Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

6 hours ago, Clockwork said:

CHO needs to go on loan, if there is a player I think must go on loan it is him. He needs minutes desperately.

As much as I've wanted him to stay and succeed, I'm inclined to agree. He's been in the squad three years now and is still yet to get a consistent run of games and with each passing day of playing very little football his sky-high potential is crumbling. At the moment there's too much competition for attacking positions in the squad, and the only way I could see CHO nailing down a starting spot is at RWB but after initially playing there it seems Tuchel doesn't really fancy him at wing-back.

Also contractually the right time to loan him is now or never. He currently has three years left on the deal he signed in 2019 so even if he spent one season out on loan he'd still have two left by the time he got back and if he'd done well he could easily overtake Pulisic/Ziyech in the squad hierarchy and finally start being a regular starter in the team, but if he stays another season playing a bit-part role then loaning him out will get a lot trickier if he were to come back with just a year left on his contract. 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

CHO and Ziyech on the right side is great option. Both very creative and robbed last night for many assists.

Looking forward to watching Callum this season.

He definitely offers a more attacking alternative in that RWB role which I think could be handy against some of the bottom half teams to try and stretch them.

He looks the fittest since his injury so I'm hoping this season we start seeing some of that potential realised. There's definitely a player in there and I think Tuchel knows that.

I agree on Ziyech too, I've said for a while now that I'm not prepared to give up on him after last season. His passing and not being afraid to have a shot in and around the penalty area could be very helpful in us trying to unlock some of the teams that sit in against us.

So I guess now people will be saying Ziyech “isnt a cunt for telling Hakimi not to sign for us” after last night then?

I think v small teams CHO and Ziyech is our best bet on the right tbf. Be plenty of football for him and Reece unless we do something big but I think Hakimi was the only real target for that area. 

Either way I think this is Callum’s biggest season of his career yet coming up, he’s 21 this year and needs to really start showing a bit more consistency and kick on another level I think to really nail down a slot in the team somewhere be it RWB or off the lefthand side. I get its maybe not a last chance saloon situation because at 20/21 you’ve got plenty time still but he needs to try and force his way into the team on a regular basis with his performances or before we know it we will be looking and wondering why hasnt he kicked on. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

So I guess now people will be saying Ziyech “isnt a cunt for telling Hakimi not to sign for us” after last night then?

I think v small teams CHO and Ziyech is our best bet on the right tbf. Be plenty of football for him and Reece unless we do something big but I think Hakimi was the only real target for that area. 

Oh cmon, that's some bullshit gossip (and I even don't like Ziyech)

• 2 weeks later...

Callum Hudson-Odoi hires out Thorpe Park to thank NHS staff and key workers for their efforts during the Covid-19 pandemic... with the Chelsea winger having just returned from doing volunteer work in Ghana

• Callum Hudson-Odoi treated key workers and school leavers to a day out 
  • The 20-year-old organised it, with guests enjoying things away from the crowds
  • The winger had recently returned from organising football sessions in Ghana
  • Hudson-Odoi is expected to start for Chelsea against Villarreal in the Super Cup

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9872277/Callum-Hudson-Odoi-hires-Thorpe-Park-thank-key-workers-pandemic-efforts.html

You can see why we waned Hakimi...

He is good on the ball but usually makes the wrong decision with the pass and movement. Just not direct enough. Alright rwb opiton for cover but if Bayern come back with 50m we should sell him. Also I did not really see what he offers offensively over RJ in that position.

Edited by Magic Lamps