Ross Barkley

milllz

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Sorry?

Sorry, lost in translation aha if you had to place a bet do you think Barkley will score more or less than 10 goals in all competitions next year. 

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

Sorry, lost in translation aha if you had to place a bet do you think Barkley will score more or less than 10 goals in all competitions next year. 

LOL I would have to get my magic 8 ball out bud.

I was hoping that Golovin will be joining us too. He will be the more forward CM and playmaker also. But in a fast playing, fast passing attacking team with a manager who has faith in him you dont know what will happen do you. Its all hopes and ifs. Its the same with RLC. I know I'm not his biggest fan but I'm open to the possibility he could get better under Sarri.

We just dont know. But to have a goal scoring CM would be perfic.

Just now, Unionjack said:

LOL I would have to get my magic 8 ball out bud.

I was hoping that Golovin will be joining us too. He will be the more forward CM and playmaker also. But in a fast playing, fast passing attacking team with a manager who has faith in him you dont know what will happen do you. Its all hopes and ifs. Its the same with RLC. I know I'm not his biggest fan but I'm open to the possibility he could get better under Sarri.

We just dont know. But to have a goal scoring CM would be perfic.

You should be a politician dodging a straight answer like that! lol kidding. 

I think Barkley definitely has the potential, and he looks fit. Would love for him to succeed. Ill take the slight under and say 8g this season with some assists as well. Chelsea fans have written him off far too quickly in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

You should be a politician dodging a straight answer like that! lol kidding. 

I think Barkley definitely has the potential, and he looks fit. Would love for him to succeed. Ill take the slight under and say 8g this season with some assists as well. Chelsea fans have written him off far too quickly in my opinion.

Well if you want guesses then I'd be happy with 10g + assists.

We normally have an accumulation of goals from all over.

I am a slight bit worried that none of our CMs are good in the air

And what are we going to do with Alonso and Moses?

And Will Dave work in a Sarri system?

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well if you want guesses then I'd be happy with 10g + assists.

We normally have an accumulation of goals from all over.

I am a slight bit worried that none of our CMs are good in the air

And what are we going to do with Alonso and Moses?

And Will Dave work in a Sarri system?

Those are all fair worries.

1) Jorginho is at least a decent height, the majority of top teams play the ball on the ground now and our CB's are quite tall. In a sarri system pressing matters more than deep line defending.

2) Alonso could be sold but doubtful, Moses could be decent if he really focuses on his positioning. Both are fine players and servants for the club. I view Emerson and Azpi as grabbing the fullback roles but it will all be decided by Sarri once he works with everyone.

3) Yes, in my opinion. Hysaj is a fine player but they share many similarities. Dave is a natural RB with decent ball skills and ever improving deep crossing. He is a leader and tireless worker, those players always make it work. 

11 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Those are all fair worries.

1) Jorginho is at least a decent height, the majority of top teams play the ball on the ground now and our CB's are quite tall. In a sarri system pressing matters more than deep line defending.

2) Alonso could be sold but doubtful, Moses could be decent if he really focuses on his positioning. Both are fine players and servants for the club. I view Emerson and Azpi as grabbing the fullback roles but it will all be decided by Sarri once he works with everyone.

3) Yes, in my opinion. Hysaj is a fine player but they share many similarities. Dave is a natural RB with decent ball skills and ever improving deep crossing. He is a leader and tireless worker, those players always make it work. 

No real worries over Dave, Lets hope Cahills not captain.

Should think Rudi and Rugani will be CBs but what I find a bit worrying is both of their weaknesses is tackling. Tho I do love Rudis game face

Ive been pondering about Barkley. And tho I do reckon he would do the Hamsik  job well I was wondering how well he would be as a Callejon / Willian replacement?

Hes got all the skills needed plus would be of great help when high pressing needed.

The only thing Ive ever had against him is he is injury prone but right now he looks fit as fuck

It would be a shame IMHO not to make good use of him

Whats your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

I hope we keep RLC this season and let him and Barkley battle it out for that position

It looks that way.  On one hand, I'd love a Thiago type for that position.  But Barkley, RLC, and Mount are all young.  Any AM purchase will hamper their development.  I have high hopes for Barkley this season.  He looked a little lost tactically against Perth, but his determination was really nice to see.

Just now, Clockwork said:

Got a lot of hype after the Perth Glory game, but for me he doesn't do enough. What are others thought on him after a few preseason games?

Hard to tell, but he looks fit, just not much end product so far. RLC looked lost tonight (no, not talking about the missed pen) AND, for some fucking reason, he looks depressed, sulky, like fucking Morata (not quite that bad though). Why the fuck that is, I have NO clue. He had a great WC and he could easily claim a starting slot by beating out Barkley. Very disappointing.

7 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Got a lot of hype after the Perth Glory game, but for me he doesn't do enough. What are others thought on him after a few preseason games?

On the edge of things. Looks fit and determined but not doing quite enough in making a difference in the final third.