Olivier Giroud

milka

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Definitely think Giroud will go in Jan. Deserves to as well. Can go to France and be the main man at a decent club where he can be very effective still.

Now that we have a striker in Tammy who is bigger and good holding it up, we should bring in a different sort of forward than we've had in years past. A pacey, second striker type. Someone in the Griezmann or Son style. A player who can play across the front line. Don't know who that would be, though.

Lautaro Martinez will be a good option but I could imagine Conte going to the boardroom holding them at gunpoint demanding they reject any offer we make.

• 2 weeks later...
Lampard just doesn't fancy Giroud, does he? Looks like he'll be gone in January. 
It seem quite clear Giroud wanted to leave in the summer, but we all know why he stayed. No point in playing someone that will be going in a matter of months, I guess.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Timo Werner would be nice :D

Saw this online:

Liverpool are planning a £215m move for PSG forward Kylian Mbappe in a move that could see Mohamed Salah head to Real Madrid.

I think we should also give PSG 215 to get Kylian. 

Should put ourselves at least there for contention. 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Saw this online:

Liverpool are planning a £215m move for PSG forward Kylian Mbappe in a move that could see Mohamed Salah head to Real Madrid.

I think we should also give PSG 215 to get Kylian. 

Should put ourselves at least there for contention. 

I still think Real Madrid or Barcelona are the only clubs that Kylian Mbappe will ever consider leaving PSG for.

Even then, £215m is a bit low as well considering he cost PSG £158m and has continuously gotten better and is one of the best players of his generation.

Anyway, I think any club (and that includes Barca and Real) who bid £215m will get laughed away by PSG anyway. He is going to cost someone very close to 300m minimum after this season. 

Why would Real try sign Salah and not just go for Mbappe, who Zidane has very much wanted since returning as well as the fact that the former Monaco owner has stated that Real is effectively Mbappes dream next move when he decides he doesnt want to play in Paris any longer? 

Liverpool as well I think, despite how good they are now, when Klopps cycle there finishes (also like City when Pep decides he wants to change teams which he seems to do every 3 or 4 seasons based on his career so far), they will lose a bit of their appeal to the top players. Or thats what I think anyway. Maybe not be relevant if they make the bid next summer as I imagine Klopp will still be there until he takes them as far as he can but in the long term, dont see Mbappe playing there. I will be surprised if Bayern dont try and make an approach for Klopp come the summer if they go for a short term appointment until then. 

I think if there is a set price yeah the PL clubs will match it but ultimately I still think Real and Barca are going to be his preferences.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I still think Real Madrid or Barcelona are the only clubs that Kylian Mbappe will ever consider leaving PSG for.

Even then, £215m is a bit low as well considering he cost PSG £158m and has continuously gotten better and is one of the best players of his generation.

Anyway, I think any club (and that includes Barca and Real) who bid £215m will get laughed away by PSG anyway. He is going to cost someone very close to 300m minimum after this season. 

Why would Real try sign Salah and not just go for Mbappe, who Zidane has very much wanted since returning as well as the fact that the former Monaco owner has stated that Real is effectively Mbappes dream next move when he decides he doesnt want to play in Paris any longer? 

Liverpool as well I think, despite how good they are now, when Klopps cycle there finishes (also like City when Pep decides he wants to change teams which he seems to do every 3 or 4 seasons based on his career so far), they will lose a bit of their appeal to the top players. Or thats what I think anyway. Maybe not be relevant if they make the bid next summer as I imagine Klopp will still be there until he takes them as far as he can but in the long term, dont see Mbappe playing there. I will be surprised if Bayern dont try and make an approach for Klopp come the summer if they go for a short term appointment until then. 

I think if there is a set price yeah the PL clubs will match it but ultimately I still think Real and Barca are going to be his preferences.

You seriously think Mbappe is dumb enough to extend his contract at PSG? They will be forced to sell him for less sooner or later.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Pretty sure Mbappe will end up at Madrid. Zidane has been talking A LOT recently about him wanting to play Real Madrid. 

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

You seriously think Mbappe is dumb enough to extend his contract at PSG? They will be forced to sell him for less sooner or later.

He wont extent but he signed there for how many years? 5? 6? After his loan was done. Hes still got to the summer of 2022. If he goes next summer he will still cost someone over 275m easily. Hes only 20 or 21. Probably the best player of that age in the world. Multiple Ligue 1 winner, a world cup winner, arguably the next best footballer of the next decade and plays for a club who do.not need to sell for peanuts as they are Saudi backed. You do the maths. They wanted over the 220m euros they paid for Neymar and in a world where Real Madrid paid a sum that will make up to 130m in the next few seasons for Eden Hazard who had 1 year on his deal, it makes the fact people believe PSG will sell at this 215m figure even more laughable.

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He wont extent but he signed there for how many years? 5? 6? After his loan was done. Hes still got to the summer of 2022. If he goes next summer he will still cost someone over 275m easily. Hes only 20 or 21. Probably the best player of that age in the world. Multiple Ligue 1 winner, a world cup winner, arguably the next best footballer of the next decade and plays for a club who do.not need to sell for peanuts as they are Saudi backed. You do the maths. They wanted over the 220m euros they paid for Neymar and in a world where Real Madrid paid a sum that will make up to 130m in the next few seasons for Eden Hazard who had 1 year on his deal, it makes the fact people believe PSG will sell at this 215m figure even more laughable.

Mbappe will probably leave in 2021 for something like 200m which seems like a fair deal for all parties.