Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

4 minutes ago, Leif said:

Theorising that Bakayoko will come good, while disregarding who he is now, is no different from me saying 'Hazard will come bad! Just wait!', and completely ignoring, not even once stating, that he's been absolutely great for us consistently. It'd be madness.

If Bakayoko was signed on a free and put in these performances there wouldn't be half the people defending him. There'd be shouts of 'Why didn't we spend some fucking money? Stingy board'. The truth would be far more apparent - that he's simply not good enough.
But because he cost money, there's none of that 'get rid of him right away!' instinct - the lack of instinct which kept Bosingwa, Mikel, Oscar, and others here far too long.

No player with genuine potential splits a fanbase in half regarding him. No player with genuine potential gets laughed at by opposing fans. No player with genuine potential is this dire at the basics. 

Mate, Kondogbia was dogshit for two years and he is ripping laliga apart this season. 

Maybe its a fluke, but what realy matters from then on, is mentality.

And Bakayoko is certainly a lad with good mentality, thats why I think he can become very good. 

Sure he wont be doing rabonas and 60m passes, but he can become very allround midfield powerhouse. 

Another example, Dembele was on exit doors after rather shit games for spurs, but Pochettino made him extra good player.

If people werent as short sighted...

Bakayoko doesnt have that excelent ball control, but he has the size, dynamics, tackling and very good dribbling. Doesnt show it in chelsea yet, but its early stages. Put all that together with some improvement and you get one hell of a midfielder. 

Must admit I was excited with his arrival, but what I've seen so far has been underwhelming. I don't watch French football, so my knowledge of him was based on youtube videos and on what other people had been saying, plus two or three full Monaco games. Didn't have an educated opinion of him then, have a bit now and I must say he hasn't been what I thought he would be. He does simple short passes and looks lost positionally half the time, not to mention squeaky techinque and passing. Where are those marauding runs we were promised? His physique would allow him to dominate everybody, but he doesn't. Okay, he puts his body across and wins the ball sometimes, but it really is not something Chalobah or RLC couldn't have offered + more. From his recent performances a BIG improvement is needed to be considered of adequate quality for this club.

On 26/11/2017 at 9:43 PM, manpe said:

Must admit I was excited with his arrival, but what I've seen so far has been underwhelming. I don't watch French football, so my knowledge of him was based on youtube videos and on what other people had been saying, plus two or three full Monaco games. Didn't have an educated opinion of him then, have a bit now and I must say he hasn't been what I thought he would be. He does simple short passes and looks lost positionally half the time, not to mention squeaky techinque and passing. Where are those marauding runs we were promised? His physique would allow him to dominate everybody, but he doesn't. Okay, he puts his body across and wins the ball sometimes, but it really is not something Chalobah or RLC couldn't have offered + more. From his recent performances a BIG improvement is needed to be considered of adequate quality for this club.

What is crazy is that the guy is dubbed a starter for us whereas the likes of RLC and Boga are shipped out on loan. Don't even get me started on Chalobah. Who the fuck makes these decisions??

6 hours ago, DDA said:

What is crazy is that the guy is dubbed a starter for us whereas the likes of RLC and Boga are shipped out on loan. Don't even get me started on Chalobah. Who the fuck makes these decisions??

Baka's clearly better and at a more advanced stage in his career than all 3, lets not get into romantic youth mode here.Ruben has potential to be a good player if he keeps up his current form, but if he does make it here his role will be totally different to Baka's. The other two im yet to see what the big fuss is about.

31 minutes ago, the wes said:

Its true cant knock his commitment, and Kompany at Citeh was a buffoon for a while,  but at a top club you are given a very short window to show your stuff before being shown the door

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Not here. Think Torres, Mikel, Kalou, Oscar.

Mikel was a good ! I liked Kalou -but Oscar was more miss than hit and Torres well yeah give you that one = seemed an Abramovich signing like Shevchenko

1 minute ago, the wes said:

yes I would with Conte being an ex midfielder I'm sure Conte can teach Baka into better midfielder  

Yeah agree -cant fault his energy and commitment - also reminds a bit of Luiz when he arrived, loads of headless charging about, yet becoming so much more tactically aware later on