Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

11 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

It seems the deal is for Rugani only.. I will cry if Higuain comes here especially if it blocks the potential transfer of Leon Bailey...

Leon Bailey is my number one winger target for us!! We desperately need him!

7 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Sarri has already coached Rugani, Higuain and Jorginho. It's just a coincidence that they're Serie A players. It's not about the league in which the player plays imo. Our last signings from La Liga, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga were Morata, Bakayoko and Baba. A rather underwhelming trio.

It's interesting that we've never had a German or a French coach in the Abramovich era.

Sarri may have coached them before but it still doesn't change the fact that we are/have been targeting players from Serie A and Rugani and Higuain hard look like inspired signings either. When Conte was still around, we were linked with a whole bunch of players from Italy and many of them were duds. Hell, we even signed one of them! You are right by pointing out the 3 examples there but you could argue that the board didn't do its due diligence in scouting the right players. We sit here and are able to pinpoint the talents from Bundesliga or Ligue 1 and yet, the club only seem to be interested in Serie A.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sarri may have coached them before but it still doesn't change the fact that we are/have been targeting players from Serie A and Rugani and Higuain hard look like inspired signings either. When Conte was still around, we were linked with a whole bunch of players from Italy and many of them were duds. Hell, we even signed one of them! You are right by pointing out the 3 examples there but you could argue that the board didn't do its due diligence in scouting the right players. We sit here and are able to pinpoint the talents from Bundesliga or Ligue 1 and yet, the club only seem to be interested in Serie A.

Serie A has by far the best players for us of any outside league

not saying we can remotely get all these but imagine a Chelsea with these (I am not listing every single position)

these are all Serie A players

GK Alisson (too late now,grrr) so Strakosha or Donnarumma

CB Kalidou Koulibaly (rotate with Christensen and Rudiger)

RB Elseid Hysaj (assuming we sold Azpi to Barca, which we should NOT do) (only one outside of Serie A who i would take over him and who WAS available at one time is Sergi Roberto or maybe, maybe 2 others, Sime Vrsaljko or Sidibe, but proably not)

LB Alex Sandro (best available LB in world)

Deep Holding MF (Jorginho, got him now, SUPERB player and signing)

CMF  Milinković-Savić (only way we could afford him is if Hazard is sold and also a tonne of deadweight)

creative MF Miralem Pjanic (or a non serie A..... Thiago from Bayern)

RW  Federico Chiesa or Suso (as I think my number one available, Malcom, ends up... LOLOL, in Italy at Inter)

finally

the big two

Icardi (who we are insane not to get)

and then Dybala

there are just more players in Serie A who are world class and fit our needs than elsewhere

It is also the hardest league to deal with, so we end up get shivved

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Serie A has by far the best players for us of any outside league

not saying we can remotely get all these but imagine a Chelsea with these (I am not listing every single position)

these are all Serie A players

GK Alisson (too late now,grrr) so Strakosha or Donnarumma

CB Kalidou Koulibaly (rotate with Christensen and Rudiger)

RB Elseid Hysaj (assuming we sold Azpi to Barca, which we should NOT do) (only one outside of Serie A who i would take over him and who WAS available at one time is Sergi Roberto or maybe, maybe 2 others, Sime Vrsaljko or Sidibe, but proably not)

LB Alex Sandro (best available LB in world)

Deep Holding MF (Jorginho, got him now, SUPERB player and signing)

CMF  Milinković-Savić (only way we could afford him is if Hazard is sold and also a tonne of deadweight)

creative MF Miralem Pjanic (or a non serie A..... Thiago from Bayern)

RW  Federico Chiesa or Suso (as I think my number one available, Malcom, ends up... LOLOL, in Italy at Inter)

finally

the big two

Icardi (who we are insane not to get)

and then Dybala

there are just more players in Serie A who are world class and fit our needs than elsewhere

It is also the hardest league to deal with, so we end up get shivved

Yes but not saying we should buy like a whole new team from other leagues. There are definitely talents elsewhere and talents that might not even cost as much as the fees that's being put on Serie A players. Guardiola and Klopp, for instance, managed to buy some really good players from the Bundesliga in last 1-2 years.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

100000000000000% agree! Boateng is a shambolic mess at this stage. I fear we are looking at another Alex Sandro Juve nightmare, with them raising the price over and over. At least in Alex Sandro's case you could make argument he was a top 3 or 4 on planet LB after or mixed in with Alaba (clear number one RB and number one FB period) Jordi Alba (30 this coming season though),and Marcelo (already 30).

Rugani is not worth 50m euros IMHO, and certainly looks like bad value considering a month or so ago we submitted a bid that equalled Juve's AT THE TIME valuation of 30m euros.

40m  euros, yes, not 50. No way has he improved 67% in a month!

I would rather we go after

one of these 

Kalidou Koulibaly (3 year pipe dream, Napoli want £80m for him, and he is now 27, not 23, 24, which if he were 4 years younger, £80m MIGHT make sense. Also, he is NOT a 1.95m tall giant (Napoli lied on their website - quelle surprise!) as people keep saying. He is 1.87, all you have to do is look at the photo with Pogba holding his shoulder outside a training room. Pogba towers over him. Transfermarkt finally fixed this btw.

that leaves these 10

Matthijs de Ligt  Ajax (Juve will probably get him with the goddamn Rugani money!! he is only 18 and already close to world class, we are so stupid to not snatch him up)

Benjamin Pavard   VfB Stuttgart   (WC has blown his value up to crazy levels, so maybe wait on him, but Spurs seem hellbent to get him) 

Alessio Romagnoli      AC Milan    (Not sure if he will want to leave AC Milan, but he is better value for the money than Rugani, IMHO)

Stefan Savic     Atlético Madrid  (27 and rock solid, not sure if he is a player for Sarri ball though)

Konstantinos Manolas   Roma (27 as well, rate him over Savic)

Dayot Upamecano   RB Leipzig  only 19 HUGE upside

Rúben Dias  SL Benfica    21, realllly good young Portuguese with loads of upside, good size (1.87) and pacy

Manuel Akanji     Borussia Dortmund   just turned 23 today fast, young, looked really good in WC and the Bundesliga games I saw him in

Jonathan Tah      Bayer Leverkusen   22   HUGE (1.94m legit) and fast for his size, not sure if he is ideal for Sarri ball

Panagiotis Retsos  Bayer Leverkusen   19    huge upside, in a few years he could be a susperstar, but maybe we need instant help now, still.........

Or even better 

No One  Anywhere FC  0m 

because we have more than enough cbs already

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Or even better 

No One  Anywhere FC  0m 

Azpi probably goes back to RB and from the rest Sarri probably only sees Christensen and Rüdiger as suitable CB's, that he wants to work with i'd guess.

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Or even better 

No One  Anywhere FC  0m 

None of our CBs are very comfortable on the ball and its a pivotal position in a Sarri team. AC is about the best and he showed his weaknesses last year

4 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Azpi probably goes back to RB and from the rest Sarri probably only sees Christensen and Rüdiger as suitable CB's, that he wants to work with i'd guess.

I'm wondering how he will get on with Ampadu. Hes in the Perth crew.

I would prefer us getting KK but more than happy too let Sarri have Rugani who wont need to be trained to the new system.

I think some of us are forgetting just how different that Napoli plays to our creeping along,slow build up then big boot up front we play sometimes.

The main players need to be technically quick thinkers,passers. Comfortable on the ball. We dont have many at all like this.

Or am I wrong?

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

None of our CBs are very comfortable on the ball and its a pivotal position in a Sarri team. AC is about the best and he showed his weaknesses last year

I'm wondering how he will get on with Ampadu. Hes in the Perth crew.

I would prefer us getting KK but more than happy too let Sarri have Rugani who wont need to be trained to the new system.

I think some of us are forgetting just how different that Napoli plays to our creeping along,slow build up then big boot up front we play sometimes.

The main players need to be technically quick thinkers,passers. Comfortable on the ball. We dont have many at all like this.

Or am I wrong?

You're right Ampadu might work, i forgot about him. I still think Sarri needs at least 3 CB's that he knows he can rely on, so bringing someone in still makes sense...

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Sounds as if this is imminent, highly rated if you read around.

Ive not read a bad word about him apart from some of us/

He should fit in well and fast.

11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I would aim for David myself right now.

I cant see Cahill staying.

Yeah same here.

Only reason I'd keep Cahill instead is if HQ requirements need to be met and there are problems with non-HG squad spots. Just did a check and after the signing of Jorginho the club have 17 non-HG players therefore no place left for new arrivals, though Courtois departing would free up one spot if he were replaced with Schmeichel (HG) or Donnarumma (U21).

Either way, as things stand room will have to be made for all new signings by off-loading some of the current non-HG players. Bakayoko, Pedro and one of the strikers seem obvious ones to go at the moment, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Either way, as things stand room will have to be made for all new signings by off-loading some of the current non-HG players. Bakayoko, Pedro and one of the strikers seem obvious ones to go at the moment, but we'll see.

Not sure if we need a lumberjack to get rid of all our dead wood or a vet to put down all our Wonkey Donkeys!

Either way it should create some breathing space/ As usual we will be filling a few gaps with the youth.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I would aim for David myself right now.

I cant see Cahill staying.

More chance in Cahill staying to be a rotation player than Luiz in my eyes. Plus I know the HG shit is stupid but it makes sense because I think Moses and Drinkwater will be moved on as well. If the rumours regarding Napoli being interested in him is true then we should look to cash in because Ancelotti is a big fan, we know that from when he signed him here. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

If the club actually had time to be imaginative then I'd agree with you. The whole purpose of the Sarri connection signings is to implement his ideas into our team rather quickly with less than a month remaining to the start of the season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You