Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Probably not which is a shame because he has all the tools to be a top CB still. Technically he improved at Stoke as well but I suppose they were a train wreck defensively. 

What does everyone see in Zouma? I have never once looked at him and thought potential world beater in the making but everyone else seems too.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What does everyone see in Zouma? I have never once looked at him and thought potential world beater in the making but everyone else seems too.

He has a great slide tackle and is strong in the air, but that's about it imo. Perfect for a Stoke or a Mourinho team, but serious doubts in a team looking to play quick football on the ground.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Think he had the potential to be the ideal Mourinho no nonsense CB. Doesn't at all fit the mould of a Conte or Sarri defender, though.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I often ask myself this question.

17 minutes ago, manpe said:

He has a great slide tackle and is strong in the air, but that's about it imo. Perfect for a Stoke or a Mourinho team, but serious doubts in a team looking to play quick football on the ground.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think he had the potential to be the ideal Mourinho no nonsense CB. Doesn't at all fit the mould of a Conte or Sarri defender, though.

Not even sure he's even suited to Mourinho, his positional sense is woeful and most of these amazing slide tackles he does are putting out fires he started, Jose may not mind his lack of ball playing ability but he'd certainly have issue's with that. His only regular PL action has been during our worst period in the modern era and with a relegated team who held the worst defensive record, i know that isn't totally his fault but imagine the uproar if we got linked with buying a player of similar profile?

He's has good character and was signed as a youth project, both of those things have gone a long way to help save him from criticism, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

you overestimate Jorginho, how many games have you watched him play? £65B is too much for is skills!

Considering I only missed a handful of Napoli matches last season, quite a lot actually. Prices need to be ignored now in any transfer window, they aren't relevant at all.

As for Jorginho, his passing range is immense, he sees the game in a massive expansive form, he can dictate the tempo, so that along with a great passing range and his willingness to get on the ball and move it around quickly and easily he will offer us everything in that midfield if he signs. We don't have a player like him in midfield, only Cesc has the vision he posses but Jorginho covers a lot more ground and is more expansive.

If Sarri is indeed coming, and that this is the the over the odds signing we have to make from Napoli in order to pay but not pay the release clause, then it's a great move.

If we are going to implement positional play, we need to have a few players who are already familiar with it.  Having the man who links defence and builds the attacks from the back is ideal.  There will be a lot of players telling each other where to go for a while.  Having Jorginho as an on the field assistant coach will be invaluable, IMO.  I think Pedro is going to be important this season as well.

Edit:  Sorry, wrong thread

5 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I dont quite agree ... but I surely respect your opinion. 

My 2 cents are: 

For me, we havent really worried abt the HG thing ... you can see from the amount of English players we have on the team. Zouma has been more than decent last season and has made progress specially after that injury. It is time that he is shown the trust and faith and then take a call else we will be going back in all probability with a huge valuation to buy him back. More importantly I feel he is someone who will learn and at 23 he surely has age at his side to adapt to any style. 

Also I dont buy the entire premise that a player will fit because Sarri knows him (Conte knew Morata :) ... look what we got ) ... If Sarri or any manager for that matter is good then they will make the best of what they have because thats where we're heading today ... Club buying players rather than Managers. 

Not sure I agree with the last lines. Rugani has played under Sarri at Empoli. Conte liked Morata's profile but never got to play him. Also, you can't just turn a player that has little technique on the ball into a great passer. All in all, I don't think it's worth keeping Zouma now if he doesn't fit into the team. He didn't have a particulary great season at Stoke btw. He was a part of a defence that conceded the most goals in the Premier League. 

11 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

Not sure I agree with the last lines. Rugani has played under Sarri at Empoli. Conte liked Morata's profile but never got to play him. Also, you can't just turn a player that has little technique on the ball into a great passer. All in all, I don't think it's worth keeping Zouma now if he doesn't fit into the team. He didn't have a particulary great season at Stoke btw. He was a part of a defence that conceded the most goals in the Premier League. 

I wasnt comparing it literally, was more on the lighter side. 

On Zouma, he was the bright light in that defense at Stoke ... maybe I'm too blind to see his shortcoming rather I feel he has potential ... he might not be the modern day defender who comes with a range of passes but with proper guidance he can be a tank. Just my opinion :)

On 10/07/2018 at 4:37 PM, Tomo said:

Honestly think as a defender, he has all the tools to make it to the top. Athletic, great in the air, a bit of fine tuning with positioning and he'd be excellent. Technically he isn't amazing but as a defender pound for pound I think he could definitely be brilliant. Honestly don't think Rugani is much better than him or Christensen, although he is a lot better on the ball for instance than Zouma. Just look at Koulibaly before Sarri and after Sarri, no reason why Zouma couldn't improve, in terms of positioning KK learned a lot under Sarri, hes credited him with that in interviews. 

On 7/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, Tomo said:

I remember he tracked Aguero running back once and somehow with his outstretched boot forced a corner and everyone was going on about the next Thuram

That is a crazy amount of money for a relatively unknown CB. Sarri and the club must think extremely highly of him if that's what we're willing to pay. Especially as we already have Andreas and Rüdiger. Plus, it doesn't seem as nailed on that David Luiz is off like everyone assumed he would be.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You