Ross Barkley

milllz

2 hours ago, manpe said:

I don't understand what he means by playing on the right or left in a midfield 3. The pivot? Wing-back?

LWB ---------- LCM ------ RCM ------------ RWB

------------------------ DMF -------------------------

I guess this, LCM or RCM.

41 minutes ago, El P. said:

LWB ---------- LCM ------ RCM ------------ RWB

------------------------ DMF -------------------------

I guess this, LCM or RCM.

The 352 i know is

———————-cam———————-

lwb———ldm————rdm——-rwb

and i think conte meant he wanted him as cam and cam only But who gives a damn what Conte thinks. He is off in summer of maybe even after Barca. The thing is we thought Barkley would be more like a Lamprd who consistently puts defences under pressure with passes, movements and shots but barks is toothless when deployed in an attacking position. He is bot a regular scorer and not a great passer either. His movement in and ound the box is so predictable. He reminds me of young Schweinsteige, a player with goood technical ability but bo pace or venom or creative flair who was trier on the wings of no:10 when ultimately his best position was as an old Fashioned no 8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2018 at 2:51 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Well, hamstring injuries are usually not that lengthy are they.. Also Barkley looked like a strange element in our system anyway so he can use the time on the sidelines to study our tactic boards.

hamstring injuries can be very sneaky... as in it's very difficult to know when it's time to return/up the workout. Recurring hamstring injuries in particular can be stubborn.

Considering the lack of options in CM, we need Ross to come back ASAP. Thinking next season, either he becomes a viable option for the CM position or we will need to go shopping and it's not going to be for just one CM.

• 2 months later...
On 23/05/2018 at 6:26 PM, akgw13 said:

I know he has had a rough start at Chelsea, coming off a massive injury into a toxic culture. If Sarri does come, Barkley could actually potentially become extremely useful. He is an uber athletic hard working player with talent and a nice shot on him. I envision him playing the Hamsik role of most attacking midfielder. Barkley/RLC both fit that role and they could really come good with the system and coach. To me its not fair to judge Barkley until he is fully healthy, his clock starts next year for me & I think Sarri could be a blessing for him

I'm open minded about him. If Sarri checks him out in pre season and likes him then it will do for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like what I've seen of all the preseason training vids of him. Allot of the lads Alonso,Cescy,Pedro are laughing joking quite a bit. But barkley has got his head down and is really looking into it.

Hes looking really fit. I will be interested to see what Sarri makes of him

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I like what I've seen of all the preseason training vids of him. Allot of the jads Alonso,Cescy,Pedro are laughing joking quite a bit. But barkley has got his head down and is really looking into it.

Hes looking really fit. I will be interested to see what Sarri makes of him

Over/Under 10g in all competitions for him this year?