Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

On 26/11/2017 at 9:43 PM, manpe said:

His physique would allow him to dominate everybody, but he doesn't.

I think two things. He still needs to get used to the pace of the league (like Alvaro in some aspects) and the injury and no pre season this summer has softened his physique. He looked much bigger/athletic at Monaco. 

On 28/11/2017 at 2:54 PM, the wes said:

I’m glad Conte is keeping it rational with Baka. 

Meanwhile Tolisso proving himself on the big stages.. We should sue Emenalo for insisting on buying this fraud.

Fabinho can cover 2 positions, is 3 times the player Bakayoko is and only one year older. Pathetic decision. Just as his name baka means stupid in japanese fitting for this guy.

^ I decided to watch Fabinho's highlights so far this season, considering i've read a few times he's been 'nothing since Bakayoko left and stopped holding his hand.' 

Turns out, he's pulling off Fabregas-level passes multiple times per game, remains deep and stands tall and strong, usually winning the ball, and simply lacks a bit of confidence, in the way a player does when they know they deserved a move to a top club, but it didn't materialise. 

But apparently, buying shit for 40m and trying to turn it into a diamond, is somehow better than just buying a diamond for 40m.

(As some of us maintained - Fabinho is 3 players in one. Bakayoko is half a player. Watch below. Compare the simple techniques of passing the ball & positioning.)
(Vid from this season, his apparently worst season for Monaco.)

https://twitter.com/EiFsoccer/status/934497704478208002

Seriously though, even though atm the above isn't that far off, we've been discussing different things here: a) can he become/conte make him a good player? perhaps. Not great, but good. b ) even if he becomes a good player one day, what type of player would he be? A lesser Kante, or a Matic type with less technique and more physique?

I am personally more interested in b ) above. We bought the wrong player IMO.

11 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He’s not having a good time at all. Had a similar start to his Monaco career funnily enough. He needs time, but it’s quite funny how CFC are ok with that but not when it comes to their own talents (e.g. RLC) it’s another story. 

Since Terry never has any academy player had so many minutes in a season as Bakayoko has. Wonder if you would been saying the same thing for any of them. Not saying Loftus is anything special, but my word this bloke looks like an absolute donkey. Cant even defend, running around like a headless chicken, and so scared on the ball that he always passes in the same direction he is turned at, its almost as I am watching an U-16 player not knowing how to switch sides.

If Conte gets this guy playing well then it will be another miracle from him.

PS. yeah Matic was not great, but compared to this he looks like Zidane

Don't disagree at all about him being our worst ever Roman signing. Torres was instrumental in our CL victory, and was truly decent in games before that. Our first few dodgy signings when Mourinho first took the helm were at least relatively cheap. Willian, as bad as he's become, started off as a useful player at least, which Bakayoko isn't. Oscar is in the same boat there with Willian. Shevchenko was at least exciting to watch because you knew what he had in him, and Bosingwa was a consistent 6.5 player instead of this consistently 4.5/5.0 player. 

The new narrative i want to introduce is this - if he were free, having come through the youth system, would he play?
Especially tonight - I believe not. I believe if RLC put these performances in, tonight would've been 'too important' to play him. I believe after a season like Bakayoko's having, he'd be loaned out. I imagine the few pro-Bakayoko people we have now, would still be positive, but saying 'he needs game-time elsewhere.' 

I don't know why some people are still behind him. As if he doesn't deserve to take the brunt of responsibility in a sport which demands that each individual player take the initiative to be as good as they can possibly be. Forget slagging the board off for a moment for the terrible move - Bakayoko deserves to be slagged off for suddenly being around better players, a better coach, and better under-coaches, yet not using any of that to his advantage. He's made no effort to raise his mental game; he commands none of his teammates when necessary, and never carries himself in a way which tells his teammates 'I've got this - and so do you.'

He deserves to be driven out, right away. If we had a ruthless board like Barcelona's, he'd already be getting the Turan treatment. 

He's always had a poor motor. That's one huge red-flag I saw in his Monaco days. He's like the anti-Kante in that regard. When Fabregas is putting in more of a shift in midfield than you then you know there's a problem there. 

No reason he can't be sold half-price with a buy-back clause. If he's ever going to be good enough, he can reach that at another club no? While we stop gambling on 'if' and simply play players good enough?

39 minutes ago, Leif said:

The new narrative i want to introduce is this - if he were free, having come through the youth system, would he play?

No way in hell. That's why spending 40m on "potential" is crazy, the risk is just too great. For the same money you can buy fulfilled potential. Then we bought Drinkwater for 40... 80 combined for both. This club just doesn't make sense, why not shove like 50m on a really good established player and 30m on some capable potential. 80 million combined for both when that kind of money could have solved our midfield issues for years, but instead we created more without improving.

16 minutes ago, manpe said:

No way in hell. That's why spending 40m on "potential" is crazy, the risk is just too great. For the same money you can buy fulfilled potential. Then we bought Drinkwater for 40... 80 combined for both. This club just doesn't make sense, why not shove like 50m on a really good established player and 30m on some capable potential. 80 million combined for both when that kind of money could have solved our midfield issues for years, but instead we created more without improving.

it is right to take young people with potential, but it is to take the right one !! I do not know who in our club evaluates players and purchases.

do not complain about buying bakayoko now, anyone who had seen 4-5 games in Monaco knew its real value !!it's just ridiculous the inability to evaluate the players ... sold de bruyne and took players like bakayoko and willian! I feel like crying !!!