nothing special and that is why I did not want him to come to Chelsea. Did not know he was much better at LW.

His crossing was his best asset back then

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I see, Pulisic is very2 good but on the right you get far less of the good stuff. 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

I see, Pulisic is very2 good but on the right you get far less of the good stuff. 

he HAS to be played at LW, not RW

CHO is a better RWer than Pulisic (although CHO too is better on the left)

32 minutes ago, Dan Lee said:

Puli played 180 mins in 3 days. Talking about injury, I think it is not fair to say he looks like the glass. Ziyech should be the concern, not Puli. 

He plays better and better in the game. 

Pulisic has managed to get injured so badly that he fell down when jogging on plain grass without impact...of ocurse he is made of glass. Just bc he played 180 mins (and hardly over-exerted himself) in 3 days does not mean he is suddenly iron man. Let's not kid ourselves. It won't be long until he pulls a hammy again or some other muscle injury that takes him out for a month or two. We have to enjoy him while he is still fit.

4 hours ago, Dan Lee said:

Puli played 180 mins in 3 days. Talking about injury, I think it is not fair to say he looks like the glass. Ziyech should be the concern, not Puli. 

He plays better and better in the game. 

It's not one or the other - both are made of glass. Pulisic will be out soon enough again unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea have confirmed that Christian Pulisic was missing from their win at Sheffield United due to family issues.

The American superstar was not included in the 20-man squad for Chelsea’s 2-1 win at Bramall Lane on Sunday and many Chelsea and USMNT fans feared that Pulisic had picked up another injury.

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel confirmed that Pulisic was given time off to handle some family problems.

“Christian has some family issues to solve, and family is always first, so we decided to give him a rest,” Tuchel said.

Everyone at ProSoccerTalk sends our best wishes to Pulisic and his family.

What is the future for Christian Pulisic at Chelsea?

Pulisic will be a big part of Chelsea’s squad under Tuchel, that much is clear already.

The USMNT star was given his professional debut by Tuchel at Borussia Dortmund in 2016 and knows him extremely well.

Tuchel already told ProSoccerTalk how much he loves working with Pulisic and trusts him, and the German coach is eager to get the American star in the best positions possible.

After starting Tuchel’s first three games in charge of Chelsea on the bench, Pulisic has made a big impact when he’s come on and he’s played in a slightly different position.

Pulisic revealed he played as ‘a kind of false striker’ as he came on at half time to inspire a 2-0 win against Burnley, as he assisted the second goal late on and went close to scoring on several occasions, then also went close to scoring against Tottenham when he came on in a similar role.

With Timo Werner, Mason Mount and Callum Hudson-Odoi playing extremely well in Tuchel’s first few games in charge, it will be tough for the USMNT star to force his way into this Chelsea starting lineup.

But his history with Tuchel and his form last summer suggests he can become a key member of the side as Chelsea are pushing hard for the top four after three wins and a draw from Tuchel’s first four games in charge.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/02/08/pulisic-news-Chelsea-issue-update/

Mount, Werner, and CHO are performing better. They are all first choice for Tuchel. But at the some point, he will need to rotate the team and Pulisic will get its chance to prove himself.