Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Last thing I'll say regarding today's performance...

I'm always going to back the youth at the club, especially ones that have just broken through to the first team, you want to see your guys in the youth realise their potential. 

He was still our best attacker today, over Giroud, Pulisic, Werner and Havertz who came on later, so I don't understand why this isn't being seen as a positive performance from someone who's not had a lot of chances and game time. 

First half was a lot more like it from us and our best players were Mount, Chilwell and CHO. Obviously overall it wasn't a world beating performance from most on the team but CHO was definitely amongst the players that had better performances in the game. 

His performance in my opinion was an encouraging building block. Aston Villa are a top team ATM and it's looking like his game is being translated to the top a lot more now. 

First PL start since October, 2nd game back after injury after a really good 45 minutes against Arsenal and a solid performance against another top team in Villa so we should stop believing in his potential and he's overrated. Personally, I see progress today. It would take a lot more for me to write off one of the most talented youngsters who has just turned 20 from the academy. 

He surely was on course of becoming an exceptional player under Sarri but the injury seems to have wrecked him permanently. I doubt he will become anything more than an average PL player. Today he was not bad but  not particularly good either. a 6/10 performance like the on he almost always turns in. Has not developed at all. And as for that other comparison. Look how good KDB was already at 20.

That's it. For him to go to another level he needs to play regularly. And I see no reason why anyone should be ahead of him for winger position - either side. Scored as Ziyech and Pulisic combined. And if you take away Werner's penalties and goals he scored as striker he is behind as well and Timo is pretty much dreadful as LW.  Callum and Giroud are two attacking players I have most confidence in. 

• 1 month later...

Love the guy but I 100% agree with TT decision to take him off after subbing him on.

Jogging around the pitch like a little bitch.

He needs to seize this amazing opportunity he has given the talent he possesses. 

Every minute on the pitch is vital and he just plays like a casual.

Time to wake the fuck up Callum.

I might not have paid full attention to the game but feeling harsh to get him subbed and blamed in front of media by TT. 

Callum did not come in very well bit still improved our game and was a threat. How shit Alonso or Werner were? Benchy and Ollie Magnefique were on the bench too, really it had to be CHO to be taken down? Was he really that bad? 

34 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I might not have paid full attention to the game but feeling harsh to get him subbed and blamed in front of media by TT. 

Callum did not come in very well bit still improved our game and was a threat. How shit Alonso or Werner were? Benchy and Ollie Magnefique were on the bench too, really it had to be CHO to be taken down? Was he really that bad? 

Like I said, the youth players will be treated like that, while Tuchel would not have done that if it was Werner or Giroud. Their names are too big. You can treat youth players like that and get away with it, but hardly you get away with that when you do that to guys like Giroud for instance 

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Like I said, the youth players will be treated like that, while Tuchel would not have done that if it was Werner or Giroud. Their names are too big. You can treat youth players like that and get away with it, but hardly you get away with that when you do that to guys like Giroud for instance 

Probably but when 3 managers now have said the same thing about CHO, then you gotta wonder whether it's actually true.

Putting the others aside, I don't think CHO did much at all in the second half. Barring the 5-10 minutes period when we got the penalty, there was no desired impact from him. Only reason there's all this furore was because Tuchel subbed a sub. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Probably but when 3 managers now have said the same thing about CHO, then you gotta wonder whether it's actually true.

Putting the others aside, I don't think CHO did much at all in the second half. Barring the 5-10 minutes period when we got the penalty, there was no desired impact from him. Only reason there's all this furore was because Tuchel subbed a sub. 

I don't disagree with the fact that he might lack certain parts of pressing, but to he honest,I think he has impoved quite a lot in the defensive phase. He may not he a Pedro at pressing, but Pedro used to play for prime Barcelona. 

I thought CHO's performance was not good, but I don't think Ziyech's 15 minutes were that good either. So he basically slaughtered a player for no reason. 

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I thought CHO's performance was not good, but I don't think Ziyech's 15 minutes were that good either. So he basically slaughtered a player for no reason. 

Tuchel probably didn't need to go into so much detail but he was asked about it. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Jason said:

Tuchel probably didn't need to go into so much detail but he was asked about it. 🤷‍♂️

I am also not sure if CHO is able to handle such harsh words. I mean when Mou publicly criticised Eden, we more or less knew Eden will still carry us Eden's confidence is something else. But CHO?