Daniele Rugani

Unionjack

This transfer has me a bit worried. Christensen was quite good and looked very promising in the first half of the season. The second half of the season, particularly after Feburary, were rough for him, but not bad enough to lose confidence in him. If Rugani comes for the any price near the reported fees, where does that leave Christensen? Surely we aren't spending 50m on a bench player. Christensen has shown that he can play at a high level now, with room to improve in the future. Why bring in another centre-half with a similar skill set and age?

6 hours ago, Panic said:

This transfer has me a bit worried. Christensen was quite good and looked very promising in the first half of the season. The second half of the season, particularly after Feburary, were rough for him, but not bad enough to lose confidence in him. If Rugani comes for the any price near the reported fees, where does that leave Christensen? Surely we aren't spending 50m on a bench player. Christensen has shown that he can play at a high level now, with room to improve in the future. Why bring in another centre-half with a similar skill set and age?

because rugani is able to lead the defence. Christiansen is not 

(But it isn't sure that juve will sell him) 

Everyone is talking about Rugani and how he plays at Juventus in a totally different system under a totally different manager. 

Sarri worked with him at Empoli, so it is clear that he fits the profile for what he wants in terms of a CB. The same can be said about the links with Matias Vecino, the Uruguayan MF player who is at Inter, another player who came on leaps and bounds under Sarri with Empoli and Elseid Hysaj, who moved to Napoli afterwards with Sarri. I don't think we'll get all of the players just because hes worked with them but hes already got Jorginho and the talks of Rugani and Higuain haven't gone away so he will want a few guys who have experienced his football and methods to speed up the process as well as give him the chance to freshen up the squad. 

I think if Sarri wants the guy, we should be willing to give him a chance, no way he goes and spends 40-50M on a player he doesn't want. He wants to shape the squad to play the way he wants. Christensen and Rudiger are good players too (Christensen showed he still has a lot of areas where he could improve after a difficult end to the season), they can do what he wants I'm sure as well as Luiz and Cahill in a more limited capacity but he obviously wants a revolution in terms of the style, so some of these older guys who aren't well adapted to his style will probably go (Giroud, Luiz and/or Cahill, guys like Zouma, Drinkwater, Batshuayi and Bakayoko maybe as well) and be replaced with people hes more familiar with.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I like the guy I bet hes a really nice lad but I do think he might have a problem with his inner ear that causes him to lose his ballance. Its a shame cause he does seem to spend much time in getting up!

Price keeps rising, but we seemed determined to arm Sarri with who he wants. Frankly, you could see how much quicker Jorginho was moving the ball than anyone else, it might be an extreme example but it makes me more confident in Rugani if Sarri says he is the target he wants for his system. If we have a rotation of Rudiger/Christensen/Rugani/Luiz I think Sarri will be extremely happy. Not to mention Ampadu as an under 21 option. Very intriguing.

But where will he play is still my question. In place of whom? Paying £45m for a rotation option in an area of the squad we're actually well stocked in is madness. Weak opponent aside today, Luiz looked at home in this system as did Ampadu. So what happens to them if a Rugani comes in?

10 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

Rugani In Cahill and Luiz out
CB: Rugani, rudiger,christiensen and one like Kalas as 4th option

yeah , Kalas can back up azpilicueta at rb too, good solid player, hope he sticks around and gets some minutes - we will have lots of space for the Europa league

20 hours ago, lucio said:

yeah , Kalas can back up azpilicueta at rb too, good solid player, hope he sticks around and gets some minutes - we will have lots of space for the Europa league

Kalas couldn't nail down a starting job at Fulham.  I don't think he has any future here.

Have the board duped us all and jorginho is it? I mean this fella has been speculated for some time and it's going nowhere. Higuain, golovin as well...nailed on certainties but nout seems to be moving very quickly seeing as we've under a month to do our business. We should have known that sarri and jorginho in one day was too much lol

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You