Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

Just now, Special Juan said:

I'm not fooled by flashy outside of the foot passes across the field and the fact he once again slowed down when driving at people.

The lad is nowhere near as good people make out, just another middle of the road winger.

You're being so unfair, this is his first PL start in months, he's playing with Kanté and Azpilicueta aside him which hardly inspires creativity... He's not playing in his best position (LW), and still created some good chances (especially Werner towards the end who should've bagged that chance). He didn't perform a 10/10 game but for his first game back what exactly were you expecting? 

He's literally JUST turned 20 last month, you think he's not going to get better as a player either? You genuinely think the Champions of Europe who were contemplating on signing him for huge money didn't do their homework either? 

Callum will make it, whether it's here or somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

You're being so unfair, this is his first PL start in months, he's playing with Kanté and Azpilicueta aside him which hardly inspires creativity... He's not playing in his best position (LW), and still created some good chances (especially Werner towards the end who should've bagged that chance). He didn't perform a 10/10 game but for his first game back what exactly were you expecting? 

He's literally JUST turned 20 last month, you think he's not going to get better as a player either? You genuinely think the Champions of Europe who were contemplating on signing him for huge money didn't do their homework either? 

Callum will make it, whether it's here or somewhere else. 

I'm not being unfair I am being totally realistic. And I tell you what I was expecting today, it was a performance of someone who wants to be a main stay in this team for years. But I think I got too caught up in his cameo of the Arsenal game when he actually did something half decent for fucking ages.

Today, at Full-Time we have another answer after CHO started a game, he's simply not good enough and doesn't do it when given the chances.

The amount of hype and expectation on this guy, sometimes I feel sorry for him. He makes three cross field passes with no pressure on him in a half and Chelsea Twitter once again explodes with hyperbolic praise and sweeping statements. I don’t think there’s any other footballer out there his age with so much hysteria around him. I know they’re fans who are supporting him, but Christ. 

Just now, ja1 said:

The amount of hype and expectation on this guy, sometimes I feel sorry for him. He makes three cross field passes with no pressure on him in a half and Chelsea Twitter once again explodes with hyperbolic praise and sweeping statements. I don’t think there’s any other footballer out there with so much hysteria around him. I know they’re fans who are supporting him, but Christ. 

My question is what exactly is he good at and what as he done in his time in the first team to warrant the salivating over him?

Or maybe the fact he has only been in and out tell you everything about him, his attitude and what he brings.

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm not being unfair I am being totally realistic. And I tell you what I was expecting today, it was a performance of someone who wants to be a main stay in this team for years. But I think I got too caught up in his cameo of the Arsenal game when he actually did something half decent for fucking ages.

Today, at Full-Time we have another answer after CHO started a game, he's simply not good enough and doesn't do it when given the chances.

So we're writing off a 20 year old academy player who's had his first PL start in months after a serious injury problems because he didn't have a 10/10 performance but a 7.5/10 performance? 

He hasn't ever played 5 games in a row for Chelsea. 

He's not even being played in his best position today. He has Grealish on his side so the manager decided to push everything through to the left hand side(Pulisic and Chilwell), which meant he wouldn't have many touches anyway. Puts in a good performance, excellent passing on the ball in possession, some good defensive actions, some chances created, and that's it? 

He's never even had a run of proper starts under Lampard due to injuries and tactical choices? I don't think it's right to completely write off a player in this sort of situation. We've done this so many times before with guys like KDB and Salah and yet we haven't learn anything? 

Just now, The Skipper said:

So we're writing off a 20 year old academy player who's had his first PL start in months after a serious injury because he didn't have a 10/10 performance but a 7.5/10 performance? 

He's not even being played in his best position today. He has Grealish on his side so the manager decided to push everything through to the left hand side(Pulisic and Chilwell), which meant he wouldn't have many touches anyway. Puts in a good performance, excellent passing on the ball in possession, some good defensive actions, some chances created, and that's it? 

He's never even had a run of proper starts under Lampard due to injuries and tactical choices? I don't think it's right to completely write off a player in this sort of situation. We've done this so many times before with guys like KDB and Salah and yet we haven't learn anything? 

Stop making excuses for him time after time. He won't be anywhere near the levels of KdB and Salah so please stop kidding yourself.

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

lozana, diaby, saint maximin, thuram, depay, insignie, oyarzabal, ocampos, neres, kostic, barnes, guerrerio

I'm also an Ajax fan, I would swap him for CHO in a heart beat. None of those guys are better imo and certainly wouldn't sell CHO for £50m to replace him with any of those guys. 

Interestingly, I would love to see where most of those guys were when they just turned 20. Nowhere near CHOs level that's for certain. 

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Stop making excuses for him time after time. He won't be anywhere near the levels of KdB and Salah so please stop kidding yourself.

Obviously you've completely given up on him as have others. Agree to disagree. We shall see who's right in a couple of years naturally. 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I said exactly this in the Sarri days when people were swearing blind they would have been more patient with Sarri if he was playing Odoi and Ampadu more, I said they'd be patient until the time comes to put it into practice, and I was right.

Just over three months ago James was being branded as overrated and any decent thing Lamptey was doing was being used as evidence we sold the wrong fullback, you would have thought lessons would be learned by now.

Mount after the Leeds game was being discussed as such an important player and first name on the sheet. Few weeks later, people have turned their back on him and giving him stick. James had a rare bad game Saturday now watch if he has a average next game. Suddenly: "overrated", "we got too caught in the hype". This I think is CHO first league start of the season and he showed progress. Likes of Havertz have got longer stints in the team and have not performed that well albeit think he will come well. CHO deserves a run bit due to the depth, he is not being given that due to the strength in depth we have.