Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

With Callum on the pitch this season in the league we have 7:0 goal difference in just 138 minutes. 

If you add cup games 14:1

Whatever, with Ziyech getting healthier, Pulisic playing again, and of course with Mount having to play even on the wing CHO won't see much playing time anymore

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Can't wait till we get another manager who will bin Mount like Conte did with Oscar! :ph34r:

In all honesty, I wonder whether it has crossed Lampard's mind that all this constant chopping and changing of Mount's position has damaged his development as a player. As Tomo has mentioned a few times, Mount was known to score goals and provide assists at Vitesse (and I think he did the same at youth level too?) but those qualities have seemingly gone out of his game under Lampard. How can a young player develop if he's being constantly being moved around and learning A one week, B next week and then C the following week? Instead of talking about qualities such as scoring goals, providing assists, creativity etc - the kind of qualities that really define the best attacking players - about Mount, we're talking about his energy, workrate, pressing and all that - qualities that make Mount a functional player but nothing more. Not that those qualities are bad - teams do need some players like that - but at the same time, they also kinda make players like that very replaceable. 

Its Lampard, not Mount that is the issue.

If he doesn't really stat to turn it around on a consistent basis, he needs to go.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Can't wait till we get another manager who will bin Mount like Conte did with Oscar! :ph34r:

In all honesty, I wonder whether it has crossed Lampard's mind that all this constant chopping and changing of Mount's position has damaged his development as a player. As Tomo has mentioned a few times, Mount was known to score goals and provide assists at Vitesse (and I think he did the same at youth level too?) but those qualities have seemingly gone out of his game under Lampard. How can a young player develop if he's being constantly being moved around and learning A one week, B next week and then C the following week? Instead of talking about qualities such as scoring goals, providing assists, creativity etc - the kind of qualities that really define the best attacking players - about Mount, we're talking about his energy, workrate, pressing and all that - qualities that make Mount a functional player but nothing more. Not that those qualities are bad - teams do need some players like that - but at the same time, they also kinda make players like that very replaceable. 

The problem imo is Lamp pretty much want to build the team around Werner + Havertz and move other player around to complement them. Not sure I like this idea but that is what I see so far. 

50 minutes ago, communicate said:

The problem imo is Lamp pretty much want to build the team around Werner + Havertz and move other player around to complement them. Not sure I like this idea but that is what I see so far. 

It's not that with Mount, is it? Even last season, Mount was played on the LW, #10, RW in a 4-2-3-1 OR LW, CM, RW in a 4-3-3 or one of the front 3 attacking players in a back 3 system. Can any of us confidently sit down here and say Position X is the best position for Mount? Do we even know what his best position actually is? 

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's not that with Mount, is it? Even last season, Mount was played on the LW, #10, RW in a 4-2-3-1 OR LW, CM, RW in a 4-3-3 or one of the front 3 attacking players in a back 3 system. Can any of us confidently sit down here and say Position X is the best position for Mount? Do we even know what his best position actually is? 

I say his best position is a no. 8 in 4-3-3, i don't see him as a no. 10 or a wingers (LW/RW) he just simply don't have the right attributes to play those position.

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

I say his best position is a no. 8 in 4-3-3, i don't see him as a no. 10 or a wingers (LW/RW) he just simply don't have the right attributes to play those position.

As a winger, definitely not one but all the constant chopping and changing has not allowed him to settle in on one position and develop there properly so that we can say whether that is his best or not best position etc. 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:17 AM, Blues Forever said:

On 10/23/2020 at 9:22 AM, Jason said:

As a winger, definitely not one but all the constant chopping and changing has not allowed him to settle in on one position and develop there properly so that we can say whether that is his best or not best position etc. 

Well we dont have position for him anymore because we play 4-2-3-1. This season he started 7 games and 6 as a winger. Just once he was AM against Spurs and that was very bad game for him. Even as a winger he did not do anything. 

His only good game was against WBA and in that game he started on RW but in second half he moved to his best position when we changed formation.

So ironically his biggest fan Frank is kind of his enemy here.

And btw last season when Mount played winger everyone said that it was emergency but it was not. He played ahead of CHO and Pedro and now he plays ahead of CHO again and even Puli has to change his best side.

On 26/10/2020 at 6:58 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

Probably because they are tired of seeing the same members posting the same repetitive nonsense on how a 19 and 21 year old footballer are finished articles and won't ever make it here. 

Best Post I've seen on here.

On 10/27/2020 at 0:28 AM, MoroccanBlue said:

Probably because they are tired of seeing the same members posting the same repetitive nonsense on how a 19 and 21 year old footballer are finished articles and won't ever make it here. 

Amen.

• 2 weeks later...